Confirmed Signing with Link: Andrei Mironov in Colorado

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Wow, Sakic is finally attempting to fix his Defense without some AHL'ers. Good for him, hopefully it makes Duchene and others want to stay. Can you tell us a bit more about this player?

Edit:

Talent Analysis
To call Mironov a bruising defenseman would be an understatement. Mironov has all the makings of an excellent stay-at-home defenseman and enough puck skills to help get the puck out of his zone and to his teammates.

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/andrei-mironov/#Jrf5gxSWh7ilDkmw.99

http://milehighsticking.com/2017/01/30/colorado-avalanche-showing-interest-signing-andrei-mironov/

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Wow, Sakic is finally attempting to fix his Defense without some AHL'ers. Good for him, hopefully it makes Duchene and others want to stay. Can you tell us a bit more about this player?

Well, he's tough, kinda similar to young Emelin. Love to hit, became his KHL team captain at age 20 (or 21, don't remember exactly). You will see him at WHC pretty soon.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Zadorov and Mironov...if anything, they'll just go around destroying players earning suspensions along the way I'm sure, but entertaining at least.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He reminds me of this guy

kasparaitis_789.jpg

Mironov, Zadorov and Meloche all on one D corp is going to be hell to play against.

lowol

Nov 27, 2006
Zadorov and Mironov...if anything, they'll just go around destroying players earning suspensions along the way I'm sure, but entertaining at least.

Zadorov is exceptionally clean for the magnitude of hits that he delivers.

Mironov... uh, that's a different story. There were definitely a lot of dirty hits popping up in our prospects feed:

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
after the season we had, the news of Bednar and Sakic continuing at the helm, the draft lottery... finally something nice to look for.

I can't wait to see Mironov laying some huge hip-checks around. Put him and Zadorov together and we may have the most feared (and hated) pairing in the league soon enough. :yo:

Foppa

Future Norris Winner
Feb 27, 2002
Kansas City, USA
How is Mironov viewed in Russia/KHL? Hated figure by other KHL teams? Seems to have a pretty valued role with Russia NT though too.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
That's good news but I wouldn't call that confirmed. There's always still time for Colorado to screw it up.

Btw, what the latest on his status for the World Championship?

Well, Dynamo's GM said, Mironov was going to play in the NHL. Yeah, the contract hasn't probably been signed yet, but it's a matter of days, I think.

As to WHC, he's on the roster.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Hopefully Sakic can get this contract completed, we really need a good young stay at home defenseman and Minorov is the perfect age for the Avs in their "rebuild".

I'm not worried too much about Minorov's questionable hits, Sakic and Bednar will probably clean him up a bit when he comes over.

Zadorov and Minorov learning off each other is going to be so much fun to watch for Avs fans. Hopefully he pans out as a player. The avs deserve some good luck in the defense department, so far it looks like a 4th rounder well spent

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Fantastic news!

Get Butcher signed and they can add D Heiskanen/Lilegren this year or allow them to draft Vilardi. Trade Duchene/Landry/Barrie for another D and 2018 Draft is D rich, the team will be competitive as soon as 2019!

hockeyheadlines

Oct 9, 2016
Canada
That's good news but I wouldn't call that confirmed. There's always still time for Colorado to screw it up.

Btw, what the latest on his status for the World Championship?

I don't see how they can screw this up, they did draft him after all. If he wants to play in the NHL, that's his ticket.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
That hit on Radulov was a thing of beauty. I'm excited to have this guy on the team. He reminds me of Kasparaitis.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
Had we not of drafted him Avs probably wouldn't have even been in the conversation. I guess that's one way to ensure you get cracks at talented overseas players.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad