www.youtube.com
Mike The Wall said:
CSKA
7 gp 0 goals 1 assist 1 point 2 pim

playing only on the fourth line with CSKA

CSKA-2
8 gp 8 goals 5 assists 13 points 4 pim

not bad for guy who should be sick hey?

Not good either. I am a big fan of his, but I'd hold off on any praises for him.

Plus your numbers are old.

CSKA-2, 11 9-8-17

Traitor8

Nov 3, 2003
Visit site
Andrei Kastitsyn will be counted on heavily in Montreal to score goals for them sinc ethey haven't had a star to score in a while(Koivu passes)

I also hope to keep losing this year so we can get a top 5 pick, then we can trade like:

Hossa,Zednik, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick
for
Ovechkin

CJHF13

Komisarek8 said:
Andrei Kastitsyn will be counted on heavily in Montreal to score goals for them sinc ethey haven't had a star to score in a while(Koivu passes)

I also hope to keep losing this year so we can get a top 5 pick, then we can trade like:

Hossa,Zednik, 1st round pick, 3rd round pick
for
Ovechkin

Haha chances are that we'll(Pittsburgh) get the first overall and quite frankly, I don't see us trading it. It's the only bonus that goes with being the absolute worst team in the NHL. Guess we kinda got lucky and sucked at the right time.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
CJHF13 said:
Haha chances are that we'll(Pittsburgh) get the first overall and quite frankly, I don't see us trading it. It's the only bonus that goes with being the absolute worst team in the NHL. Guess we kinda got lucky and sucked at the right time.

Too bad they do a thing called the lotto. The bottom five teams all have a shot at 1st overall. :teach:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Mike The Wall said:
CSKA
7 gp 0 goals 1 assist 1 point 2 pim

playing only on the fourth line with CSKA

CSKA-2
8 gp 8 goals 5 assists 13 points 4 pim

not bad for guy who should be sick hey?
I'm not all that impressed. :dunno:

Kasparov*

Well... he's doing better then the highly touted Zherdev is at this point in time. ;)

habsfansam

Jul 22, 2003
Somewhere dark...?
montreal said:
Not good either. I am a big fan of his, but I'd hold off on any praises for him.

What exactly would be good? Obviously lighting up the RSL would be wonderful, but that isn't something that we can realistically expect from a 4th-line guy on a loaded team, is it? Just curious as to what you mean by "not good either"?

It is a good thing to see him score consistently for CSKA-2. Thanks for the updated scoring. Have you had a chance to see him at all? I'll be stuck in the States for Christmas, so once again i won't be able to watch the WJC (and hence i'll miss Kostsitsyn), does anyone know how i might catch the games?

Kasparov*

habsfansam said:
What exactly would be good? Obviously lighting up the RSL would be wonderful, but that isn't something that we can realistically expect from a 4th-line guy on a loaded team, is it? Just curious as to what you mean by "not good either"?

Well said, good point.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Kasparov said:
Well... he's doing better then the highly touted Zherdev is at this point in time. ;)

Based on what?

Granted Zherdev hasnt been playing great this year, but he has at least been playing in the RSL... as opposed to the 1st league, two leagues lower... Where Kostystin has been playing.

Kasparov*

Ejh18 said:
Based on what?

Granted Zherdev hasnt been playing great this year, but he has at least been playing in the RSL... as opposed to the 1st league, two leagues lower... Where Kostystin has been playing

Well, if you're going by that, Kastsitsyn was also called up and Zherdev sent down, not sure if Zherdev was called back up or if Kastsitsyn was sent down again, but i would like to see if Zherdev can match or top Kastsitsyn's points thus far in CSKA-2.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Kasparov said:
Well, if you're going by that, Kastsitsyn was also called up and Zherdev sent down, not sure if Zherdev was called back up or if Kastsitsyn was sent down again, but i would like to see if Zherdev can match or top Kastsitsyn's points thus far in CSKA-2.

Zherdev played 1 game for CSKA-2 because he had food poisioning and couldnt make it to the CSKA game.

He only spent one game there.

1g 1a and 10pm

That's how you come up with that Kostystin is doing better than Zherdev. Because Kostystin got a call-up and Zherdev played a game for CSKA-2? Thats not very good reasoning. Please explain why Kostystin is doing better than Zherdev...

Liquidrage*

Kasparov said:
Well said, good point.

Well, call me crazy but the Russian Top league isn't as good as the NHL and considering many were talking about him being a legit Top 3 pick had he not had medical conditions I think the 1 point in 7 games is a bit low. True, the Russian league is low scoring form what I can tell, but THAT low?

Now, he's on the 4th line and maybe the hinders his minutes and linemates. But then isn't the fact that he is only playing on the 4th line a bad sign as well? Again, this is for a guy that many said was even possible the best player in last years draft had health not been an issue. Of course it's really early so maybe it doens't mean jack. But I wouldn't call those good numbers either.

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Ejh18 said:
Zherdev played 1 game for CSKA-2 because he had food poisioning and couldnt make it to the CSKA game.

1g 1a and 10pm

That's how you come up with that Kostystin is doing better than Zherdev. Because Kostystin got a call-up and Zherdev played a game for CSKA-2? Thats not very good reasoning. Please explain why Kostystin is doing better than Zherdev...

If you want to compare apples to apples then compare their RSL stats.

Nikolai Zherdev GP:19 G:2 A:2 Pts:4 PIM:14

Andrei Kostitsyn GP:7 G:0 A:1 Pts:1 PIM:2

They are pretty comparable in my opinion.(I would still take Zherdev though.)

Captain Ron

Jun 9, 2003
Gardnerville, NV
Visit site
Liquidrage said:
Well, call me crazy but the Russian Top league isn't as good as the NHL and considering many were talking about him being a legit Top 3 pick had he not had medical conditions I think the 1 point in 7 games is a bit low. True, the Russian league is low scoring form what I can tell, but THAT low?

Now, he's on the 4th line and maybe the hinders his minutes and linemates. But then isn't the fact that he is only playing on the 4th line a bad sign as well? Again, this is for a guy that many said was even possible the best player in last years draft had health not been an issue. Of course it's really early so maybe it doens't mean jack. But I wouldn't call those good numbers either.

It is hard for an 18 year old to get consistent ice-time on an RSL team.The 4th line is where many end up because the veterans usually take up the top 3 lines (unless the team has alot of injuries).Unfortunately for Kostitsyn CSKA Moscow has alot of talented veterans in its lineup.

His best bet is to play great hockey for CSKA-2 or wait till a veteran on CSKA's roster gets injured and he can get sufficient ice-time to prove himself.4th line duty is not very productive for any player.

Kasparov*

Ejh18 said:

1g 1a and 10pm

Im not saying Kastsitsyn is better because he got a callup and Zherdev played for CSKA-2 :joker: I suggest you stop assuming **** k? ;)

All i got to say is wait for December, WJC, you'll see why i think Kastsitsyn is better.

Ejh18

Mar 3, 2003
Columbus
Visit site
Kasparov said:
Im not saying Kastsitsyn is better because he got a callup and Zherdev played for CSKA-2 :joker: I suggest you stop assuming **** k? ;)

All i got to say is wait for December, WJC, you'll see why i think Kastsitsyn is better.

Well, I asked you why you thought Kostystin was better and you brought up the fact that he got called up, and Zherdev was sent down...

You still have not answered the question.

You are the one who made the statement that Kostystin was "doing better" even though he isnt even playing in the same league... now back up your statements with something worthwhile. or at least give a reason you think that.

Kasparov*

Ejh18 said:
Well, I asked you why you thought Kostystin was better and you brought up the fact that he got called up, and Zherdev was sent down...

You still have not answered the question.

You are the one who made the statement that Kostystin was "doing better" even though he isnt even playing in the same league... now back up your statements with something worthwhile. or at least give a reason you think that.

I only mentioned that because you also mentioned the same situation vice versa, hence why i brought that up.

Now, why i think Kastsitsyn is DOING better right now? I haven't been able to watch any games of his or Zherdev so i rather not answer this question.

However i do like Kastsitsyn over Zherdev if i was to draft one of them. Reason simply being he impressed me awhole lot last year at the WJC, and reminds me alot of Sergei Samsonov, except he's 4 inches taller.

Zherdev was very dissapointing at the WJC and would not go in traffic, i was very let down by his play.

-Kasparov

Jovavic

Gaslight Object Project
Oct 13, 2002
New Born Citizen Erased
Ejh18 said:
Well, now that you have a real reason.

O.K. :D

Remember though it was just one tournament.

Yes, a tourney that many posters on this board put way too much stock into. He plays subpar for five games, oh my god this kid won't amount to anything :cry:

Kasparov*

Sir Ozzie X said:
Yes, a tourney that many posters on this board put way too much stock into. He plays subpar for five games, oh my god this kid won't amount to anything :cry:

Exactly, it's just one of the biggest junior tourney's there is.. :p

I never said he wouldn't amount to anything, i did say i perfer Kastsitsyn over Zherdev based on that tourney, do you understand now? Thanks.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad