Andersen save of the Playoffs thus far (all reactions in OP)

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
What a save! The reaction of the Leafs watching it on the big screen was hilarious. I don't think most knew exactly what happened there until after the replay.

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
Have to be a hell of a save to top this one, holy shit that's a beautiful save.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
A few leaf fans were ragging on him hard in the GDT calling him the worst goalie in the playoffs (when he gave up the goal to Chara)

Glad he continues to prove some of yall wrong, he's been great on an average defensive team.
That was an awful goal against Chara, and hes been bad this series. Are we going to ignore games one and two and parts of game three or does it not fit your agenda? Was that Chara goal a snipe? A real Laine/Ovechkin shot if you ask me.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
That was an awful goal against Chara, and hes been bad this series. Are we going to ignore games one and two and parts of game three or does it not fit your agenda? Was that Chara goal a snipe? A real Laine/Ovechkin shot if you ask me.

nylander screen

perfect shot

CuriousGeorge

Jun 8, 2007
Wow. Always believed he's a stud

more reactions from leburn98
Top View:
giphy.gif

Behind the net:
giphy.gif

Leafs bench reaction:
giphy.gif

He got lucky. It is not even close to the save of the playoffs.

Reactions: Gnome17

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
What? Not even close?

Show me five better saves, or even three.

Why is it so hard for people to give credit, it was a wonderful save and probably the best in the first week of the playoffs.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Not to be a party pooper but saves like that are because buddy was way out of position.

Grapes says it hit the post?? Looked like it hit the stick to me.
Hes not out of position, give it a rest. Oh and dont go to parties.

Please tell me you're being sarcastic and just forgot the emoji. otherwise........ well Yikes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Hes not out of position, give it a rest. Oh and dont go to parties.
I can guarantee you that if you asked Andersen about this save he'd say that this isnt how he wants to make saves.
He wants them to hit his body, most preferrably right into his chest or stomach.
This isnt a reliable save in any way, he didnt track the puck well and had to make a desperation save and it worked out.
It looks amazing, its exciting, but its also very lucky and due to Andersen not being able to play the way he wants to in the first place.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I can guarantee you that if you asked Andersen about this save he'd say that this isnt how he wants to make saves.
He wants them to hit his body, most preferrably right into his chest or stomach.
This isnt a reliable save in any way, he didnt track the puck well and had to make a desperation save and it worked out.
It looks amazing, its exciting, but its also very lucky and due to Andersen not being able to play the way he wants to in the first place.
It's a slap pass from one side to the other, he wouldnt of had time to get squared up to the shot... its a typical desperation save.

Again, giving credit isn't hard, it was a wonderful save.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
He could have if he didnt buy the shot completely. Misread it completely.

Do you not see the traffic Infront of him?

Oh well it's a great save whether you like to admit it or not.

Also, it was a SLAP pass - 99% of goalies bite on that.

Incredible save, hopefully he builds off it.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Do you not see the traffic Infront of him?

Oh well it's a great save whether you like to admit it or not.

Also, it was a SLAP pass - 99% of goalies bite on that.

Incredible save, hopefully he builds off it.
Yeah its a great save. Looks good, its exciting. I never disagreed on that.
Im just saying that he was out of position, its a desperation save and he got lucky.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yeah its a great save. Looks good, its exciting. I never disagreed on that.
Im just saying that he was out of position, its a desperation save and he got lucky.

So basically like every amazing save ever?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Andersen had an idea of where it was, he just went down a bit early. It's one he needs to have.

and if it went through the wickets it'd be a terrible goal

blame the leafs entire unit for letting a 6'9 dmen skate down unhindered to the slot

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
That was incredible... but it was a desperation save; those are more luck then anything else. Leafs were really on their heels at the end of the third there. You don't want to have to rely on saves like that every night.

Reactions: Gnome17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad