[ANA] Gibson or [BOS] Subban?

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto
Subban . Kid will be the steal of the 2012 draft.

Its absolutely unbelievable how good at hockey this kid is. Belleville is 18-9-3 this year, which is good for first place in their division. This is where the whacky part comes in. Malcolm’s brother Jordon (a 5'9 2013 draft eligible defenseman) is leading the team in scoring with 6g 16a and 22p in 31 GP. The team ranks DEAD LAST in goals for with 80. However the team is #1 in the league in goals against at 75. They are a mere +5 in the goals for department, however have managed to be a +9 in the wins department. This is in large part is thankful to a fantastic goaltender that performs unbelievably well under pressure..

Last edited:

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Subban NO CONTEST. Kid will be the steal of the 2012 draft.

Its absolutely unbelievable how good at hockey this kid is. Belleville is 18-9-3 this year, which is good for first place in their division. This is where the whacky part comes in. Malcolm’s brother Jordon (a 5'9 2013 draft eligible defenseman) is leading the team in scoring with 6g 16a and 22p in 31 GP. The team ranks DEAD LAST in goals for with 80. However the team is #1 in the league in goals against at 75. They are a mere +5 in the goals for department, however have managed to be a +9 in the wins department. This is in large part is thankful to a fantastic goaltender that performs unbelievably well under pressure..

Wow, that is actually pretty impressive...

Gibson

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
Can't go wrong with either one, but Subban is the best goalie I've seen coming through the OHL in a long time. He also seems to be on a nice progression slope as well.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I'm going to say Gibson for purely selfish reasons, but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
I've never liked P.K but I think Malcolm is a top 3 goalie prospect at any age group outside of the NHL right now (Not including locked out NHLers) Such a natural, kind of have to be when you only start at 12 years old...

Last edited by a moderator:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Subban, better physical tools so more upside and he's at least as good in the OHL (he doesn't get to play behind Kitchener).

I wouldn't say Gibson is benefiting from Kitchener's system, I'd say it the other way around. He regularly keeps them in games.

The system in Kitchener only works because of him. Kind of like how the Rangers system is dependent upon Lundqvist.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
They're both great and goalie prospects are some of the most difficult to project, so I went with the homer vote.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Good poll.

Pretty much identical stats, and potential IMO. Both great prospects.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Subban, better physical tools so more upside and he's at least as good in the OHL (he doesn't get to play behind Kitchener).

I wouldn't say he has better physical tools. Gibson is bigger and more technically sound. I get Subban's "athleticism" but that's only one key to being a successful NHL goaltender.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Lol wow, I didn't even know until you pointed that out. But yeah, if Gibson turns out great, it won't be long before irrational people start blame Burke for trading the pick.

to blame*. And they're both really good, think I'll go with Subban though, really like what I've seen from him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->