Andrei Kostitsyn potential?

BIG GIFS

Apr 29, 2004
Kostitsyn is having another good game, and he has extend his point game streak to 5.

LeafsrGods*

Same guy who just said he prefers Halak to Price in a different thread, since Halak is big enough to cover the net. Nevermind that Price is like 4 inches taller than Halak.

And the same guy who said Halak's style of play is a bit taller then that of Price's......Anyways, Andrei is a very solid player, and i dont think he would rack up 75pts easily but would rack up 50-65 pts in his career, hes a solid player, a guy who makes his linemates improve, but nevertheless, a team shouldnt really hung on to one player, they should need secondary scoring, where he dosnt necesarily lights up the lamp, but rather assists the players who light up the lamp......

LeafsrGods*

Good player, and would only improve.....but you guys gotta admit, you need better players around him...

Namso

Aug 25, 2005
man 5 game scoring streak. basically ppg since his call-up.

kosty would have given malkin a run for his calder.

Shabutie

Jul 26, 2004
Ottawa
Good player, and would only improve.....but you guys gotta admit, you need better players around him...
Plekanec is on a hot streak since 2007, and Higgins is fully capable of scoring 30-35 goals with a couple of good playmakers. I think that line will continue to do well.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Having watched almost every single Habs game, I can honestly say that Kost is the real deal. Really good chemistry with Plekanec especially.

He just looks so good and confident right now; a contrast from his last NHL stint.

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
Having watched almost every single Habs game, I can honestly say that Kost is the real deal. Really good chemistry with Plekanec especially.

He just looks so good and confident right now; a contrast from his last NHL stint.

The main reason for this is that he's finally being given top six minutes. You can't expect to draft a POTENTIAL gamebreaker and bury him on the fourth line, playing four minutes a game and have him put up points and be confident. Carbonneau is finally using him in his proper role. Top six minutes, and on the second PP unit. Helps that he's gelling nicely with Plekanec and Higgins.

Blades 0f Steel

Jun 23, 2002
The main reason for this is that he's finally being given top six minutes. You can't expect to draft a POTENTIAL gamebreaker and bury him on the fourth line, playing four minutes a game and have him put up points and be confident. Carbonneau is finally using him in his proper role. Top six minutes, and on the second PP unit. Helps that he's gelling nicely with Plekanec and Higgins.

I don't think it's that so much as the obvious: he's matured. He struggled at the beginning of his AHL season, as did the Bulldogs, but he soon became a PPG player, got his callup and was sent back down to fine-tune his game and wait for the next opportunity.

He's just been able to put it all together in both leagues this season, and I think he owes an awful lot to coach Lever and his Belarussian teammate Grabovski for helping his confidence.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13

that's not true, when he was called up the 1st time he played with Kovalev and Samsonov on the 2nd line,, what he's finally doing is working hard every single shift and has more confidence in his own talent

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
that's not true, when he was called up the 1st time he played with Kovalev and Samsonov on the 2nd line,, what he's finally doing is working hard every single shift and has more confidence in his own talent

Was he there on a consistent basis? But you're right, he is working a lot harder and his confidence has increased because of that. And I also agree with the fact that he's matured and is finally putting it together in the NHL.

toshiro

Jun 14, 2005
Western Canuckland
Says the leafs fan, yes please tell me more about my team. For the record it's been a total team effort for the most part, not Halak or any other one player can take sole credit for winning 6 of the last 7 games. Kostitsyn has easily been one of our best forwards, he's set up many plays with some impressive passes. Right now he's not shooting much but he's creating offense every game while finally playing solid in his own end. Halak has been good lately especially at home, Plekanec has been good, Higgins, Komisarek, Lats (leads the team in goals in March) Lapierre, Ryder, Kostitsyn all have been good of late.
I would definetely agree. Ive never seen a player come up heralded as having an awesome shot make such great passing plays on the fly.

mister lerock

Jul 30, 2005
he has that extra 6th sense for where is teamates are when he is attacing he seems so natural when his confidence grows who knows how good he could be .

i dont know but ive been following him since heez been drafted and i liked the pick since we got him but with all the progress of all the other first rounders you know habs fans can get anssey we all can get carried away with are expectations buts lets just give him some time to show his stuff

iam telling you guys patience pays off

me personnally iam sick of seeing the leclairs , conroys,and any other player we gave up on to soon. (i know we cant keep all drafted players but please lets not trade them away for 3rd or 5th rounder)

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Potential of 20-25 goals (maybe more if paired with an elite center) but in the habs system I doubt he will socre more than 20 with about 30 assists.

He'll have no problem in exceeding 30 assists by a healthy margin. Shall we say he starts with 40 next season and goes up from there?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
one of the weakest picks in the 2003 1st round. potential to score 50-60 points, but also potential to be a nobody (hopefully the latter :) )

I'd say he was a better pick than a couple of players chosen before him, such as Suter and Coburn, and they're not bad either.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
oh come on now. he's a habs prospect and we all know that all habs peospect arn't worth writing about. i mean hf board knows it all.

You're being too sensitive over a Bruins fan's putdown. Besides, the guy was hedging his bet by conceding that Kostitsyn could be a 50-60 point player. That's not exactly bad, but we know he can exceed that.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
actually, neely's issue was his hip.

back to kostitsyn, who has superhuman strength and should be a star in the NHL for a long time. tell me habs fans, aside from jessiman, who is a worse pick than "kosty" in the 1st round?
Bernier? Suter? Coburn? And they're not bad. There are others who are probably not going to make it at all in the long run.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
i like sammy. always have been a fan of his - just feel bad for him that he's stuck in montreal. looking forward to him receiving his freedom this summer.
On the basis of what he's shown, he's stealing money. He's been a timid peripheral player.

Pete Rock

Oct 22, 2005
Mrs. Sauga
As someone who is a Leafs fan, I'm amazed that I would actually say he's got the potential of being more than a point-a-game player. He's looked incredibly dangerous at times and he sometimes reads the offensive zone as if it were a Dr. Seuss book.

Of course, he'll probably have the most trouble out of that draft class of reaching their potential other than Anthony Stewart.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
when were those guys picked? just about every one of them after kosty. my main point here, is that considering the habs had such a high pick, their return on investment at this stage of the game is very bad.
Suter and Coburn were picked higher. What have they done?

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
he'll be out of montreal before next season - i think that's just about a given, don't you?
Kostitsyn makes Samsonov look shabby and the Habs have to make room for some other prospects who can score more than 9 goals while drawing a far lower salary.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
wow :biglaugh: , now your way too overating this kid too much, i believe a person on this thread has said 50 points? I think 50-60 points is what Andrei has the potential to do.......
That's not bad but he can do better. Are there any young Leafs who could exceed that?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->