Player Discussion Anders Bjork

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Dynamite prospect

So this is what all the hype was about

Too bad he didnt sign at the tail end of last season. I think he would have helped the Bruins to 7 vs the Sens

Reactions: TCB

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He has looked good with Marchand , Bergeron

But what about trying him out with Krejci in the final 2-3 pre season games.

We know Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta line has worked. But it hasnt been all rosy for Krejci, Pasta combination

Just a thought

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Good to renew the discussion. Updating from prior threads.

Kid seems to have solidified a spot on the first line for the foreseeable future.

Slapshot18

Dec 20, 2010
i hope they reunite pasta bergy marchand late in games again this year like they did last year when they needed an offensive jolt. That line is just scary... but i don't think we can keep them together all season as it may be best to spread marchand and pasta for a more balanced attack. Bjork looks great on that line and can learn a lot playing with those two players

That said I think pasta has looked better with spooner than krejci I personally would rather see a line of pasta-spooner-backes that pasta-krejci-x. Krejci would get the short end of the stick again getting rookies and third line wingers though so I'm interested to see how it plays out..

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
i hope they reunite pasta bergy marchand late in games again this year like they did last year when they needed an offensive jolt. That line is just scary... but i don't think we can keep them together all season as it may be best to spread marchand and pasta for a more balanced attack. Bjork looks great on that line and can learn a lot playing with those two players

That said I think pasta has looked better with spooner than krejci I personally would rather see a line of pasta-spooner-backes that pasta-krejci-x. Krejci would get the short end of the stick again getting rookies and third line wingers though so I'm interested to see how it plays out..

So who would you play with Krejci?

I dont think it would hurt to try playing Bjork with Krejci

If it works...then you have confidence in your top 2 lines

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
I want to see Debrusk with Krej. Could spark something with Jake being a big body like Horty and Luch

zaYG

Nerevarine
Jun 29, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA
He has looked good with Marchand , Bergeron

But what about trying him out with Krejci in the final 2-3 pre season games.

We know Marchand, Bergeron, Pasta line has worked. But it hasnt been all rosy for Krejci, Pasta combination

Just a thought

Worth a shot. 63/37/88 is the best line in the league by a large margin. If you can get the same from Bjork with Krejci as he does with Marchand and Bergeron then you go that route. However, I certainly won't complain if he stays where he is because he's looked phenomenal.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
1st time watching the B`s in pre-season. Obviously not the Blackhawks best lineup out there so I was watching for play away from the puck, positioning, you know, the boring stuff. Real nice looking kid, not gonna fall into the "what do you think he`ll post for stats" game, been there, done that, too dangerous.

Loved his reaction to the question or comment here from the reporter when he asked about the feed from Bergy on his goal

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/video/locker-room-raw-anders-bjork/t-277437088/c-52940903

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So far I really like what I see. He isn't afraid to follow the puck wherever it is.

He's gonna drive D men nuts.

He seemed last night to have that Marchand-like tenacity when pursuing the puck. The goal he scored he really started with a strong pursuit forcing the D-man to move the puck to the other side of the ice where Marchand had a great steal

Now, obviously he wasn`t chasing Keith or Seabrook but the kid has NHL speed and his hockey IQ is evident even from the comfort of my couch, could have had 2 goals, made a nice pass interception from a Hawks D-man that he flew high over Crawford, exciting

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Following the win, coach Bruce Cassidy all but assured that Bjork has made the team – and likely will start asthe first-line right winger on the Marchand-Begeron line.

“Yes, sure does to me,” said Cassidy, asked if Bjork looks like he belongs on the team. “Again, the competition will stiffen for him and we’ll keep evaluating that. He has skill, speed, and he’s got courage. He gets to the dirty areas. He is hard to play against. He gives second effort on pucks.

“It’s not one and done with him, and for a young kid, that’s special, to be able to hang in there and battle for those turnovers. That’s usually the part of the game you have to continue to grind on them — but he has a lot of that. I’d like to think some of that is Bergy and Marchy’s influence.”

“You definitely don’t want to overthink,” said the 21-year-old Bjork. “That’s something that can get you into trouble. But you obviously have to be conscious of the system and different focus points of the game. But mainly you try to paly with instinct and try to practice with that system in mind, so when it comes to the game you can just play. It’s so fast, you don’t have time to think.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...very-anthem/COBRvSHUbA7PnZqG1POBFJ/story.html

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Following the win, coach Bruce Cassidy all but assured that Bjork has made the team – and likely will start asthe first-line right winger on the Marchand-Begeron line.

“Yes, sure does to me,” said Cassidy, asked if Bjork looks like he belongs on the team. “Again, the competition will stiffen for him and we’ll keep evaluating that. He has skill, speed, and he’s got courage. He gets to the dirty areas. He is hard to play against. He gives second effort on pucks.

“It’s not one and done with him, and for a young kid, that’s special, to be able to hang in there and battle for those turnovers. That’s usually the part of the game you have to continue to grind on them — but he has a lot of that. I’d like to think some of that is Bergy and Marchy’s influence.”

“You definitely don’t want to overthink,” said the 21-year-old Bjork. “That’s something that can get you into trouble. But you obviously have to be conscious of the system and different focus points of the game. But mainly you try to paly with instinct and try to practice with that system in mind, so when it comes to the game you can just play. It’s so fast, you don’t have time to think.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...very-anthem/COBRvSHUbA7PnZqG1POBFJ/story.html

5th round pick, ya just never know when drafting a kid who`ll rise to be a player

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Still a first-year pro, Bjork’s ability to read and react with similar poise and timing of Bergeron and Marchand is certainly impressive, especially against an up-tempo team like the Blackhawks, but it’s not exactly the shock to the system for the veteran Bergeron.

“I noticed it in practice – I know it’s practice but still – we were doing a lot of forechecking drills and we were finding ways to get the puck back by all of us,” Bergeron said of Bjork’s forechecking game. “Reading the play and being aggressive and he’s really good at getting the puck back, by being strong on his stick but also moving his feet and reading the play and getting to where the puck is going to get to.”

http://www.weei.com/blogs/ty-anderson/bruins-4-blackhawks-2-meet-your-first-line

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

They definitely will. I imagine he'll be playing with 37 and 63 quite a bit.

I agree that a balanced attack is the way to go. I think that Krejci and Pastrnak will mesh quite well together, but they need a solid guy at LW to help. Hopefully DeBrusk can be that. I'm not worried at all about Bjork. From what he's shown me this preseason he's 100% ready... Smarts and skill are off the charts. He'll have his peaks and valleys but he's definitely a lock to make the team and he'll be on the 1st line RW. He earned it. So excited to see what he can do over a full season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Quick in space and makes good decisions

Teams would be wise to put the body on him every time he gets the puck

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
They definitely will. I imagine he'll be playing with 37 and 63 quite a bit.

I agree that a balanced attack is the way to go. I think that Krejci and Pastrnak will mesh quite well together, but they need a solid guy at LW to help. Hopefully DeBrusk can be that. I'm not worried at all about Bjork. From what he's shown me this preseason he's 100% ready... Smarts and skill are off the charts. He'll have his peaks and valleys but he's definitely a lock to make the team and he'll be on the 1st line RW. He earned it. So excited to see what he can do over a full season.

it`s an option but IMO, not so sure Bjork will be replaced too often on that line

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
He seemed last night to have that Marchand-like tenacity when pursuing the puck. The goal he scored he really started with a strong pursuit forcing the D-man to move the puck to the other side of the ice where Marchand had a great steal

Now, obviously he wasn`t chasing Keith or Seabrook but the kid has NHL speed and his hockey IQ is evident even from the comfort of my couch, could have had 2 goals, made a nice pass interception from a Hawks D-man that he flew high over Crawford, exciting

That's what stood out for me. If he keeps that up for 82 games, that line is going to dominate at another level. Because if he's putting pressure on people, Marchand and Bergeron are going to force the turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->