Not open for further replies.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
Corto said:
I laughed. Hard.
Then I felt sorry for her.

Silly sport, 1 out of 4 didn't crash in the final. Meh.... :dunno:
I actually felt more sorry for the Canadian snowboarder who took that nasty spill at the beginning of the race and had to be taken off the slopes in a stretcher, that had to hurt.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
Lou is God said:
I actually felt more sorry for the Canadian snowboarder who took that nasty spill at the beginning of the race and had to be taken off the slopes in a stretcher, that had to hurt.
Yeah, I wish they would have given an update on her, you could hear her crying in pain as they carried her off. Hope she's ok.

Actually, one of the ESPN columnists said about Jacobellis that people that showboat end up on their butts, which is where they belong. That sums her up pretty well.

Anyway, stupid column. The insecure people who feel a need to post stuff like this make me laugh.

sabresrat

Jan 30, 2006
Destiny
A lot of people whining about the article seem to gloss over the fact that Team USA has suffered several unexpected losses, and hubris played a large part in at least two (Women's Hockey and Snowboard Cross).

This is a serious issue that should be addressed for future games.

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
sabresrat said:
A lot of people whining about the article seem to gloss over the fact that Team USA has suffered several unexpected losses, and hubris played a large part in at least two (Women's Hockey and Snowboard Cross).
As they say, **** happens. That's what makes the Olympics interesting IMO. For every bad story there is a good one, a fact which is being ignored here it seems.

This is a serious issue that should be addressed for future games.
How do you suggest they do that? If you don't figure out not to be an ******* in the sandbox, you're never going to learn it.

btn

Gone Hollywood
Feb 27, 2002
ATL
Visit site
The writer of the yahoo article claims to be upset at the number of medals, yet the two teams/people he singles out are the US women who will likely medal and the snowboarder who got silver. The vast majority of the US athletes at these games are normal people who work normal jobs and live normal lives. Sorry, but I just don't buy this "the whole US Olympic team are spoiled brats and reflect poorly upon us" angle.

Drury77

May 7, 2002
Clarksville, TN
www.geocities.com
These Olympics are lackluster at best. The American performance has been highly disappointing, and we've had some athletes who have acted arrogant & holier than thow, but I really only cared about the Men's hockey anyhow.

By the way the Men's Skeleton, was a blast to watch, two Canadiens fighting it out for gold............gotta love that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->