Confirmed Trade: [ANA/NYI] Chris Wagner for Jason Chimera

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Don't forget icing the ****ing puck from two ****ing feet away from the red line. The Chimera Special
And ill timed dumb penalties.

Edit: Saw it was already mentioned. Can't stress it enough, he kills moment with his stupidity. He really is addition by subtraction... or in the Ducks case, subtraction by addition...

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
It really is a shame because I liked the guy last season. Seemed to always give max effort, insanely fast for a 38 year-old (regularly beat out icings), and had 20 goals.

This season, though, he has no acceleration (although the top speed is still there to an extent), lazily floats around the ice, and takes a penalty seemingly every shift for something stupid.

Maybe Anaheim awakens him and he returns to '16-17 form, in which case he's a very nice bottom 6 player. But if he is what he has been so far this season, he's press box fodder.

rmarion

Jun 2, 2007
WTF?????

and here I was hoping for a quality SC run this year..... Getz shifted into SC gear last year during the playoffs...

oh well, one and done even if they make the playoffs....

STUPID TRADE!!!!

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Yes Wagner is 26 and Chimera is 38, but both are UFA's this summer.

The Ducks were unable to get an extension worked out with Wagner, so Murray went ahead and moved him for a veteran.

The Ducks just added a 37 year old and 38 year old to their locker room. Makes me wonder if there is an issue there that needed to be addressed. (team chemistry, leadership void)
Ding Ding Ding: Other than Perry, getz, bieksa. kesler,cogliano and recently henrique ) our team shows no hate, no emotion. All the players I just named are getting up there in age, it must be so mentally draining for them to not only do almost all of the physical work( score goals fight etc) but to also have to be in leadership rolls. Wagner was just to darn nice of a guy , always smiling ( and that’s great but our top end guys thrive off of hate and emotional engagement ) I like this move for us. I always try to put myself in someone’s shoes ( chimera is 38 burried on an isles team with 0 chance at a cup run, possibly on his last contract( unless he makes an impact ) I expect Chimera to come in as a lightning rod and I welcome the emotion i’m sure he will bring along with his veteran presence over wagner ( a guy who I appreciate for trying hard, but in trying to fill a roll not meant for his personality type started resulting in a lot of stupid penalties. Add in nashville getting hartman and stewey picked up by calgary, I don’t mind an extra big physical body in our bottom 6. Because grant is big but not physical , brown is wagner like ( smaller in stature) ok sorry for the long post. But yea those are my thoughts. I feel that the above core players I mention often wait for some emotion and leadership from guys like raks and silfver and get frustrated at their sometimes emotionless game.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
I was happy when the Isles got Chimera on a two year deal as a replacement for Matty Marts. Was pleasantly surprised at his back to back 20G season's and was pumping his tires this preseason. Boy was I wrong about him this year, easily the worst Isles forward this year and the bottom six has been atrocious...

He's old, maybe he needs a little warmer climate to get him going? Hope Chimmer finds something out there

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Was this a trade that was supposed to be followed by another trade that never happened? The Isles didn't do much.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Was this a trade that was supposed to be followed by another trade that never happened? The Isles didn't do much.

Nah, was already stated pre deadline that Snow was not going to trade for any rentals. Well, he did trade a rental for a rental. But the point was he wasn't going to give up any assets for a rental. Didn't expect much to happen, and this isn't much.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Congrats Isles, you got a good 4th liner. Meanwhile, I`m scratching my head here of why Murray did this

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I don't really see the point of this trade from a Ducks prospective.
Honestly I think the move was about forechecking. The Ducks need more of it. Especially on the top line with Rakell and Getzlaf. I wouldn't be shocked to see Chimera replaces Eaves for that unit. He can dig and get pucks for them and still has the ability to put a few pucks in the net. Or at least he did in the last 2 years. I expect the Ducks to at least try it.

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
Honestly I think the move was about forechecking. The Ducks need more of it. Especially on the top line with Rakell and Getzlaf. I wouldn't be shocked to see Chimera replaces Eaves for that unit. He can dig and get pucks for them and still has the ability to put a few pucks in the net. Or at least he did in the last 2 years. I expect the Ducks to at least try it.

" put a few pucks in the net "
58g 2 -9 -11 . he has really showed his age this year. Had a nice season in 16/17

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Playing Chimera on the top line would be an incredibly terrible idea. Maybe he'll rejuvenate himself in the Ducks bottom 6 and be a good 3rd/4th liner, but that's as high as his potential for rebound is IMO.

And as for his ability to put pucks in the net, he has 2 goals this season (in 58 games). Even Ross Johnston has 3 in 12 games.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Playing Chimera on the top line would be an incredibly terrible idea. Maybe he'll rejuvenate himself in the Ducks bottom 6 and be a good 3rd/4th liner, but that's as high as his potential for rebound is IMO.

And as for his ability to put pucks in the net, he has 2 goals this season (in 58 games). Even Ross Johnston has 3 in 12 games.
I didn't say it was a good idea. Just that it wouldn't surprise me. Yes he has struggled this year. But the last 2 seasons he hit 20. He was certainly capable of it in his recent past.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I didn't say it was a good idea. Just that it wouldn't surprise me. Yes he has struggled this year. But the last 2 seasons he hit 20. He was certainly capable of it in his recent past.

His game has fallen off a cliff this year. It was sad to see. He didn't look 38, he looked like he was 43. No joke.

Chimera has no place on your top line unless he's the tank commander or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->