Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Many incorrect opinions.....I feel the same about you, thats funny.

My opinion on Bjork is he is not NHL caliber. You say he is. I have no problem with my credibility and evaluation on the subject. Other then Bjork, you are spittin in the wind. Plus thats why they are opinions.......You got yours and i have mine.
That makes sense since we agree on zero

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
We're arguing about what a 21 year old forward is right now? For where he was drafted if he's even a career 4th liner they did great. That he's even the next man up is amazing. Good for him.

Reactions: DKH

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Oh...I think he is an NHL player for sure....I just think the game is too big for him now and i think he is intimidated. But i do think when he is 25, he will be a 20-25 goal player....who is good defensively. Many here disagree but the proof is in the pudding.
Okay I think that's fair, I think a lot of people are thinking you mean he is never going to be an NHL player. He definitely needs a season at minimum in the AHL IMO too.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Part of the problem for Bjork is he pales by comparison. If he didn't get measured against McAvoy, DeBrusk, Grizz, and Heinen, people would probably be happier with him as rookie 5th round pick who doesn't look at all like he doesn't belong out there. He's having a really solid first year in the league with some development needed. Pretty typical rookie for me. We are just spoiled by the embarrassment of riches in our young players.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Part of the problem for Bjork is he pales by comparison. If he didn't get measured against McAvoy, DeBrusk, Grizz, and Heinen, people would probably be happier with him as rookie 5th round pick who doesn't look at all like he doesn't belong out there. He's having a really solid first year in the league with some development needed. Pretty typical rookie for me. We are just spoiled by the embarrassment of riches in our young players.

I really wouldn't be shocked if he has a Kyle Connor-esque situation next year.

Reactions: DKH and Dr Hook

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
Someone should tell Erik
Karlsson that Bjork isn’t NHL caliber. He forced him to turn over the puck 3 times last night and drawed a penalty against him(that we scored on).

Reactions: DKH

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Last year first year out of college I went to a game in Providence on one cold winter night and Heinen was scratched- in Providence and Kevin Dean said afterwards 'he will be fine we are going to work through this'

Bjork is better then Heinen at same stage of professional career

By 23 he's going to be one heck of a player - he's already blown Marchand 20 games 1 assist and Krejci & Spooner 30+ NHL games before their first goal

Thankfully Sweeney and Cassidy love him and those guys are thinking long term health of team

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Was this injury from when he got hit in the arm last time he played or was this something he may have been trying to play through ???

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
I wondered the same thing and thought it was a big nothing of a hit to cause him to need surgery.
It was obvious to me from the first time i saw the kid...Much like JFK and KoKo......That these guys were like little kids on the ice compared to the men they were playing against......Lets hope Bjork can drink some milk shakes and put on 20 pounds and come to camp with his head on a swivel.....

Reactions: Thrive

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Hope he recovers soon

he needs to work hard in the weight room and comeback stronger next season.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
It was obvious to me from the first time i saw the kid...Much like JFK and KoKo......That these guys were like little kids on the ice compared to the men they were playing against......Lets hope Bjork can drink some milk shakes and put on 20 pounds and come to camp with his head on a swivel.....

JFK yes but not Koko...if you ask me, he got a raw deal

remember how it was said that CJ and Cassidy styles were not that much different.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Tough break but he has learned a lot the past 5 months and knows the strength, pace, talent of the league and players and with that should be much more prepared next season

I'm excited to see what he's like next September- maybe even see him run through the drills and scrimmages at D.C.

When experience, skill, and physical maturity all catch up to him we are going to see a very good player

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Poor guy has just had the worst luck this season. Hopefully he can find his place next year, he's certainly talented enough. Speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad