Confirmed Signing with Link: Anaheim signs Chris Kelly

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
forgot all about heatley and his brief, invisible stint with the ducks

so that's 5 former players from the 07 sens who have played for the ducks now

Ducks love Ontario for some reason....maybe they confuse our teams with Ontario California or something, "yeah bring him over, he plays in Ontario, good ol Fornia boy!"

Reactions: Voight

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Kelly is a great professional, but I wouldn't have as anything other than a 14th forward. He will make defensive plays but guarantees whoever he plays with won't score. He won't hurt you defensively though and can pk.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Maybe a Grant replacement when Grant is a Vermette replacement? Grant takes over 4C, Kelly takes #1 press box?

this means vermette is most likely gone. or else i don't see why they make this move. for the money he's getting and the fact that it's a one way deal, i doubt this is for SD

but playing kelly over grant would be ridiculous. grant has been solid

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
this means vermette is most likely gone. or else i don't see why they make this move. for the money he's getting and the fact that it's a one way deal, i doubt this is for SD

but playing kelly over grant would be ridiculous. grant has been solid
Kelly will most certainly not play over Grant. I sure hope Vermette is moved, ever since he slashed the linesman he really has dipped in play( stupid penalties, 0 offense and seems to really have a negative vibe out there ) his face off win% doesn’t trump all that imo( and Grant also is no slouch in the faceoff zone and actually has a good shot and doesn’t take penalties. Now if we can only not play Bieksa anymore and make a move for a #4d we’re in business( also it’s time to upgrade Ritchie, Ritchie isn’t fast minded or talented enough to play with kase and henrique( 2 very quick minded and savy skilled players )

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Ill say he proves to be a good signing. Amazes me a deep playoff team like anaheim finds room for him but Edmonton with record horrible pk and complete lack of vetern leaders with rings on their finger cant...

Not saying kelly is a savior... but he is a winner.

Reactions: Thrive

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
Ill say he proves to be a good signing. Amazes me a deep playoff team like anaheim finds room for him but Edmonton with record horrible pk and complete lack of vetern leaders with rings on their finger cant...

Not saying kelly is a savior... but he is a winner.
Kelly wanted to sign with a contender, that’s probably why.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
One thing about the whole Kelly practicing with the Oilers thing earlier that not a lot of people get it they brought him in to essentially be a replacement for Hendricks in terms of locker room presence. It didn't work out so they let him go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->