Confirmed Signing with Link: [ANA] G Tomas Suchanek signs ELC with the Ducks (3 years, $870k AAV; begins 2024-25)

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
One of the few bright spots this year in NHL or AHL. He definitely deserves this contract, hopefully he can be a future backup at the NHL level.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Ducks goalie depth looking really good. Sadly the time to have traded Gibson has likely come and gone.
Agree with this... He said he wanted a trade. He had value. He was convetted by some teams. This was clearly a rebuild year (which looks like it is going well) and the ducks should've traded him by now to a contender. Unless I have completely misunderstood the situation.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
His AHL numbers are pretty amazing for a 20 year-old…and you look at his team and Calle Clang, a good prospect in his own right, and Alex Stalock, an NHL experienced vet are both sitting sub-0.900 while Suchanek is nearly 0.920. The Gulls are not some powerhouse team like Hershey either, second to last in their division and he’s doing this.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Agree with this... He said he wanted a trade. He had value. He was convetted by some teams. This was clearly a rebuild year (which looks like it is going well) and the ducks should've traded him by now to a contender. Unless I have completely misunderstood the situation.

Gibson has checked out, kinda don’t blame him but Dostal is looking to be a starter in the NHL so he is more motivated , a decision needs to be made because Verbeek wants to be competing for playoffs next season. Tall order but the Ducks would not be this bad if not for all the injuries.

Would give Dostal more starts in the final 12 games and see how he does.

It’s been one of those seasons where you say “we can’t still be this bad” . lot of crap has happened and it’s really not one or two things that are the issue. But will say this, goaltending is not one of those issues.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Czechboy

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Gibson has checked out, kinda don’t blame him but Dostal is looking to be a starter in the NHL so he is more motivated , a decision needs to be made because Verbeek wants to be competing for playoffs next season. Tall order but the Ducks would not be this bad if not for all the injuries.

Would give Dostal more starts in the final 12 games and see how he does.

It’s been one of those seasons where you say “we can’t still be this bad” . lot of crap has happened and it’s really not one or two things that are the issue. But will say this, goaltending is not one of those issues.
I do. He's a professional. He's in the 5th year of an 8 year contract that pays him $51.2M. He needs to show up for work every day and put forth a good attitude and effort just like the fans that help pay him that $51.2M do. Publicly pouting, showing up teammates, and mailing it in are unacceptable behavior. His attitude is not a positive in the locker room. He needs to be gone this summer. I don't care how, just get him out of here.

Reactions: Walkenthewalk

Ducks

May 29, 2007
Tustin
If the hockey gods have determined anything for the Ducks, it's:

1. Ducks must always drop out of 1st overall position in a draft lottery.
2. Ducks must always be well-stocked in goal.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I do. He's a professional. He's in the 5th year of an 8 year contract that pays him $51.2M. He needs to show up for work every day and put forth a good attitude and effort just like the fans that help pay him that $51.2M do. Publicly pouting, showing up teammates, and mailing it in are unacceptable behavior. His attitude is not a positive in the locker room. He needs to be gone this summer. I don't care how, just get him out of here.
i know gibson hasn't been good, but the hate he gets from this fanbase is crazy. so many people think they're body language experts lol. Gibson has never done any of the stuff you're accusing him of. you don't know what kind of impact he is in the locker room. he's just a below average goalie on a horrible team.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
i know gibson hasn't been good, but the hate he gets from this fanbase is crazy. so many people think they're body language experts lol. Gibson has never done any of the stuff you're accusing him of. you don't know what kind of impact he is in the locker room. he's just a below average goalie on a horrible team.
It isn't just about body language even though that's the drum you like to keep beating. And it isn't just about not being good. He's a horses ass to anybody who cares to pay attention across a few seasons. It's obvious he doesn't want to be here. His attitude when being interviewed reeks of not wanting to be interviewed. How many times has he gotten "sick" and pulled himself after 2 periods of a lousy game? And it isn't the coach pulling him, we always get told he got "sick".

Some people just like to keep making excuses for him because the team in front of him sucks. He's being payed to be a professional. He needs to suck it up and get out there and play and act like a professional. At least until Verbeek can ship his ass out of here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad