Anaheim Ducks' system features talent on the wings and depth on defense

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The Anaheim Ducks prospect system has a solid core and the future appears to be very bright. The club features great depth with young rising stars at each position. The Ducks have a few skaters whom many believe have the ability to make an immediate impact at the NHL level.

The club has a talented crop of players at each position who will eventually get their chance to make an impact. At their immediate use are Kyle Palmieri, Devante Smith-Pelly, Peter Holland, and Sami Vatanen whom each have displayed varying degrees of success and the impressive talent level required for immediate success at the pro level.… read more

More...

Ducksgo*

Good read thanks for sharing. I am also in agreement with our depth.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Thanks for the write up.

There are some things that need to be fixed though, Rakell should be considered as a centerman first. He played and practiced at the center position while in Anaheim. Which is consistent as he plays center for his junior team since he was drafted by Anaheim. Following Rakell's lead, Wagner is listed at RW, but plays center for Norfolk.

A couple more forwards whose positions need changing are Kerdiles and Roy from center to left wing.

I'm happy to see Lind receiving some notoriety, but thought there would be more about Welinski and O'Brien considering they're looking to be groomed to be offensive defensemen.

I have to disagree with the goaltending write up. The Ducks lack depth, but Gibson has shown franchise goalie potential. Also Andersen was a great pick up for the Ducks.

Man, did I wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning... of course, snow in Cali is something I'm not used to this time of year. I should be in shorts right now instead of being bundled up!

Carelton CA

Dec 16, 2011
I have to agree with Hockey Duckie, these articles would have more credibility of the positions were correct for the players in the articles. Listing their positions wrong, over and over again leads me to believe its box score writing and no one is really "reporting" anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad