Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Well, he saw what it takes and had a little bit of time with the club. I hope he’s ready for training camp.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Well, he saw what it takes and had a little bit of time with the club. I hope he’s ready for training camp.

God knows he`ll be rested. I liked a ton of what I saw from the kid but still a work in progress and I`m not so sure he`ll be handed a spot, it`ll need to be earned. Terribly unfortunate the kid`s season cut way too short.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Is it just me or has Bjork become the forgotten prospect? I see a lot of people putting him in deals for the off-season and I think that would be a huge mistake to ship him out. Be interested to get feedback from folks with some inside knowledge on where Bjork fits. IMO he's the B's best forward prospect.

Reactions: Chief Nine

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Is it just me or has Bjork become the forgotten prospect? I see a lot of people putting him in deals for the off-season and I think that would be a huge mistake to ship him out. Be interested to get feedback from folks with some inside knowledge on where Bjork fits. IMO he's the B's best forward prospect.

Whether forgotten or not... dont sell low

Hes not the guy to trade unless someone else is begging for him

Reactions: Dr Hook

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
Prior to last season I thought he was going to be the best of Debrusk, Heinen and Donato. I still feel that way even after the injury. Like I said before he carries the puck with speed unlike any players on our current roster.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Prior to last season I thought he was going to be the best of Debrusk, Heinen and Donato. I still feel that way even after the injury. Like I said before he carries the puck with speed unlike any players on our current roster.

The issue I see with Bjork is that (so far) he appeared to carry the puck with speed, but with his head down? He doesn’t appear to be nearly aware of his on ice surroundings as Heinen and DeBrusk are.

If that doesn’t change, it could be an issue.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Funny, I said Donato would be the best and I still feel that way as well. I do think all four will be major contributors and raise the Cup here one day.

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

That's today's world, flavor du jour.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Out of sight, out of mind.

I want the B’s to hold onto all four of these young players. They all have very different skill sets that should serve the B’s well going forward.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
The issue I see with Bjork is that (so far) he appeared to carry the puck with speed, but with his head down? He doesn’t appear to be nearly aware of his on ice surroundings as Heinen and DeBrusk are.

DeBrusk does as well. Small sample.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
No.

We value slow players with 'leadership' above all else. Its called Bruins. Backes won't ever move off the 3rd line RW spot unless its maybe to skate a few shifts with DK.

Hes still a decent player and can probably do well and hit 30+ points in that role. But hes very much an immovable object when it comes time to shuffle the lines around.

My biggest gripe isn't really with him its Cassidy for not playing him at center. He'd be better in the middle focusing on positioning rather than hitting dudes a full second after they pass the puck.

I like Bjork. IDK why my favorite prospects get no love on here. Bjork, Fitz, and Cehlarik are the guys I'm high on other than the obvious prospects who had success last year for us.
I mean Cassidy shuffled the bottom 6 just a few weeks ago in the playoffs so I don't know why you are spinning it like he wouldn't dare move Backes off that line if it wasn't working. We're not talking about Claude here. Cassidy has been fairly willing to change things up as needed.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
DeBrusk does as well. Small sample.

I disagree.

DeBrusk will put his head down and head for the net in certain instances, but I have never seen him get tagged the way Bjork did in open ice by Martin. In addition to that hit, there were several “near misses” for Bjork and he didn’t play that many games.

I think Bjork has very good skills and projects as a good 3 zone player, but he’s not the biggest guy and he needs to get that knack of knowing where he is on the ice and sensing danger. You don’t want him getting hit as much as he was this year.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I mean Cassidy shuffled the bottom 6 just a few weeks ago in the playoffs so I don't know why you are spinning it like he wouldn't dare move Backes off that line if it wasn't working. We're not talking about Claude here. Cassidy has been fairly willing to change things up as needed.

Didn't do much good. We got zero from the bottom 2 lines vs Tampa.

It was clear Donato had no business playing in the playoffs. The only option to Cassidy was Wingels and Gionta. Shame we couldn't give a kid in our system with pro experience a shot instead we have a few guys that would have been interesting to see. We got less than nothing from the bottom 6 after the 3rd or 4th Toronto game.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I disagree.

DeBrusk will put his head down and head for the net in certain instances, but I have never seen him get tagged the way Bjork did in open ice by Martin. In addition to that hit, there were several “near misses” for Bjork and he didn’t play that many games.

I think Bjork has very good skills and projects as a good 3 zone player, but he’s not the biggest guy and he needs to get that knack of knowing where he is on the ice and sensing danger. You don’t want him getting hit as much as he was this year.
It’s been so long I actually can’t rember him playing.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I feel the same way. I do recall seeing some nice flashes. Nice to see bruins adding youth and speed. Far cry from Julien days.
I think I remember him in the first game. He was flying out there.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Reminds me and others of Islanders star Bobby Bourne

I got a bud who sees a nice mix of the Courtnall brothers and have to agree

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

i think that's a fair assessment about the head down, but i'm not worried at all about his ice awareness.
to me it seemed more like something he got away with at lower levels but now he gets blasted by matt
martin...and i was pretty impressed with his view of what happened and how he needs to learn from it.
his hockey sense is very good (i think of 1 play right away against ottawa where he strips phaneuf from
behind and makes a silky pass - it was a high IQ play), and i expect he'll learn and tweak the issue.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
i think that's a fair assessment about the head down, but i'm not worried at all about his ice awareness.
to me it seemed more like something he got away with at lower levels but now he gets blasted by matt
martin...and i was pretty impressed with his view of what happened and how he needs to learn from it.
his hockey sense is very good (i think of 1 play right away against ottawa where he strips phaneuf from
behind and makes a silky pass - it was a high IQ play), and i expect he'll learn and tweak the issue.

Fair enough.

Bjork didn’t get as far as he as by not being able to adapt and overcome. I think you are correct that he probably just got away with that stuff at lower levels because of his speed. Hopefully, he adjusts and takes his game to another level.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Definitely an area he`ll need to improve upon, might be able to get away with that in the NCAA but not in the pro`s. I have to think the B`s will be working with him on this

But man o man did I see some really nice things from the kid. I was pleasantly surprised with his puck pursuit, not quite as good at it as say Heinen is but he surprised me, using his speed he forced the opponent often to move the puck too soon.

He`s not the finished product for sure but I`m really looking forward to seeing how he is come camp if he`s ready to go by then

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He also got flattened earlier in the season the same way against Minnesota.

But I agree with you, I think it's just one of those bad habits that in the NCAA you can get away with more often, but in the NHL guys will close on you much more quickly and something he needs to adjust to.

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Bobby Bourne......lol, thats funny.

What Bjork is and until he proves other wise is a kid with a nice hockey IQ and some soft hands who has proven only and this cant be disputed............... is that he is so far not strong enough, nor tough enough nor durable enough to make it in the NHL. Anyone who see's anything else is fooling themselves.
Lets see if we can get through training camp with the kid.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I’m looking forward to his return.

Hate seeing young guys like him and Carlo miss out on valuable experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad