Andre Tourigny

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
His presence has made a huge impact on the Sens this season. I'm positive he is the reason Hoffman is with Turris and Stone, as he saw more of Hoffman throughout his Q career than most coaches in the league. Our PP has the right personnel out there (no Ryan on PP2) and we seem to be creating more pressure down low compared to past years.

This signing has begun to bear its fruit already, and will continue throughout the year.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
This year's power play makes last year's power play look like a toothless, flaccid Crack Hobo.

If that's on Touringy, he deserves all the credit in the world.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is he our defensive coach? If so, we need him to get the boys to tighten up 5 on 5, but that's been a long term issue, so he still has lots of rope in that regard.

Not to be too negitive, but it's also worth pointing out the PP started off hot last year too.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Is he our defensive coach? If so, we need him to get the boys to tighten up 5 on 5, but that's been a long term issue, so he still has lots of rope in that regard.

Not to be too negitive, but it's also worth pointing out the PP started off hot last year too.

He helped the Colorado D, but he is in charge of the forwards with the Sens I'm pretty sure.

Babych Moustache

Don'tBashThe'Stache
Jul 4, 2008
Ottawa
He's a huge addition to the coaching staff, if only for his work so far with the PP... he's also got a lot of experience in various coaching roles at different levels. Great diversity of experiences.

Also wish that Ottawa announcers (at least) would learn to say his last name properly... I've had a lifetime of people bastardizing the name, except when I played across the river in Gatineau ;)

In English: Tourigny = "Toor-eee-nee" ... not Toor-ig-nee, not Toorney, not Toor-nay-ay... not Toornyay... the 'g' is silent...

En français, "Toor-eee-gnee" - that 'gneh' sound...

All right... rant over. Been storing that one for a lifetime, and finally have the forum to let it out!

Keep it going on the PP 'Cousin' André! :yo:

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
His presence has made a huge impact on the Sens this season. I'm positive he is the reason Hoffman is with Turris and Stone, as he saw more of Hoffman throughout his Q career than most coaches in the league. Our PP has the right personnel out there (no Ryan on PP2) and we seem to be creating more pressure down low compared to past years.

This signing has begun to bear its fruit already, and will continue throughout the year.

On what are you basing these statements? Do you have some supporting periodicals or references that cite how you are drawing inferences to his presence?

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
He apparently busted his balls hollering to the ref about the play being offside on what would've been Kane's tying goal in the Buffalo game. So hey, kudos to him?

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
He apparently busted his balls hollering to the ref about the play being offside on what would've been Kane's tying goal in the Buffalo game. So hey, kudos to him?

Yeah lets not get ahead of ourselves though. Great call, good eyes.

I'm not willing to say he's the reason for everything so far though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad