[ANA] Gibson or [BOS] Subban?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Does that "script" include the latest OHL goaltender rankings, in which Binnington is top three in every significant category?

The overlooking of, and hate for, Blues' prospects here on HF goes way back.

What does this poll have to do with St. Louis prospects?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Homer vote for Gibson, but that doesn`t take away anything from Subban, who is a year younger. Both guys have great potential. No ''AINEC'' in this thread

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
wow, I thought it would be closer than that but I go with Gibson on this one, even if I really like Subban.

Fearless Leaf*

Curse you Ducks fans, if it wasn't for our #39 pick, there is no way you could have gotten Gibson. :cry:

For the poll, I went with Gibson because I have really liked what I have seen from him. Although, you can't go wrong with either. They are both great prospects.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
Good thing for Boston they are already pretty set in goal because if they were really relying on Subban........ woof.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Good thing for Boston they are already pretty set in goal because if they were really relying on Subban........ woof.
If anyone was relying on a prospect goalie they'd be in trouble.

I know he has become the scapegoat du jour, but I thought Subban played really well during the tournament.

bigbadbruins1

Dec 12, 2008
At this point Gibson seems to be the best of the two, but I think with the raw talent Subban could eventually be the better of the two, but yeah, Subban has not impressed me much at the WJC

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Did you watch the game or just see the highlights

Gibson was great... Like actually great... But Subban wasn't really terrible. He definitely wasn't good though. None of them were soft or easy goals

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Subban has a high skill level and is very quick, but he has a long way to go. He doesn't see the play very well and his positioning is suspect. Probably will be a pretty good NHLer, but has a long way to go.

Gibson isn't far off athletically and is miles ahead when it comes to the mental side of the game.

Gibson for me.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
I thought Subban was very good up until the final game, then still OK in the final game despite letting in 4 goals. Gibson was truly outstanding though, top goalie of the tournament so far. Great size, technique and composure, solid athleticism too, and consistently excellent at every level he's played at so far, he's a hell of a goalie prospect. I like Subban quite a bit, but if I could add just one of these goalies to my team, it would be Gibson.

IHWR

The Chiropractor
Jul 25, 2006
Ottawa, ON
Until I see Subban successfully make one blocker side save, I'll take Gibson.

Subban reminds me a lot of Marc-Andre Fleury at the same age. Super athletic and lanky but lacking so many of the fundamentals. He relies on his reflexes too much and has a lot of difficulties holding his position in net and tends to slide around instead of staying set. For Fleury, he had to spend a few season specifically working on slowing down and his positioning (which is still a work in progress at times) and I think Subban is going to have to do the same. Loads of raw skill and potential but he needs to harness it or he'll get eaten alive in the pros.

hockeykid87

Apr 7, 2008
Anyone blaming Subban for that loss needs to give their head a shake. Didn't have a hope in hell on the first two goals, even the third one was iffy. Should have had the 4th one. Gibson played unbelievable in that game, but I think Subban will end up being the better goalie in the long run

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I think a lot of people are enraptured by Subban's upside (especially since he's kind of a late bloomer), but the reality is there is a solid chance that's never realized. Gibson's technique is significantly better and he's Subban's equal athletically. I just don't see how they are in the same conversation. Gibson literally does everything better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->