Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

McRanger

Sponsor
Jul 20, 2005
People still talk about 1st line players like its 1993 and they score near a PPG.

50-60 points puts you in the lower range of top 90 forward production. Only 68 forwards broke 60 points this year.

Its a little early to rule out the possibility of Lias reaching that level of production.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Unless I missed a post, no one posted anything at you or responding to you about Andersson all week and yet you felt the need to jump in and talk about how you don't like the Andersson pick. What gives dude? We know, you don't have to keep bringing it up when it doesn't fit the conversation, are you afraid we'll forget you don't like the pick or something?

Seriously your post is completely out of nowhere and just says the same exact thing you've been saying over and over again for almost a year

You missed a post

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Yeah and as long as you react the way you do, people are always gonna call him your buddy. Turn the other cheek and people will let it go.

It’s not bothering me at all so if people don’t want to let it go I’ll keep talking about it. This is a New York Ranger forum. He’s a New York Ranger. If I keep getting asked or challenged on it I’ll keep speaking my mind on it my friend.

Reactions: haveandare

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
It’s not bothering me at all so if people don’t want to let it go I’ll keep talking about it. This is a New York Ranger forum. He’s a New York Ranger. If I keep getting asked or challenged on it I’ll keep speaking my mind on it my friend.
I'm not your friend, pal.

Yes, you have the right to regurgitate the same talking points till the end of time. Have fun with it.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016

Can we please win atleast third pick to get Zadina and then take Kaut in the late first/early second. I want the Czhecmate's to be a thing

Reactions: NYRFANMANI

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
You guys know I want and expect Lias to be a good player right? Like you get that? Because I’m fairly certain most don’t.

I just don’t think he has any sort of game breaking talent he doesn’t drive the play and for a team that for years has had good players just no great ones this is more of the same. It’s not every day you get a 7th overall pick. A guy that tops out as a middle 6er is not what you do with that pick.

If the kid learns to skate over the summer no one will be happier here than me.

I think you are getting a bit of a raw deal here.

I went back and checked (it takes like 1 min), you said that Lias wasn’t ready to make it to the NHL about a 100 times and that you were disappointed with his play. You at least 10 times wrote that you still expect him to become a good player down the road.

I think you overreacted when we drafted him saying that he doesn’t have much potential, I think he does, but all of us are wrong — and hey you could be right, he hasn’t become a star in the NHL yet — and that is hardly a big deal. I also think that you read — way — to much into any talk about Lias being NHL ready. I think ppl were saying that he would get every shot at making the team and that he was mature, don’t think it was a failure that he wasn’t ready.

Right should be right, I actually thought you trashed him more than it turned out that you did, and I am sure it’s the same for others.

Time will tell with Lias — I think he has more potential than you, but discussing these things is what this place is about!

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I see now. 1 of his assists against Denmark has been taken away, meaning he now "only" has 4 points in 3 international games.

upload_2018-4-20_23-34-36.png

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Andersson doesn't love Shestyorkin as much as he loves Buchnevich! Will this love triangle be an issue moving forward??

Reactions: Bozle

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I know you are super sensitive about this and start twisting things because of it but being first line players already and wanting guys with first line upside is actually different.

Lias does not have first line upside. Sorry but he doesn’t. Not every guy on that list does either. But there def are guys on that list that do. You wot find a prospect ranking that has Lias Andersson ahead of Casey Mittelstadt. You also won’t find one that has his upside being more than a middle sixer.

He’s tenacious and I have no doubt he’ll be a good player for us. But so is Jesper Fast. And I wouldn’t pick him 7thoverall.

I can see Lias becoming a 60 point player. That's a first liner.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I'm not your friend, pal.

Yes, you have the right to regurgitate the same talking points till the end of time. Have fun with it.

Haha regurgitating the same talking points is literally all we do here. Especially in the offseason. We’ve been talking about who we want at 8th overall for a month straight lol. And it is fun or we wouldn’t keep coming back. Easy fix. Don’t read my posts if you’re going to get so worked up. I promise I won’t mind.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Respectfully agree to disagree big time here but fair enough.

Tell me how many centers get 60 points in a season? And don't give me that "just because there aren't 31 centers in the doesn't mean being among the top 31 is first line production" bullshit

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I know you are super sensitive about this and start twisting things because of it but being first line players already and wanting guys with first line upside is actually different.

Lias does not have first line upside. Sorry but he doesn’t. Not every guy on that list does either. But there def are guys on that list that do. You wot find a prospect ranking that has Lias Andersson ahead of Casey Mittelstadt. You also won’t find one that has his upside being more than a middle sixer.

He’s tenacious and I have no doubt he’ll be a good player for us. But so is Jesper Fast. And I wouldn’t pick him 7thoverall.

Still waaaaay too early to prognosticate like this. You have no idea what Lias' ceiling is. None. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of players that have scored 60 points in the NHL that weren't drafted in the top 7.

" Andersson is a virtual lock for a lengthy NHL career, and his style of play can fit any system."

^ That's why the Rangers picked him at 7 and pretty much what I expect out of him. If he has a 10+ year in the NHL and plays on the 2nd line then he's a solid pick, and less risky than Mittelstadt, as a 7OA pick. The Rangers wanted depth, and certainty, down the middle and Lias was exactly that which is why it was the right pick FOR THEM.

"We’ve got him at 14th, but don’t be surprised if he’s off the board before the top ten is complete"

This is a pretty in depth article about Andresson that everyone should read:

Nation Network 2017 Prospect Profile: #14 – Lias Andersson

Reactions: Miamipuck

rangerfan_79

Jun 1, 2007
justanfyi.com
Still waaaaay too early to prognosticate like this. You have no idea what Lias' ceiling is. None. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of players that have scored 60 points in the NHL that weren't drafted in the top 7.

" Andersson is a virtual lock for a lengthy NHL career, and his style of play can fit any system."

^ That's why the Rangers picked him at 7 and pretty much what I expect out of him. If he has a 10+ year in the NHL and plays on the 2nd line then he's a solid pick, and less risky than Mittelstadt, as a 7OA pick. The Rangers wanted depth, and certainty, down the middle and Lias was exactly that which is why it was the right pick FOR THEM.

"We’ve got him at 14th, but don’t be surprised if he’s off the board before the top ten is complete"

This is a pretty in depth article about Andresson that everyone should read:

Nation Network 2017 Prospect Profile: #14 – Lias Andersson

Good read. Like the scouting tidbits at the bottom.

It reaffirms the choice to select him at 7.

Reactions: Kovalev27
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->