Andrei Kastsitsyn's points this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kasparov*

I just realized why you were both defending Zherdev, you're Blue Jacket fans, hehe =p.

That's understandable that you would, and when i say i like Kastsitsyn better it takes nothing away from Zherdev alot as i consider him a great prospect but would choose Kastsitsyn before him.

Zherdev and Nash duo will be nice to see in the future ;)

J F M

Jun 22, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
People, people!!! I think that many will be disappointed here because I don't think that Belarus qualified for the tourny with the big boys in Finland. Finishing in the bottom 2 last X mas.... don't they get relegated to the lower group? :dunno: Kasty might not be in Finland this year guys.

Kasparov*

J F M said:
People, people!!! I think that many will be disappointed here because I don't think that Belarus qualified for the tourny with the big boys in Finland. Finishing in the bottom 2 last X mas.... don't they get relegated to the lower group? :dunno: Kasty might not be in Finland this year guys.

And if he's not.. we'll just have to wait a few years then to see him in the NHL, or atleast til next year's WJC. Stay positive. :)

Slick Nick

Oct 29, 2003
Montréal
Visit site
2004 IIHF World U20 Championship Div I, Group B
Briancon
FRANCE
13.12. - 19.12.2003

Teams

Belarus
Japan
Norway
France
Italy
Estonia

Kosticyn should take the russian nationality and play on a winning team for once.

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
If he plays for Russia then it would be something like:

Kastitsyn-Perezhogin-Ovechkin

A futur line for the Habs? Lol

Btw Perezhogin can play all 3 spots .

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
habsfansam said:
What exactly would be good? Obviously lighting up the RSL would be wonderful, but that isn't something that we can realistically expect from a 4th-line guy on a loaded team, is it? Just curious as to what you mean by "not good either"?

It is a good thing to see him score consistently for CSKA-2. Thanks for the updated scoring. Have you had a chance to see him at all? I'll be stuck in the States for Christmas, so once again i won't be able to watch the WJC (and hence i'll miss Kostsitsyn), does anyone know how i might catch the games?

I meant it isn't good enough to be bringing it up in a thread. A guy that was a top 10 pick, and has been sent down twice already, I'd say isn't something I would call good. Yes he's scoring for CSKA-2, and that's great, but I wouldn't go bragging about him just yet.

I have 2 games of Kastsitsyn on tape from CSKA this year, and I can get more if he gets called back up. A girl I know in Moscow tapes the games for me.

If you are in the States, they show the WJC's or did last year from the YES network which is in NY and througout the country via directv. Kastsitsyn won't be there though, as his country is in Group B. He if does play, I would think he racks up the points. It was sick what he did at the U-18's last year, I wish I could get some of those games on tape.

Munchausen

montreal said:
I have 2 games of Kastsitsyn on tape from CSKA this year, and I can get more if he gets called back up. A girl I know in Moscow tapes the games for me.

1- Lucky you. ;)

2- How would you describe his play with CSKA so far? Looking out of place? Not enough ice time to do anything? Good/bad linemates? Looks mature? Looks like a fluke? Go-to attitude? Shy? In short, how does he look on the ice outside of his lack of production. Thanks.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Munchausen said:
1- Lucky you. ;)

2- How would you describe his play with CSKA so far? Looking out of place? Not enough ice time to do anything? Good/bad linemates? Looks mature? Looks like a fluke? Go-to attitude? Shy? In short, how does he look on the ice outside of his lack of production. Thanks.

I can't say yet. 1 game is still in Moscow, waiting for him to play another game. And the other game has to be transfered from pal to the North American system. I get the games from Russia, but it takes a very long time for the mail to get here, then I have to send any Euro league games out to be transfered as I don't have a world wide vcr. I have gotten 2 Korneev games, and 1 Ovechkin so far. With one Buturlin and Koreev game (Karajala Cup game) and one Kastsitsyn.

But I have one game with another on they way, and hopefully one more. I will do a full article on him once I've seen all the games I have of him transfered over.

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
montreal said:
I meant it isn't good enough to be bringing it up in a thread. A guy that was a top 10 pick, and has been sent down twice already, I'd say isn't something I would call good. Yes he's scoring for CSKA-2, and that's great, but I wouldn't go bragging about him just yet.

If you are in the States, they show the WJC's or did last year from the YES network which is in NY and througout the country via directv. Kastsitsyn won't be there though, as his country is in Group B. He if does play, I would think he racks up the points. It was sick what he did at the U-18's last year, I wish I could get some of those games on tape.

That's cool... i'm not a crazy prospect zealot like some folks, but i was excited that the Habs took him because i also took him in a league i'm in.

I'm not all that worried about him being sent up and down because his production seems stable for CSKA-2. That's a bonus because i translate that into him having a good attitude, and understanding that he has to earn his keep; an important lesson that i find prospects who skip straight to the NHL from junior (thereby bypassing the AHL) tend to miss.
Anyone else notice the correlation between guys who play in the NHL without serious AHL time, and contract hold-outs??

sundaystar

Feb 13, 2003
Canada
Visit site
WJC in Cape Breton

does anyone know if Belrus played in russias division at the WJC last year? Cuz Russia played in Cape Breton last year and i know a person who tapes games for the arena. I am not sure if he taped any WJC games but i will ask him this week.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
sundaystar said:
does anyone know if Belrus played in russias division at the WJC last year? Cuz Russia played in Cape Breton last year and i know a person who tapes games for the arena. I am not sure if he taped any WJC games but i will ask him this week.

Yes they did as far as I remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad