Confirmed with Link: [ANA/OTT] Andre Petersson for Alex Grant

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Watching some video of petersson This trade has potential to be a steal for the Ducks. Petersson has elite level skill and a great release on his shot. He is also a great skater. Hopefully the Ducks give him a shot because I think he could do big things

31c357612790b766a110c5950df5226c08da420b9313ca83e2fd43754e3b3ba9.jpg

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Thanks for all the info about Petersson. About his shot, his backhander is pretty good too:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Loving this deal. I'm a huge fan of André Petersson and was sad to see him not being able to crack the Sens roster.

I think the Ducks will fit him a lot better and if he can just improve his defensive game he has the potential to be a very solid top6 forward.

Wouldn't mind seeing him taking over for Selänne on that 2nd line wing next season.

I think if he's just given the chance to stay up in the NHL for a while he will learn a ton and improve quite quickly.

The Ducks sure got some intruiging, young swedish players on their hands.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
You're selling Vipers short. He has Global Mod potential. We just have to stay the course and develop him properly.

I disagree. If he truly desires the illustrious global mod title then his best bet is to be traded, and then allow himself to get overhyped and then become a global mod before eventually fading in to irrelevancy.

Last edited:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Loving this deal. I'm a huge fan of André Petersson and was sad to see him not being able to crack the Sens roster.

I think the Ducks will fit him a lot better and if he can just improve his defensive game he has the potential to be a very solid top6 forward.

Wouldn't mind seeing him taking over for Selänne on that 2nd line wing next season.

I think if he's just given the chance to stay up in the NHL for a while he will learn a ton and improve quite quickly.

The Ducks sure got some intruiging, young swedish players on their hands.

He got traded for a guy who the Ducks don't expect to make the NHL. That's how little the Sens think of him. He's not going to be competing for a top 6 spot in ANA next year. And from the reports of his defense he might want to work on that while at Norfolk next year.

You need to severely temper your expectations.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
He got traded for a guy who the Ducks don't expect to make the NHL. That's how little the Sens think of him. He's not going to be competing for a top 6 spot in ANA next year. And from the reports of his defense he might want to work on that while at Norfolk next year.

You need to severely temper your expectations.

I wouldn't call it my expectations, more like my hopes. I know he's not really close to NHL right now but I also think a change of scenery can benefit him greatly.

I expect him to get a full season in Norfolk but I also do think he should be given a chance to stay up with the big boys for a longer period of time next season just to see what's there.

I think he has a lot of potential and with guys like this you never really know when they're suddenly going to fulfill that potential. It sort of just happens sometimes.

From what I've seen I think Petersson is one of those guys who'd learn more from being in the NHL even if he doesn't get that much playing time than putting in work in the minors.

I'm not saying that because he's a complete player or anything but I think it becomes more clear to him where he needs to improve if he stays up instead of getting away with bad habits in the AHL.

He's a quick learner and I'd think he'd thrive under the pressure and rapidly improve his game.

I hope that made sense.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I wouldn't call it my expectations, more like my hopes. I know he's not really close to NHL right now but I also think a change of scenery can benefit him greatly.

I expect him to get a full season in Norfolk but I also do think he should be given a chance to stay up with the big boys for a longer period of time next season just to see what's there.

I think he has a lot of potential and with guys like this you never really know when they're suddenly going to fulfill that potential. It sort of just happens sometimes.

From what I've seen I think Petersson is one of those guys who'd learn more from being in the NHL even if he doesn't get that much playing time than putting in work in the minors.

I'm not saying that because he's a complete player or anything but I think it becomes more clear to him where he needs to improve if he stays up instead of getting away with bad habits in the AHL.

He's a quick learner and I'd think he'd thrive under the pressure and rapidly improve his game.

I hope that made sense.

I think it does. Well, enough, at least. :) Any time in the NHL will be even harder to come by in Anaheim than in Ottawa, given the many young NHL-ready players we have to compete for those spots. But you're not wrong about changes of scenery, sometimes they do work wonders. And it's already pretty guaranteed that he'll have one chance to play with the big boys and under our coach's eyes - training camp. Our guys don't seem to be scared to go with what they see, and if he impresses there, it could open some doors for him.

But we'll just have to wait and see. I'm certainly happy to see a player with upside like him being brought in. With all these Swedes in his age bracket around the Ducks, and most likely some around Norfolk, as well, I'm optimistic that he'll enjoy being there. Another interesting guy to follow, so I'm happy. :)

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

I hope that made sense.

Well, I too am on board with hoping a change of scenery helps him. But to paraphrase Vipers, any NHL ice time will have to be earned beyond a possible preseason game or two. The Ducks are stacked with young talent knocking on the NHL door.

Let's hope a light bulb comes on and he recognizes the work required to improve his defense.

randyc

Apr 2, 2007
Suffolk, Virginia
Couple of thoughts. Petersson will definitely work on his defense under Trent Yawney. He stresses a team defense concept that Peterrson will need to buy in on. I will be watching him closely on that topic.

As to change of scenery Jesse Blacker comes to mind. Traded for Peter Holland and never seemed to get his game together in Toronto. And coming to Norfolk has seen him show big improvement. So much improvement I feel that it was a big factor in trading Grant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad