Andrei Kostitsyn potential?

habsfan89

Aug 2, 2006
A. Kost is the guy that have the best point per minute ratio on the team
and if we consider that he would have played a full year of 82 games on the top two lines getting an average of 18 minutes per game he would have 74 points which put him just behind Malkin in rookie scoring.
and if we only consider is point per minute ratio since is last call up and put this in a full year season with 18 minutes of ice time we get a 93 point per season guy.

I know that doesn't mean anything, but those who said he was a 50 point guy .... shame on you

Next Best Thing*

Let's relax on this kid a little.

What's up with HF and Kostitsyn-mania, his e-body is being torn in two halves. As hab fans we should be modest, say good game and let him play some more before we discuss about the near limitless possibilities that is his potential?

GSK*

What's up with HF and Kostitsyn-mania, his e-body is being torn in two halves. As hab fans we should be modest, say good game and let him play some more before we discuss about the near limitless possibilities that is his potential?

Yeah right. We just can't predict what will be his offensive production... I agree with you. But some people hare harsh aginst him (non habs-fan) to said he is a bust or barely a 50pts players... Which is far from being true. He will atleast be able to put 60pts+ (85+ upside) on a constant basis. He remind me a lot of Marian Hossa.

WeberBombs

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
Y'all should watch a Habs game and see from your own eyes that he's already one of the most skilled player on this team.

Good speed, great shot, quick hands, awesome passing ability, excellent hockey vision...while all Perezhogin has is speed.

I know it's late for him to blossom but I see him along with Plekanec and Higgins next year making some damage!

JaymzB

Apr 8, 2003
Toronto
I have been pleased with AK so far in his second call up. However, I can't understand anyone saying he is a guaranteed 60+ point player, after 10 good games. It's 10 games!! Just like Halak isn’t a bonnified #1 goalie after 10 games…it's just 10 games.

Listen, I’m glad he’s playing well, and I see a lot to be hopeful about in him…but don’t start insulting people because they still have questions about him. Those questions are totally legitimate.

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
Yeah right. We just can't predict what will be his offensive production... I agree with you. But some people hare harsh aginst him (non habs-fan) to said he is a bust or barely a 50pts players... Which is far from being true. He will atleast be able to put 60pts+ (85+ upside) on a constant basis. He remind me a lot of Marian Hossa.

I'm so ****ing sick of the stigma Bruins and Leaf fans try to pin on Hab fans, and attempt to use it to decry any good thoughts about our prospects. The fact alone that at least one non-Hab fan is very impressed having seen Kostitsyn should mean that maybe, just maybe, we're not all blowing smoke out our ass this time.

I've always been cautiously optamistic with Andrei, but I can't deny his talent...one thing I will deny, however, is his glass ceiling some people put on him. I can't even fathom guessing at point production because he's just so gifted offensively. It's up to him, and he's got top line potentail. Apart from that, we shall see what we shall see.

Edit: I'm still waiting for a certain Leaf fan to rear his ugly head about our Habs prospects that are doing well. You know who I'm talking about, he loves to make posts about them when they struggle offensively for a short while. Who's next on your agenda? Grabovski? Woops, can't use him...how about something bad to say about Chipchura or Fischer?

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006

I agree. He has looked fine this time around (contrary to his previous call-up). But as much as I've been impressed by his puck-carrying and playmaking skills, he still has only one goal (and it was a softie from Raycroft), and he hasn't had tons of scoring chances either...
He's real strong, he has the sweetest hands, his 1st strides seems more explosive than they used to be and has shown a nice progression (finally ! some would say...) . But let's take a deep breath before we come out with the 75 pts season projections... The jury is still out on his overall hockey sense and his willingness to compete night after night

Last edited:

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
I agree. He has looked fine this time around (contrary to his previous call-up). But as much as I've been impressed by his puck-carrying and playmaking skills, he still has only one goal (and it was a softie from Raycroft), and he hasn't had tons of scoring chances either...
He's real strong, he has the sweetest hands, his 1st strides seems more explosive than they used to be and has shown a nice progression (finally ! some would say...) . But let's take a deep breath before we come out with the 75 pts season projections... The jury is still out on his overall hockey sense and his willingness to compete night after night

Yeah I have the same concern, but remember earlier this year, when Plekanec wasn't shooting on the net. It's only a confidence issue. Plekanec scored a lot lately and it's because he's so confident out there. Kostitsyn is trying to play a safer game to really earn his spot. We all know he has a deadly shot so there's no reason he won't be able to score at least 20 goals per year.

But still, it's hard to predict his point total for his next couple of year...But I predict great things for him because the Habs will only get younger and better...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Yeah I have the same concern, but remember earlier this year, when Plekanec wasn't shooting on the net. It's only a confidence issue. Plekanec scored a lot lately and it's because he's so confident out there. Kostitsyn is trying to play a safer game to really earn his spot. We all know he has a deadly shot so there's no reason he won't be able to score at least 20 goals per year.

But still, it's hard to predict his point total for his next couple of year...But I predict great things for him because the Habs will only get younger and better...

I see Andrei Kostitsyn and Sergei Kostitsyn reunited on the same line in...

A year and a half!! (or less).

S. Kosts (Plekanec or Grabovski) A.Kosts

Heck...maybe even: a S.Kosts Koivu A.Kosts line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad