Andrei Medvedev

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanuthier*

Likely not. Hasn't improved his conditioning, last I heard still a backup, Flames management is dissapointed in his work ethic, and with the IIHF transfer agreement, I can't see the Flames giving up very much for the guy.

Taratuhkin and Trubachev seem to be on the rebound for the Flames priority list though.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Almost no chance whatsoever, his prospects of getting a starting role in the RSL aren't that great.

Phanuthier*

Leachmeister2000 said:
For a fat slob that guys has incredible flexibility and raw talent.
I don't even mind him being fat

I'm just dissapointed with his conditioning

chriss_co

Mar 6, 2004
CALGARY
im disappointed w/ his work ethic.. nevermind his conditioning or him being fat..

that kind of attitude will not get him over to the nhl

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Phanuthier said:
I don't even mind him being fat

I'm just dissapointed with his conditioning

Don't the two kind of go hand in hand? At least at that level?

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
How much did he weight?

No idea, but he made Tlachuk and Hull look like Kate Moss in comparison. If I had to guess I would think he was in the vicinity of 60-80 pounds overweight.

Phanuthier*

octopi said:
Don't the two kind of go hand in hand? At least at that level?
Nope.

He can be 300 lbs for all I care, but if he makes the NHL, I want him to be conditioned to play the amount of games and practise at the level NHL goalies do.

Gump Worsley was fat, and survived. Medvedev could do. It's just that Medvedev is lazy, and that's why he probably won't see a second of NHL ice time.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Kevin Forbes said:
He's 6'1", 240ish I think now.

To compare, the heaviest NHL goaltender according to NHL.com is Jason Labarbera, he's 230 but he also has 3 inches on Medvedev.

Doesn't sound like he is grossly obese. More like could lose 25-30 lbs then 80-90 lbs. 6" 1" should go about 200-210 lbs.

Doubt weight was what kept him out of the NHL.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
Doesn't sound like he is grossly obese. More like could lose 25-30 lbs then 80-90 lbs. 6" 1" should go about 200-210 lbs.

Doubt weight was what kept him out of the NHL.

Yes, 200 pounds WOULD be a good weight IF the guy had muscle for that frame BUT 200 pounds with little muscle for a 6'1" is still FAT.

combine81

Nov 16, 2005
www.spartak-moscow.ru
Medvedev was training on farm club (Spartak Moscow) last months. He hasn't played even one game. Now he's looking for a new team. I think his career is over. Great talent. But he is tooooooo lazy. Nobody wants to wait when he grows up. He acts like a child. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->