Andrei Medvedev - holy crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardcore_fan

Apr 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
FLAMESFAN said:
Many of the young Swedes have bad acne problems as well...............
Have either of you thought it might be because they are teenagers?I mean I can go to to any highschool in North America and find just as many acne riddled kids as on any other continet.

FLAMESFAN

Feb 27, 2002
hardcore_fan said:
Have either of you thought it might be because they are teenagers?I mean I can go to to any highschool in North America and find just as many acne riddled kids as on any other continet.

Obviously it is a puberty thing. I just find it interesting that these countries routinely have players who have bad acne problems. Ofcourse there's the odd one from other countries, but you have to admit there seems to be a higher proportion from these two. Some people are just a little more observant :D

The Big P

Dec 9, 2002
Visit site
FLAMESFAN said:
Obviously it is a puberty thing. I just find it interesting that these countries routinely have players who have bad acne problems. Ofcourse there's the odd one from other countries, but you have to admit there seems to be a higher proportion from these two. Some people are just a little more observant :D
A while back, I read a National Geographic magazine which basically had a special on Russia and I seem to remember the author explaining the aftereffects of the polluted air and water, acne/bad skin being one of them. Please Correct me if i'm wrong.

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Ime not poking fun at them ..merely making an observation ..it seems a high number of the Russian juniors have bad acne ..and maybe eating cup cakes and donuts and stuff has something to do with it .That and maybe acne soap hasnt been introduced to the Russian youth .

I am sure you just got yourself in Don Cherrys good books. nothing like making fun of Russians? Are you that stupidly ignorant. The world does not revolve around North America. yes Europe even has computers if you can believe it.

Must come as quite a shock.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
Last stats I've seen, Medvedev had been putting up some great numbers sharing the #1 duties for Spartak Moscow in the Russian Upper League. Hard to tell anything about his conditioning or anything like that from North America (he could be a disaster), but the numbers seem to be there. Hopefully some Russian posters can find some up-to-the-minute stats for the big guy.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hydroponic Harold said:
Ime not poking fun at them ..merely making an observation ..it seems a high number of the Russian juniors have bad acne ..and maybe eating cup cakes and donuts and stuff has something to do with it .That and maybe acne soap hasnt been introduced to the Russian youth .
This is coming from a guy with a pot leaf in his avatar.

His record is 8-0-2 with a 1.77 GAA in case noone has already said that.
In the Super League?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
No, but according to posters in this thread, the munchies DO give you zits.

Phanuthier*

Hydroponic Harold said:
The announcer said the Russian entourage had to step in at the team meals because he ate almost everything on the desert tray .....now i know why the Russian team players are all full of acne .
Wow... you'd believe anything. Hey, did you know flu shots are actually mind manipulaters?

As for acne... its called GENES! Look it up in a dictionary if you want. Look up metabolism while you're at it too.

By the way, in the middle of your and everyone else's mocking, if you think he's too fat to get up and make a save, why don't you guys trying out for Spartak and see if you can beat him out? And when you can't, all laugh my ass off at all you armchair health dimwits that you couldn't even beat out this supposed load of goo that you're all making fun of.

psycho_dad*

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, N.B
Visit site
Douggy said:
Bottom line is that if he makes it to the NHL in the shape he's in, it would be a disgrace. This isn't baseball or football. Nobody wants to see Cecil Fielder, David Wells or 'the fridge' in net for their team.

I would, if they would stop enough pucks. Who gives a **** if the guy is fat if he gets the job done.

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Guillaume said:
He was actually at 250+ at some point (see picture attached of when he was at his worst).

reports say that he was introduced to dietetics this year and that he understood the importance of being in shape if he wants to play at the highest level (in the past, he used to say in interviews that his weight was not a problem and that he would not see why he would have to lose some until someone tells him to; he was also mentioning drinking beers and eating junk food...)

Edit: just something, he was listed about 245 (i.e. 113 kgs) at the beginning of the season by the Spartak website).
http://www.spartak.ru/sezon23/comanda/medvedev.htm

Dude looks like Jon Levitz with yellow hair, no?

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Douggy said:
Bottom line is that if he makes it to the NHL in the shape he's in, it would be a disgrace. This isn't baseball or football. Nobody wants to see Cecil Fielder, David Wells or 'the fridge' in net for their team.

I want a guy three times his size so he can cover the whole net without moving. He is on his way. No net to shoot at = no goals = best goalie of all time.
So yeah he knows what he is doing and is smart:)

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
For someone who takes so much flak (and hey, I'll admit I've made a joke or two about Medvedev), Russia's junior team sure as hell looked better with him in net than they did with anyone else over the last few years. His conditioning is poor, but he's definitely got some natural talent.

Flyman

Jul 15, 2003
flyers guy said:
It'll be pretty easy to score on him when he's lying in the crease after he has a heart attack in the middle of play.

:lol:
Seriously, 249 lbs between the pipes, that's just insane!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad