[ANA] Peter Holland

defer*

I looked for a thread to bump that was related to how he is playing but I couldn't find one so I figured I would start one.

Peter Holland: http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/peter_holland

He is currently tied for 6th in points and 4th in goals with 9 goals 8 assists for 17 points in 11 games in the OHL.

He looks pretty good so far but he has had a problem with consistency in the past so hopefully he keeps up the nice pace.

If you have any updates on his play or if you have seen him live and have anything productive to say then please share.

airforceones25

Jun 16, 2009
California
he scored a short handed goal in the 2nd period of tonight's game vs windsor. game is still underway in the 3rd.

EDIT: Holland scores the game winning goal with under 2 min to play. Guelph wins 4-3. Holland w/ 2 goals tonight giving him 11 goals on the season now!

Holland - Guelph's one man wrecking crew this season!

Last edited:

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Talent wise, he can do it all. I think he just needs to maintain the effort level throughout the game. I expect him to get 100 pts this season. Even last season, he was one of the top scorers in the 2nd half, something like 54 pts in 34 games. He can skate, shoot , pass, 6'2, 200 lbs. Some posters here just like pumping up their favourite prospects w/o regard to realistic NHL potential.

defer*

Talent wise, he can do it all. I think he just needs to maintain the effort level throughout the game. I expect him to get 100 pts this season. Even last season, he was one of the top scorers in the 2nd half, something like 54 pts in 34 games. He can skate, shoot , pass, 6'2, 200 lbs. Some posters here just like pumping up their favourite prospects w/o regard to realistic NHL potential.

are you saying that is what I am doing?

And his 11 goals moves him to tied for second with goals in the OHL!!

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
are you saying that is what I am doing?

And his 11 goals moves him to tied for second with goals in the OHL!!

Im referring to the fact that Holland is not discussed much here. ie. not one of the favourites. Holland actally has a more realistic chance of excelling in the NHL as opposed to the usual suspects you see over & over again here.

defer*

Im referring to the fact that Holland is not discussed much here. ie. not one of the favourites. Holland actally has a more realistic chance of excelling in the NHL as opposed to the usual suspects you see over & over again here.

Oh okok.

I think this is attributed to the fact that ANA prospects never get ANY hype.

look at Tangradi.

When he was with the Ducks he was a nobody and as soon as he went to PITT he became a top prospect.

I was kind of discouraged after seeing Holland in pre-season because he looked a little lost BUT hopefully he will take the same road as getzlaf and take on a nice 3rd line scoring role next season.

He reminds me so much of Getzlaf it's crazy.

They have a similar body, he gets the same complaints about work ethic competitiveness and consistancy.

And he is underated.

defer*

19 points in 13 games has him in 5th in the points lead.

His 11 goals still has him in second for goals

defer*

He has a goal in the second period tonight for his 12th of the season.

Chance on Chance

Jul 15, 2009
Canada
saw him play on friday against owen sound. looked pretty good, big body. also had a nice goal. cam down and used the defence as a screen and potted it top corner

HemskyToHall*

All the talent, but his hockey IQ is very poor. He is also one of the older players in the league and you expect him to put up great numbers. I think he'll make the NHL no matter what, as a checker or a top 6 player.

defer*

All the talent, but his hockey IQ is very poor. He is also one of the older players in the league and you expect him to put up great numbers. I think he'll make the NHL no matter what, as a checker or a top 6 player.

I think his max potentiel is 2nd line center. I expect more of a 3rd line center with offensive ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad