Confirmed Trade: [ANA/NJD] Vatanen & conditional 3rd for Henrique, Blandisi & a 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Sometimes it's better to think before you speak. I suggest watching the Ducks play and then try again.

just because he played 1 game at center doesn't mean that is where he should stay for the long term.

I thinkkkk us Devils fans have a pretty good indication of what Henrique is and isn't.

SlingshotVv

arm-bar all the things
Sep 28, 2009
Colonia, NJ
how are people calling this even? unless I'm wrong, NJD gets over 2 years of a legit top 4 dman, and gave up one and a half years of a middle 6 center. Unless Blandisi is more special than I'm assuming?

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
its not THAT uneven either though. both teams seem happy, no need to stir the pot

Reactions: My3Sons
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
how are people calling this even? unless I'm wrong, NJD gets over 2 years of a legit top 4 dman, and gave up one and a half years of a middle 6 center. Unless Blandisi is more special than I'm assuming?

NJ won, and will win in hindsight more if Henrique doesn't re-sign in Anaheim. Hence why I still think it's a panic move (sorry)

Dale Best Goalie

In Prust We Trust
Sep 12, 2017
Pittsburgh
He was actually used much more as a center out of necessity due to our lack of center depth. He is more effective as a winger but can certainly play center if need be. His big problem is that he is so streaky. He is amazing for half the games and invisible the other half. He will always be held in high esteem with us for his 2012 playoffs when his goal against the Rangers won us the series to get to the finals.
No I know he can play center, and he plays center in ANA due to the injuries, but saying that ANA got a center isn't true. It's like saying the Habs got a center in Drouin. Yes he's used as a center and can play center, but he's actually a winger.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
My guess is 90% of ANA and NJ fans see the wisdom in this trade for both sides and aren’t worrying about winning the trade they only care about winning games. Then there are people with axes to grind who just want to get people worked up. This who won the trade debate is silly since both teams benefit tremendously.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
We had to get rid of Vatanen at some point. He was making close to $5 million as our #5 defenseman. If his current trend of play continued, his contract would have been very difficult to trade. It won't surprise me if his game picks up with NJ, but it wasn't looking good with us. We have a number of quality players we need to re-sign after this year and next, so Sami was the logical choice to move, particularly since we have a couple guys coming up who can play for us on ELCs in Vatanen's place. He became a luxury we couldn't afford to keep anymore.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Palms just didn`t had a chance in Anaheim, stucked behind Perry, Selanne and Silfverberg. That deal worked very well for you guys and Kyle himself who now plays for his hometown team, but no hurt feelings from us. 2nd + 3d wasn`t a bad price we got for the player Kyle was at the time, and Anaheim fans more or less sensed that Palms could really broke out if he gets a more favorable situation than Anaheim. And he did.(although we pissed those draft picks away ourselves but that is another story) And somewhat similar situation now with Vatanen. That isn`t fleecing. Forsberg for Erat is fleecing, these are hockey deals. But you do get the best players in both deals, but in both trades, we get some really nice assets too.

Also Palms was up for a significant raise, and the Ducks didn't have too much cap space, as I recall.

Reactions: Kalv

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I don't see the purpose of measuring values under a microscope for trades like this. It was a hockey trade that both teams will be happy with.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
My guess is 90% of ANA and NJ fans see the wisdom in this trade for both sides and aren’t worrying about winning the trade they only care about winning games. Then there are people with axes to grind who just want to get people worked up. This who won the trade debate is silly since both teams benefit tremendously.

If GMs worried as much about winning/losing value in cross conference deals as the fans here do, we would definitely see a lot less trades come to fruition.

I completely agree, both teams look better on paper after this transaction. Anaheim gave up an extra year of cost control and thus gets a couple extra young assets added. It's a good hockey deal for both sides and the bickering is pointless.

MoonDragn

Mar 28, 2007
Maryland
Still think Vatanen was a good trade? Two games now the Devils look worse defensively AND offensively. They barely won the first one but lost the 2nd one really badly.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Blandisi looked pretty good in his second game. He got paired up with Henrique and Perry and was noticeable in his ability to drive the play in the offensive zone. So far he's shown a lot of hustle. His shot leaves something to be desired, though.

amoboko

Waikato Junglist
Jun 24, 2015
Belgium
A good opportunity for Henrique to get into the play offs and become a cup contender, but the Ducks ?

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Why does there have to be a winner/loser of every trade on this board. And after 2 games too. Who cares what their current contracts are. Both teams seem happy with what they got.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Still think Vatanen was a good trade? Two games now the Devils look worse defensively AND offensively. They barely won the first one but lost the 2nd one really badly.

2 games on the road and you are already giving up? :help:

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Blandisi looked pretty good in his second game. He got paired up with Henrique and Perry and was noticeable in his ability to drive the play in the offensive zone. So far he's shown a lot of hustle. His shot leaves something to be desired, though.
+1 here. He has used his speed well, I think right now( and understandably so) he is trying to fly out there, check anyone he comes in contact with, looking to dish first ( when with Perry) once he gets some practice time and familiarity in, he will play a smarter more basic game . One to which Carlyle will tell him to play hard without taking penalties and to make sure to stay hungry and he will get his opportunities ( definitely more skill and upside than a guy like logan shaw)

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
My god this is a terrible post. It's been two games. TWO.

Anaheim is also 0-2 since the trade, so by this terrible logic it was also a terrible trade for them.

nilssont

May 27, 2007
My god this is a terrible post. It's been two games. TWO.

Anaheim is also 0-2 since the trade, so by this terrible logic it was also a terrible trade for them.

Hah. You know HF. Vats didnt set the world on fire in his first 2 games so you might aswell sit him and buy him out.

Hes gonna do fine in NJ. Seems like a cool person too.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
LMAO just because the ducks used him as a C doesn't mean he's a better C than LW. Hes much more effective at the wing and was used almost exclusively as one in NJ... so yeah. Stupid statement

Just because you were wrong, doesn't help to try to change what I said. Sad attempt at backtracking. It's cool though, I'm sure your other posts are high quality.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
just because he played 1 game at center doesn't mean that is where he should stay for the long term.

I thinkkkk us Devils fans have a pretty good indication of what Henrique is and isn't.

Effective remains to be seen. He was acquired by the Ducks to play the middle off the bat, which is what I said originally, and the one guy didn't realize the Ducks got him to play centre.

If it doesn't work out, he can move to the wing. Maybe he needs a better coach to help him develop at centre. Time will tell.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
youll realise pretty quickly you didnt get a C back, regardless of where hes being played.

anyway, seems like good debuts for both guys. Henrique gets a primary assist, and Vatanen pretty much ran the D for TOI

I didn't get anything. I think both teams are junk.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Effective remains to be seen. He was acquired by the Ducks to play the middle off the bat, which is what I said originally, and the one guy didn't realize the Ducks got him to play centre.

If it doesn't work out, he can move to the wing. Maybe he needs a better coach to help him develop at centre. Time will tell.

dude I'm telling you, Adam Henrique should absolutely not play center over the long haul.

you will realize this sooner rather than later. Like I said, I've been watching him for 5-6 years now. I think I have a better idea of where he fits best then Ducks fans than have seem him probably a handful of times.

hes going to be 28 in a few months. I highly doubt he has more developing to do.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
dude I'm telling you, Adam Henrique should absolutely not play

you will realize this sooner rather than later. Like I said, I've been watching him for 5-6 years now. I think I have a better idea of where he fits best then Ducks fans than have seem him probably a handful of times.

hes going to be 28 in a few months. I highly doubt he has more developing to do.

I watched 20-30 Devils games last year. I know what he is. You really should read my first post on the subject and maybe speak to someone with inside knowledge of why the Ducks acquired him. It'll make things clearer for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad