Recalled/Assigned: Andreas Borgman loaned to the Marlies

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
never understood why Babs feels the need to make up crap to justify inserting his favs

It's Toronto, people ask him what he has for breakfast every day. Of course they're always going to ask him about his line up choices.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Remember when they spoke of managing the club better. You know, doing things like ending the entitlement class and stuff like that. Developing and giving the system a chance to work and kids we draft opportunities and all that?

Yeah those were good times a couple years ago.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It's Toronto, people ask him what he has for breakfast every day. Of course they're always going to ask him about his line up choices.
of course he's going to be asked but like i said why make up bs , the Ducks pp is crap and the Leafs have been fine without Polak in the lineup so i don't know who he thinks believes his rational on why he's inserting Polak into the line up

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
never understood why Babs feels the need to make up crap to justify inserting his favs

the ducks PP is 22nd , he should just say Polak's a gud pro and he's the coach so everyone else should just fuuuck off
It's possible the Ducks PP has been good in the last week or so, I am sure Babs is looking at the last few games and making a game plan off those videos.

have to stay current and up to date ...

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Numbers game. More capable LHD then we currently have spots in the lineup. Good on Dermott for making the cut.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
It's possible the Ducks PP has been good in the last week or so, I am sure Babs is looking at the last few games and making a game plan off those videos.

has it or hasn't it been gud the last few games ?

and how has our pk been without Polak in the lineup ?

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
To be honest, I would much rather have Borgman getting the minutes with the Marlies than sitting in the pressbox. With everyone healthy the final spot on the LH side was between he and Dermott, not he and Polak or Carrick. Dermott deserved the spot. The only thing Polak's return did was force them to send him down immediately.

Polak being played ahead of Carrick on the RH side is a whole other debate. I would personally rather have Carrick in the line up, but it is what it is, and ultimately whether it is Polak or Carrick, the reality is that they are our 6th D and going to get limited minutes now that we are healthy. Hopefully by the end of the season, Polak is the press-box guy, and either Carrick, Holl or a new D acquired are in that slot.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007

"We think Polak is an important and good player for us"

htt1.w710.h473.gif

"important and good player "

htt5.w710.h473.gif

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Remember when they spoke of managing the club better. You know, doing things like ending the entitlement class and stuff like that. Developing and giving the system a chance to work and kids we draft opportunities and all that?

You trash them for playing a younger Kappy over Levio and now you trash them for playing an older Polak over a younger guy ....

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don't know if I'm that upset by this. We have Dermott and Holl coming up and making a good short term contribution and Borgman's game has been slipping lately. Polak isn't very good and shouldn't be in every night but fills a role.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Borgy's down to just over 20 games of waiver free status so yes it makes sense to send him down until the playoffs , we know he's the real deal and he will ready when we need him . Dermott may have that Reilly offense but he also has that garbage Reilly defence where he keeps getting trapped up ice and giving up those High Danger Chances Against , he needs the games with the big club to figure it out thats how young players are developed . I would like to see Holl back with the big club he looked real solid on D in his short stint .

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

I don't like Polak but his inclusion on the lineup isn't exactly "entitlement." He works hard and takes a beating out there. Not surprising he's in and out goes the struggling rookie.

Reactions: francis246

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
I don't need to, Babcock has made his decision, its stupidity but that's his right just like how he ****** up the personnel for two months

everyday I log on you find something to complain about. every team has a Polak, the coach likes him, oh well. We aren't worse with Polak, we aren't significantly better. Polak does play well on the PK as long as he doesn't take a penalty. Get over it, Polak is going to play and this team will continue to keep on trucking.

Reactions: Kelly

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
everyday I log on you find something to complain about. every team has a Polak, the coach likes him, oh well. We aren't worse with Polak, we aren't significantly better. Polak does play well on the PK as long as he doesn't take a penalty. Get over it, Polak is going to play and this team will continue to keep on trucking.
We are worse. Not so much worse that it will likely make a difference between winning and losing this game, but enough that's it's annoying that he's gifted a permanent spot

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
We are worse. Not so much worse that it will likely make a difference between winning and losing this game, but enough that's it's annoying that he's gifted a permanent spot

no we are not, that stat that was posted was mis leading.

also Polak playing isn't even really about Borgman.. you should be happy that Borgman is going down and not Dermott. This has to do with RHD playing. It's Polak in for Carrick. Borgman goes down because he's exempt from waivers.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
no we are not, that stat that was posted was mis leading.

also Polak playing isn't even really about Borgman.. you should be happy that Borgman is going down and not Dermott. This has to do with RHD playing. It's Polak in for Carrick. Borgman goes down because he's exempt from waivers.
What stat?

and yeah Borgman being sent down is fine by me, I expect to see him back up soon. Polak over Carrick is questionable though

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
no. Good asset management would have been not giving roman polak a contract in the first place.

Polak playing instead of any one else is piss poor asset management. He shouldn't be in the NHL, let alone with the Leafs.

Yeah I get it, Polak = BAD. God forbid a coach plays a favorite of his in the 6th D spot.

Still, signing him isn't poor asset management. Signing him and letting someone go through waivers because of the signing would be, but that hasn't happened.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

has it been good? they have 2 powerplay goals in the last week.
They have the 21st ranked powerplay over the last month

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->