Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] G Vyacheslav Buteyets signs ELC with the Ducks (2 years, $852.5k AAV)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I assume

Gibson
Dostal

Suchanek
Buteyets

Clang
Gage

Very young goalie squad. Wish them no injuries at the NHL level because a guy is getting rushed. Probably would have to trade for a journeyman if it's anything mid/long term.

That goalie lineup in the AHL could also get overwhelmed in a full season.

The one possible upset I could see is Clang pushing Buteyets down as he's more used to NA.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I assume

Gibson
Dostal

Suchanek
Buteyets

Clang
Gage

Very young goalie squad. Wish them no injuries at the NHL level because a guy is getting rushed. Probably would have to trade for a journeyman if it's anything mid/long term.

The one possible upset I could see is Clang pushing Buteyets down as he's more used to NA.
I assume well bring in some sort of vet like Stalock...

Hoping we move on from Gibson and bring in a diff vet goalie to back up Dostal

I think anaheim will be 1 of the more active teams this offseason... lots of cap space + assets... and i think the light at the end of the rebuild is bright.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I assume

Gibson
Dostal

Suchanek
Buteyets

Clang
Gage

Clang also has had more pro experience in Europe, and did quite well at that level - I’d be surprised if Buteyets found himself higher on the depth chart right away. Otherwise a loan to Sweden for Clang would IMO be preferable over a year mostly spent in the E.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I'm sure they'll come up with a nickname ... Assuming he's any good. I'm proposing "BTS". Although if he sucks he'll be more ButeNyets. I'm here all week folks.
Thankfully Jake Lechyscyshyshsncysn wasn't good enough... I have a stroke every time I try and spell his last name :laugh:

FiveTacos

Oct 2, 2017
The Twilight Zone
Thankfully Jake Lechyscyshyshsncysn wasn't good enough... I have a stroke every time I try and spell his last name :laugh:

I stopped watching the NBA altogether because I don't wanna have to write about that Giannis dude.

I figure the Habs commentators will have fun with the fact that his last name starts with the French word for goal

May have to re evaluate the nicknames then. "Great save! Buteyets? Bute-NYET!"

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad