Andre Dawson want hall of fame hat changed to Cubs

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

This is not a new request. He was unhappy at the time. Raines went in as an expos and was happy to--they may change Dawson hat now

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
IMO it should be players to decide

What are the criteria again? Because if Dawson is Expo just because he played most in Montreal its BS because Fisk played longer/more games in Chicago but is in as a Red Sox among others

Reactions: Voight

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

What are the criteria again? Because if Dawson is Expo just because he played most in Montreal its BS because Fisk played longer/more games in Chicago but is in as a Red Sox among others
The criteria are whatever the Hall of Fame says. There are no rules, they just generally try to go with whatever makes the most sense subjectively.

They took the choice away from the players because of Wade Boggs. I'd be ok without cap logos, personally.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

I get they were freaked out about what Boggs did but that was one freaking player out of hundreds. Its not like this was a rampant issue.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Ehhh... Dawson pretty overwhelmingly played for the Expos. I get why he's making the request. The Expos don't exist and the Cubs are a storied franchise so having that on your HHOF plaque is going to be more beneficial from a financial perspective.

Fisk had a much closer split between Boston and CHW so I wouldn't say it's quite apples to apples but it is a valid-ish comparison.

Dawson won MVP in his first year with CHI but he also won ROY in MTL and finished 2,2,7 in MVP voting so he has a very strong legacy there.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Dawson should indeed represent the Expos - more than half his career and about 3/4 of his value was earned in Montreal.

He was certainly better than "mediocre," too.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
Dawson has always wanted to go in the Hall as Cub and expressed it in his induction speech

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad