Recalled/Assigned: Andreas Borgman loaned to the Marlies

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
That was needed. I like the potential but he struggled in a lot of games with his decision making and passing abilities.

I hope he can improve there.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
That was needed. I like the potential but he struggled in a lot of games with his decision making and passing abilities.

I hope he can improve there.

Agreed, even in sheltered usage, he was really struggling to exit the zone quickly and effectively....and consistently made a bad read or two every night. He needs some time to improve his instincts, Dermott looks far more ready at this point.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
No issues demoting Borgman, he's our 8th D. Knowing Polak is going back in is always concerning. Tough to see value in a defensive d-man who can't defend.

Feel worse for Carrick than Borgman.

Reactions: The Legend

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
everyday I log on you find something to complain about. every team has a Polak, the coach likes him, oh well. We aren't worse with Polak, we aren't significantly better. Polak does play well on the PK as long as he doesn't take a penalty. Get over it, Polak is going to play and this team will continue to keep on trucking.

Screw up the personnel, its the "plan"
Suck for two months straight, its the "plan"
Play Komorov with Kadri, its the "plan"
Resigning Polak, its a golden handshake for being a good dude, he won't play, its part of the "plan"
The fans are wrong for wanting line-up changes, Babcock knows best it's the "plan"
Wow the line-up changes everyone wanted works, Babcock's a genius look at the "plan" come together

And since Polak is one of the worst defenseman in the entire league and we have better players on the roster, no Babcock shouldn't get a pass for playing him after one loss after 4-5 of the best games we've played all season

It would save you some time if you just said Babcock is right about everything

Once

Jul 16, 2010
This is the appropriate move imho. Wouldn't pair two rookies with Borgman or Dermott on their offside. Makes complete sense.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
We will be waiting for your uncontrollable Polak ranting shortly ... 3, 2, ...

Resigning Polak, its a golden handshake for being a good dude, he won't play, its part of the "plan"
The fans are wrong for wanting line-up changes, Babcock knows best it's the "plan"
Wow the line-up changes everyone wanted works, Babcock's a genius look at the "plan" come together

And since Polak is one of the worst defenseman in the entire league and we have better players on the roster, no Babcock shouldn't get a pass for playing him after one loss after 4-5 of the best games we've played all season

and its begun lol

Reactions: francis246

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
He's been a great surprise, has shown top 4 potential

love his physicality, this is great for his development.

Let the kid play big minutes for the Marlies, and put him in a shutdown, penalty killing role, kids only 21, his future is bright

i'd like to see a 3rd pairing of Borgman - Dermott at some point this season

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
never understood why Babs feels the need to make up crap to justify inserting his favs

the ducks PP is 22nd , he should just say Polak's a gud pro and he's the coach so everyone else should just fuuuck off

Yeah, I’d much rather hear him say “im the coach I do what I want” than make up Bs like “you have to fight for your job and earn it”

Reactions: The Legend

member 262271

I don't follow other teams obviously, but do they loan players to their farm teams as much as the leafs do?

kyle n00bas

Dec 10, 2017
Borgman's played well enough on the bottom pairing, but we've got a bit of a logjam on defense right now so I guess the stupidly good Marlies will have to get even better.

Feb 24, 2004

This post is excellent.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012

As opposed to wrong about everything?

Rookie scoring records the year Matthews wins the Calder, it's the fans.
Play the epitome of a team first player in Connor Brown on any line with success, it's the fans.
Keep Kadri from the Burke era, it's the fans.
Trade 31st overall pick and Jonathan Bernier for Freddie Andersen, it's the fans.
The coaching staff is wrong for wanting to groom Dermott in the AHL, it's the fans.
The line-up changes fans have demanded at any given time depending on win/loss record on any given night, including but not limited to, trading Freddie Andersen, Mitch Marner and William Nylander - Babcock et all are morons for keeping them...

Is that the way that's done?

It is delusional to believe that every instrumental move that's positively affected this club is somehow due to the effortless incantation of fans and has nothing to do with the HOF management and coach behind the team.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
As opposed to wrong about everything?

Rookie scoring records the year Matthews wins the Calder, it's the fans.
Play the epitome of a team first player in Connor Brown on any line with success, it's the fans.
Keep Kadri from the Burke era, it's the fans.
Trade 31st overall pick and Jonathan Bernier for Freddie Andersen, it's the fans.
The coaching staff is wrong for wanting to groom Dermott in the AHL, it's the fans.
The line-up changes fans have demanded at any given time depending on win/loss record on any given night, including but not limited to, trading Freddie Andersen, Mitch Marner and William Nylander - Babcock et all are morons for keeping them...

Is that the way that's done?

It is delusional to believe that every instrumental move that's positively affected this club is somehow due to the effortless incantation of fans and has nothing to do with the HOF management and coach behind the team.

I have zero problem listing off the good stuff as well but this incessant rubbish where all the bad stuff is explained away like it was some master plan is straight bull

He's a coach, he does good stuff and bad and this pom pom waiving he's always right don't ever question him is getting ridiculous and is intellectually dishonest

Last edited:

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I'd like to see some enhanced ice time for Borgman during this stint. I'd like to see whether he has more than 3rd pairing potential. I'm not sure he does. Regardless of Polak who is gone after this season in all likelihood, something has to give on the team's defense depth chart. Can one of Borgman and Dermott play the right side permanently? Is Gardiner going to be re-signed? Options on defense isn't a bad thing, it just makes us fans anxious once we've imprinted on the young defensemen and want them all to stay on the team.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Numbers game. More capable LHD then we currently have spots in the lineup. Good on Dermott for making the cut.

its not so much borgman down as opposed to making a move to get Polak back in. Against "big heavy" Anaheim he wasn't very physical and took at least one trademark polak penalty. Polak is DONE but babcock loves him. Dermott-Carrick is a very mobile skilled 3rd pairing

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
its not so much borgman down as opposed to making a move to get Polak back in. Against "big heavy" Anaheim he wasn't very physical and took at least one trademark polak penalty. Polak is DONE but babcock loves him. Dermott-Carrick is a very mobile skilled 3rd pairing

I don't disagree regarding Carrick over Polak. It's just that those are the direct competitions that essentially affect each other - Dermott/Borgman on the left side, Polak/Carrick on the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad