Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I love how it is brought up time and time again how invisible he is. Let him be invisible. He shows up when it matters. He helps his team to win. Give me that over dangles and fancy puck handling any day. He's been doing this at every level.

I love the invisible narrative, he's played rather well this year, he's scored at every level he's played. For f sake, people act like he's wearing the predator cloak or something.

Reactions: Amazing Kreiderman

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I love the invisible narrative, he's played rather well this year, he's scored at every level he's played. For f sake, people act like he's wearing the predator cloak or something.

He can't skate
He is invisible
He can't carry his team
He can't score
All his points are secondary

Did I leave anything out? It's just funny to read it every time

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Lias is just that guy who you don't see until the postgame scoresheet. In terms of net front, he's basically a smaller Kreider. Got a surprisingly heavy shot too

At the NHL level that's something I want to see him figure out how to use more often. In his stint with the Rangers he didn't get many chances to use his shot. I think that will come but it's definitely an asset of his that he needs to work into his game

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I am watching the 3rd, Lias is 1+1.

Can’t find any stats though. Anyone know if there are any stats available from the game?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
pretty move, reminds me of Horvat and Hodgson (pre-NHL effectiveness)

I am not sure if it’s possible to see the full beauty of the play on the gif, it’s not a typical drag-skate-stick move, he hammers the puck hard to his own skate to avoid the stick of the defender.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

He isn’t invisible in these games at least, definitely the goto forward for Sweden. The level of play isn’t bad, but Lias is definitely helped by playing on a team that definitely is a tad better than the opponents. At any level he is really good and so skilled when he gets the puck on the attack. He is good defensively and strong on the puck. But if his line is pushed back Lias still lacks when it comes to turning the play. He isn’t fast enough on his skate to get back fast and drive the play up ice again.

He is still very young. I love how he has been able to improve his skating intra-season so to speak. We have worked hard with him on it. We had our guys over in GBG when he was there to work with him. I am sure he gets as much time in on it as possible between games (although you can’t run a tough leg and skating practice at least within 48 hours of a game).

If he can push his skating a lot, the sky is more or less he limit from my POV. If not I think he will become a JT Miller type.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
That’s fantastic...I will admit I’ve been a bit skeptical, but I’m more than willing to be won over by him. Gives me more confidence going into the upcoming draft.

I am just waiting for the next excuse.

- The opposition isn't strong enough
- His linemates are carrying him
- He is getting favourable matchups

Reactions: E-Train and Bozle

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have no doubt that Lisa will improve his skating ability. His drive, will, and work ethic is too great for that to be an obstacle.

The way people describe Lias' skating:

XlBllrK.gif

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
I have no doubt that Lisa will improve his skating ability. His drive, will, and work ethic is too great for that to be an obstacle.
It's not just that easy to will yourself to being a better skater, Stove.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Looks like Lias will be making the team....I believe these exhibition games were just a tryout, no way they will cut him now.

Reactions: haveandare
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad