Confirmed Trade: [ANA/NYI] Chris Wagner for Jason Chimera

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
ducks are a big team and they got a big guy. makes perfect sense for them. unless wagner was a big guy then whatever

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Ducks fans don’t expect much out of Chimera. He was good last year and even scored 20 goals playing in the bottom 6 but I think his age finally caught up to him. He hasn’t been good at all this year. Maybe a change will light a fire under him
Idk.

Not So Mighty

Enjoy your freedom, you wintertimer.
Aug 2, 2010
Omicron Pesei 8
So stupid. I know Anaheim hasn't given Murray much reason to add, but what's the point of this trade at all. He should have left the team alone. You're supposed to sell for the future, not the past. Easily one of BM's worst trades since taking over.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
ducks are a big team and they got a big guy. makes perfect sense for them. unless wagner was a big guy then whatever

Wagner is second in the league in hits and is versatile. Can play C or winger. He is the only Duck this year other than Manson to play every game and when Getz/Kes were out, Wagner and Grant did a pretty great job playing as the top 2 centres.

IMO a real boneheaded move by our GM.

I think if you worded your statement "ducks are an OLD team and they got an OLD guy. makes perfect sense for them." then I'd agree with you.

Reactions: Juicy Pop

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
He needs a long runway to get up to speed, his top speed is still very good. It's clear he's lost the juice in his initial strides.

Oh, well then he’ll fit right in with Getzlaf, Kesler, Perry, and Beauchemin in the ranks of slow accelerators.

What a pointless move.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
I bet it would shock a lot of people if i told them Chimera just had 2 consecutive 20 goal seasons. At least it shocked me and i tend to think i know players pretty well.

What the hell is Anaheim doing though ? Chimera.. Kelly.. just makes the team look more washed up.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Yes Wagner is 26 and Chimera is 38, but both are UFA's this summer.

The Ducks were unable to get an extension worked out with Wagner, so Murray went ahead and moved him for a veteran.

The Ducks just added a 37 year old and 38 year old to their locker room. Makes me wonder if there is an issue there that needed to be addressed. (team chemistry, leadership void)

Reactions: jetsforever

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
Yes Wagner is 26 and Chimera is 38, but both are UFA's this summer.

The Ducks were unable to get an extension worked out with Wagner, so Murray went ahead and moved him for a veteran.

The Ducks just added a 37 year old and 38 year old to their locker room. Makes me wonder if there is an issue there that needed to be addressed. (team chemistry, leadership void)

It's almost like a rental-swap, with both players becoming UFA's after this season. Seems unlikely either team will make an offer at UFA this summer for their recent acquisition, either. trash for trash

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Ducks fans, get ready for some fast skating, some offsides, and of course minor penalties. Thrilled that chimera is gone. Not much else to be excited about on the TDL front as an isles fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->