Andreas Johnsson : What do you think ? any thoughts ?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Awesome as expected.

Our left side is still in pretty good shape even without JVR. Next season I expect it to be;

Hyman
Marleau
Johnsson
Grundstrom

People maybe surprised to see Grundstrom there next year, but kid is legit. He’ll be on the team, if not in September, than in Januaryish

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
His play last night just confirmed what a lot of hockey writers have been saying for months now - he’s NHL ready and has enough skill to play beyond the 4th line.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
I really liked Simpson calling him Johansen for most of the 1st period

kids got great speed and hands, there's a lot to like, he seems pretty complete, defensively aware, can get physical and can really see the game

unitedstars87

Jun 2, 2006
The youth movement is crazy considering where we were before nylander got drafted

Matthews
Nylander
Marner
Kadri
Johnsson
Grundstrom
Kapanen
Brown
Hyman
Bracco
Reilly
Dermott
Timmy
Korshorov
Gardiner??

All those players also play with speed.. just think we are missing a top 9 forward who can skate but always plays with grit and a bit mean.. Simmomds /Kesler type.. the youth movement is exciting

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Awesome as expected.

Our left side is still in pretty good shape even without JVR. Next season I expect it to be;

Hyman
Marleau
Johnsson
Grundstrom

People maybe surprised to see Grundstrom there next year, but kid is legit. He’ll be on the team, if not in September, than in Januaryish
Grundstrom really impressed me in the pre-season, especially live

2legit2quit

Oct 27, 2017
The youth movement is crazy considering where we were before nylander got drafted

All those players also play with speed.. just think we are missing a top 9 forward who can skate but always plays with grit and a bit mean.. Simmomds /Kesler type.. the youth movement is exciting

Isn't Kadri =/> than Simmonds/Kesler?

Reactions: AppsSyl

IWD

May 28, 2003
Visit site
This really is amazing. If he can become a 20/20 guy, and with his two-way play, then the loss of JVR will be cushioned. The depth of this organization continues to amaze me.

Reactions: leafsfan2point0

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Leafs will try and sign someone better to improve the club and they might succeed. Having him as an option though give them flexibility and not be forced take on any bad contracts in the off season.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Leafs have kinda gone with three "scoring" lines, so there is lots of possibilities of Johnsson to making the top three lines. Hyman (still?) Marleau, Johnsson, Leivo, Martin at LW. And Johnsson played a lot RW in so if Nylander goes to centre, he could got to RW also along with Marner and Kapanen. I think that would be the plan.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Leafs have kinda gone with three "scoring" lines, so there is lots of possibilities of Johnsson to making the top three lines. Hyman (still?) Marleau, Johnsson, Leivo, Martin at LW. And Johnsson played a lot RW in so if Nylander goes to centre, he could got to RW also along with Marner and Kapanen. I think that would be the plan.

Its looking like next year the Leafs will be going with 4 scoring lines (one being a shutdown+scoring line one being a 4th line that is there to push the play into the offensive end). Plenty of opportunity for Johnsson to make an impact somewhere.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Impressive stint with the Leafs and im sure reassuring that he'll be ready to be full time next season.

MagicalRazor

Oct 25, 2016
I had him as a 3'd best prospect At the beginning of the year everyone laughed at me ;(

now people saying hes going to score 50 points

Reactions: Klinton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad