Andrei Mezin just phenomenal.

MrAlfie

Im watching the FIN- BLR game right now , and its not like Mezin is playing spectacular, but he definitly looks like he could be a good goalie in the nhl, its a shame though that hes already 31 close to 32 and yet never made it over to the nhl.
hes having a stellar year in russia, do you guys think theres a chance a team is goin to pick him up next year? for instance a team that has a great goalie prospect and need a solid guy until the prospect developed?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Burke's Evil Spirit said:
Mezin stunk in North American. Can't see anyone willing to bring him back.

Jan Lasak was dominant at the WCs, too.

Most important part. Now he is our 3rd/4th best G.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk

He's had good seasons and bad seasons over there. But more importantly, Mezin always plays great for Team Belarus! :handclap:

Malurous

Dec 14, 2005

Jan Lasak was dominant at the WCs, too.

Lasak played pretty well behind some awesome Slovak teams, having some good tournaments and some bad. Mezin has played some fantastic hockey behind teams ranging from horrible to average every year.

MrAlfie

Extinguisher said:
That's why his name is A. Mezin.

hellooooooo comedy club... :biglaugh:

oh dear, oh dear

congratulations buddy, its been a long time since a messageboard gave me a good chuckle.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Mezins major problem is his consistency. From time to time, he plays exceptional for Belarus, but then he absolutely falls apart. He played a game at the World Championships last year (cant remember the opponent) that was probably one of the best games a goalie has ever played, but then struggles for stretches in other games.

I dont think he has the mentality to be an NHL netminder. A solid international netminder, who has the ability to see a game or two, yes, but not somebody who can be counted on for anything beyond that.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Tricolore#20 said:
Mezins major problem is his consistency. From time to time, he plays exceptional for Belarus, but then he absolutely falls apart. He played a game at the World Championships last year (cant remember the opponent) that was probably one of the best games a goalie has ever played, but then struggles for stretches in other games.

I dont think he has the mentality to be an NHL netminder. A solid international netminder, who has the ability to see a game or two, yes, but not somebody who can be counted on for anything beyond that.

Wow, I guess you watched another netminder then. First, Mezin rarely, if ever, falls apart, especailly when playing for Team Belarus. He is as mentally tough as anyone. Second, at last year's WC Mezin had best GAA and save percentage in the tournament, and never surrendered short-handed goal! Just amazing performance. Obviously he he "hadn't struggled for stretches in other games".

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
I will never forget Mezin's 2002 Olympic win over Sweden, he was amazing.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
MMX said:
Wow, I guess you watched another netminder then. First, Mezin rarely, if ever, falls apart, especailly when playing for Team Belarus. He is as mentally tough as anyone. Second, at last year's WC Mezin had best GAA and save percentage in the tournament, and never surrendered short-handed goal! Just amazing performance. Obviously he he "hadn't struggled for stretches in other games".
I don't believe it. He's THAT good?? :sarcasm:

MrAlfie

MMX said:

actually what i think that tricolore is saying that he isnt able to put up those numbers in a stretch of 60 or 70 games (i dont know how many games teams in the RSL play). hes without a doubt a an A+ Goaltender when it comes to international matchups but mediocre at best in league games.. even though his stats this year in the RSL r great according to hockeydb.

im just really surprised he never had a shot on the big stage

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
I remember him being interviewed by the CBC after the big Sweden upset in '02 and he said that he had his chance to make it in North America and blew it. He seemed very humble about the whole thing in that he had an honest opinion of himself and didn't blame everyone else.

MMX

Aug 3, 2005
Minsk
Douggy said:
I don't believe it. He's THAT good?? :sarcasm:

OK, I am not sure I get your sarcasm, perhaps I wasn't clear enough. Here is what I wanted to say: at last year's WC, Team Belarus didn't surrender a single goal when playing short-handed. This is absolutely remarkable achievement, all-time record, I believe. Obviously Mezin was a huge factor in it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->