Prospect Info: Andersson, Chytil, Pionk, Shestyorkin named to WC rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I don't know if this means they're on the teams, or if they have to participate in a "camp" of sorts to make the team.
In some articles, it seemed like Gronborg was hoping Lias would accept the invitation to play for the WC team, assuming NYR let him.

Måste slå sig in i VM-laget

So, I imagine Tre Kronor is "holding" a spot for him, pending his decision.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
In some articles, it seemed like Gronborg was hoping Lias would accept the invitation to play for the WC team, assuming NYR let him.

Måste slå sig in i VM-laget

So, I imagine Tre Kronor is "holding" a spot for him, pending his decision.

Ah, this article states how Lias is — not — guaranteed a spot. The coach refers to the gentlemen’s agreement not to cut NHLers, but said that they had individual discussions and everyone was OK with the situation in Lias case.

GeorgeKaplan

Dec 19, 2011
New Jersey
Didn’t Sweden want Lias for the Olympic team? Not saying he’s a lock for this one (bigger talent pool with the inclusion of NHLers), but think he’s got a decent shot to make it

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
This is very good news. Get them in 4-8 more games with some of the best from their countries and then let them start getting ready for next season.

Lias being one of the 14-best Swedish forwards in NHL teams out of the playoffs and among all the Swedes playing in the SHL and the KHL is an accomplishment for someone in his D+1 season. The Czech team isn't as good as the Swedish team, but still, they would beat the Best-of-the-AHL team in a 7 game series.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Ya know for a kid with no apparent offensive upside, he sure does have a knack for scoring at every ****ing level he’s played at since a teenager. Weird, right?

He seems to be one of those guys who seems to weasel his way into offense. Like shift by shift, you don't see some great offensive skill, but then he winds up in the right place at the right time to get a lucky point every time. When someone is consistently lucky, it's obviously not luck.

Looking at stats, Lias is ahead of where Fast and Lindberg were at the same age. Lias had 14 in 22 in the SHL this year; at the same age Fast had 16 in 36, while Lindberg had 14 in 41. Almost twice as many points per game as Lindberg, and nearly 1.5x the ppg of Fast. He's physically much stronger than either of them was at the same age. At least as good defensively. Prime (24+) Fast averaged 31.6 points per 82 games, while Lindberg is at 24.7 per 82. If we could get a similar player who significantly outscores them (say, 41 points per 82 games), that's a second line player.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rangers743

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
He seems to be one of those guys who seems to weasel his way into offense. Like shift by shift, you don't see some great offensive skill, but then he winds up in the right place at the right time to get a lucky point every time. When someone is consistently lucky, it's obviously not luck.

Looking at stats, Lias is ahead of where Fast and Lindberg were at the same age. Lias had 14 in 22 in the SHL this year; at the same age Fast had 16 in 36, while Lindberg had 14 in 41. Almost twice as many points per game as Lindberg, and nearly 1.5x the ppg of Fast. He's physically much stronger than either of them was at the same age. At least as good defensively. Prime (24+) Fast averaged 31.6 points per 82 games, while Lindberg is at 24.7 per 82. If we could get a similar player who significantly outscores them (say, 41 points per 82 games), that's a second line player.
Can’t sleep on the AHL production either. Think it was something like 0.65ppg as a 19 year old on a bad team. Pretty damn impressive for a D+1 year.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

I've been saying this for months. He isn't fast, he isn't flashy but he reads the game so well. That instinct/vision is the reason he is always in the right spot. To me, that is a skill you don't see often and is something that can extend a player's career. Fast players usually drop off at 32. Same goes for grinders. Look at Callahan.

Lias is a smart player and his positioning reminds me a bit of Jagr. He shows up where the puck is ending up, instead of chasing it

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Lias was really good today. Two assists and created so many chances, should’ve had 2 goals at least

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lias was really good today. Two assists and created so many chances, should’ve had 2 goals at least

According to the Swedish reporter covering the game Lias was invisible, but that doesn't come as a surprised since he isn't an established star yet and only have played seven games for Toronto Maple Leafs. ;) (obs they have changed TML to NYR now in the online version)

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
According to the Swedish reporter covering the game Lias was invisible, but that doesn't come as a surprised since he isn't an established star yet and only have played seven games for Toronto Maple Leafs. ;) (obs they have changed TML to NYR now in the online version)
If he's invisible and picking up 2A on the score sheet, imagine what he'll look like when he decides to actually try!? :sarcasm:

By the way, catch your boy Panarin last night? His game was basically your words put into motion about having a forward that can attack D 1v1 with speed/skill.

Reactions: Ola

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Lias is just that guy who you don't see until the postgame scoresheet. In terms of net front, he's basically a smaller Kreider. Got a surprisingly heavy shot too

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I watched it and he wasn’t invisible at all? Pretty noticeable actually and I’d notice him a lot even if I were a neutral fan and weren’t paying much attention to him

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I love how it is brought up time and time again how invisible he is. Let him be invisible. He shows up when it matters. He helps his team to win. Give me that over dangles and fancy puck handling any day. He's been doing this at every level.

Reactions: Miamipuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->