American Prospect Update Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Who’s reporting Smilanic was invited?

Bordeleau was invited, but he could decline.

The players receive invites with a small window to review and decide. They could decline as Kaliyev did last year.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
completely off topic, have to be as competitive with everything USA Hockey - just saw how close this thread is to the Sweden prospect thread - keep them US posts coming boys!!!!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
No Wyatt Schingoethe?

EDIT: Of course list incomplete/not official yet, just figured he'd be in the mix. If Notre Dame is up there with most commits, assume he or Strand might still be getting an offer?

Last edited:

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
From Priority Selection:

FORWARDS
- Latsch, Tanner (Wisconsin)
- McKown, Hunter (Not Committed)
- Peterson, Dylan (Boston University)
- Slaggert, Landon (Notre Dame)
- Stranges, Antonio (Michigan)
- Tuch, Luke (Boston University)
DEFENSE
- Laatsch, Daniel (Wisconsin)
- Powell, Eamon (Boston College)
- Truscott, Jacob (Michigan)
UPDATE: This list has been corrected with the removal of Wyatt Schingoethe.

Reactions: clevelandcane

Firecracker

Jul 3, 2015
No Wyatt Schingoethe?

EDIT: Of course list incomplete/not official yet, just figured he'd be in the mix. If Notre Dame is up there with most commits, assume he or Strand might still be getting an offer?
I believe strand got an invite

SK94

Apr 11, 2016
When USA hockey makes a official announcement of the final roster?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
USA Hockey NTDP Evaluation Camp Prospect Rankings

Another high evaluation of Kunz. If he really didn't make this team, it will be very interesting to hear as to why.

Seems like Kirwan and Schingoethe have really seen their stock decline over the past year. In contrast, that UMD recruiting class is starting to look amazing. All four of the UMD kids seem to have come away from this both impressing scouts and potentially having offers.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
“It's a really heavily-favoured route,” he said of the league. “I'd love to be a part of it. I'm looking to play in a really good league next year, so the OHL would probably be a good option.”

We're not good enough for Stephen. But seriously, I wish him the best, he clearly has his mind set moving to Toronto so young. So does he not even have Canadian parents or parent? So no matter what he wont be able to play for Canada right?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
“It's a really heavily-favoured route,” he said of the league. “I'd love to be a part of it. I'm looking to play in a really good league next year, so the OHL would probably be a good option.”

We're not good enough for Stephen. But seriously, I wish him the best, he clearly has his mind set moving to Toronto so young. So does he not even have Canadian parents or parent? So no matter what he wont be able to play for Canada right?
haven't seen anything that suggests that he can play for Canada - US kid that wants to play up North - 6'4 good lord!!!

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Doesn't appear to be clear if he's a duel or not. He also played a few years for Oakville at a very young age, adding to the confusion.

JiggsNY

Sep 14, 2016
New York
Per the OHL, Stephen Halliday only has American citizenship. Interesting to see him fall to the 3rd round after most assumed he spurned a potential NTDP camp invite because he was set on the OHL.
This is such an interesting situation, the NTDP stays away because they think he's surefire going to the OHL, and then OHL clubs stay away becuase?? they think he might go NCAA? I dont understand how both sides could each think such opposite things.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Will be interesting to track his progression. I saw him play at a tournament in Toronto, and while he was one of the better players on the team, he didn't look like a star. He's also a Hughes brother though, and i'm thinking he'll steeply improve due to training. A little like how Matt Strome did.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Will be interesting to track his progression. I saw him play at a tournament in Toronto, and while he was one of the better players on the team, he didn't look like a star. He's also a Hughes brother though, and i'm thinking he'll steeply improve due to training. A little like how Matt Strome did.

Not sure if it’s true or just the family-name hype, but I’ve heard he’s improved a lot this year. I’m sure he’ll be in the running for the NTDP next year regardless. He’s obviously not likely to have Jack’s ceiling, but I’m interested to see how he tracks compared to Quinn. They’re both defenseman, and Quinn wasn’t that hyped when he joined the NTDP.

Daneurism

Nov 13, 2010
Not sure if it’s true or just the family-name hype, but I’ve heard he’s improved a lot this year. I’m sure he’ll be in the running for the NTDP next year regardless. He’s obviously not likely to have Jack’s ceiling, but I’m interested to see how he tracks compared to Quinn. They’re both defenseman, and Quinn wasn’t that hyped when he joined the NTDP.

Yeah, must have been concerns with his size, as to why he wasn't super hyped. Didn't fit the Gildon/Wilde mold. I know a few ohl scouts were absolutely enamoured with his skill set in his minor midget year.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->