American Dream's First Round Mock Draft

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I know a lot of people are putting out their top 30 players for this draft, so I felt why not me too!! I am not going to list just the top 30 prospects, but I am going to do a mock draft as to how I see these guys getting picked in the draft...plus add the next 20 to make it the top 50! I am not going to put in depth bios on these players, because by now, if you don't know who they are, my opinion isn't going to matter to you anyways. If you feel I am too high or too low on a player, thats fine, I am just throwing some things out there that might not fit the public norm of this board. Thanks again for looking.

2007 NHL ENTRY DRAFT FIRST ROUND

#1. Chicago Blackhawks - Pat Kane (rw)- some dont like this kid, others think he will be a franchise player. I fall inbetween those two assesments. I feel he is the most offensively gifted player in this years draft, and can play in the NHL next season if needed...which we know Chi does need.

#2. Philadelphia Flyers- James VanRiemsdyk (lw)- power forward, who has the most NHL ready shot and size combination out of any player in the draft. Philly loves these bigger powerforwards i.e. Potulny, Umberger, Steve Downie..JVR will be no exception.

#3. Phoenix Coyotes- Kyle Turris (c)- Wayne sometimes goes off the board with his picks, Blake Wheeler case in point, but I think they want a highly skilled offensive threat to go along Mueller, and Turris should fit the bill. Hasnt played in a very tough league, but you cant discredit his talent.

#4. Los Angeles Kings- Karl Alzner (d)- He is the most NHL ready defensemen in the draft. May never win a Norris, or be a league leader for d-men scoring, but he does all the little things right. Very safe pick, which is exactly what L.A. needs, guys who can jump up soon and do the job effectively.

#5. Washington Capitals- Max Pacioretty (lw)- I know this pick goes off the board, and isn't a center which is kind of what Wash needs..amongst many other things. But I feel they will take a gamble on this kid, who IMO is the best powerforward in the draft. May be a few years away before we really see what he can do at college, but I think he will turn out to be on of the best players in this draft.

#6. Edmonton Oilers- Jakub Voracek (rw)- Another safe pick in many eyes, has solid size and skating ability. Some think he may go #2 to Philly, but imo I think this is the perfect slot and team for him. The Oilers needs some size upfront and Jakub will definitely be able to help with that in 1-2 years at the most.

#7. Columbus Bluejackets- Sam Gagner (c)- Sam might be gone by this pick, especially if Washington wants a center, but Columbus desperately needs some offense, and I think this kid is the best pick for them. May get overshadowed by Kane, but Gagner holds his own with his tremendous playmaking ability, and his above average speed.

#8. Boston Bruins- Alexei Cherepanov (rw)- down, down, down..thats where people see him going. If you believe the RLR and Mr. Woodlief amongst others then he won't be a top 10 pick..But IMO, there is no way this guy drops out of the top 10. He could be the next Malkin or the next Sergie Samsanov (latter part of his career). Either way, I can't see Boston passing up on this kids talent regardless of his attitude or work ethic.

#9. St. Louis Blues- Logan Couture (c)- He may not get as much credit as Gagner or Turris, but I don't think you can go wrong with this kid. Even with all his injuries and illnesses, he still put up top notch numbers. He has good size and has great vision, but the knock on him is his skating ability. Might be a risk for some this high, but STL can be patient with him with Oshie, Berglund, and Backes all in the ranks at center.

#10. Florida Panthers- Keaton Ellerby (d)- The kid has great size, and a booming shot from the point. Will he be the second d-man taken?? I don't know if he will, but I feel he is another safe pick. For his size he can skate pretty well, but some wonder why he hasn't "lit" up the CHL with all that size and talent.

#11. Carolina Hurricanes- Kevin Shattenkirk (d)- I think there is not another d-man in this draft that has more upside then Kevin. I have a feeling he won't be around come this pick, but as much as he has that upside, there are also questions. His defensive play is one of them. I don't think that is accurate because it always seems that offensive minded d-men get bad raps on their defensive side, Kevin included.

#12. Montreal Canadiens- Nick Petrecki (d)- Montreal may lose a d-man or 2 this summer or next summer, so it is not out of the rhealm of possibility that they will draft Nick. Probably the best all-around defensemen in the draft..just doesnt do anything at an above average level to be considered top 10...except for hitting. Montreal loves to take American d-men in their drafts, why change the formula on this safe pick?? imagine Petrecki and Komisarek together?? ouch!!!

#13. Toronto Maple Leafs- Angelo Esposito (c)- Many are down on him, but in all fairness I think this kid will turn out alright. Many compare him to Alexandre Daigle, which may be dead on, but I think he can make a name for himself if someone gives him a chance. I think the Leafs is a perfect place for him to grow and not be rushed to the NHL right away. imo.

#14. Colorado Avalanche- Billy Sweatt (lw)- IMO, this is the 2007 version of Zach Parise. Questions about his scoring ability and not overwhelming size have some people putting him at late first round to early second. I have him going here, and why not? Perfect fit for the hometown kid, and in all honesty, most teams will be kicking themselves in the rear for not taking him sooner. Explosive speed, solid hands, all around great player.

#15. Edmonton Olilers- John Blum (d)- For 2 years now he has performed at an above average level in the WHL, showing great offensive talent and instincts. Gets knocked for his lack of size and his defensive play.. but, if you want a Brian Rafalski type player, there isnt another one in the draft that is capable of being that for you. I like the kid, and he could turn out to be a steal in the new NHL.

#16. Anaheim Ducks- Zach Hamill (c)- I really like this kid. I think he is underated, and gets knocked for his size like Kane does. I have him at 16, but this kid could go higher in the draft. Lead the WHL in scoring, and has improved every season in the WHL. Some say his skating isn't up to snuff for a smaller player, but those are things that can be worked on. Anaheim loves these kinds of players.

#17. New York Rangers- Ryan McDonagh (d)- this is THE player that will go very high, or be the final pick in the first round imo.. upside, upside, upside is all people can talk about this kid. The kid can skate, hit, pass, shoot, and play defense with the best of them in this draft..but where did he do all this at? Very hard to judge a highschooler, that is why he is being talked about as either a feast or famine player. Him and Sanguinetti could be a powerful duo for NYR for a decade to come.

#18. Calgary Flames- Maxim Mayorov (lw)- he has amazing offensive skills, and pretty solid size. Another guy who can go up or down depending on if a gm loves this kid. Calgary could use some more offense in their system, if he is still on the board, bank on them getting him instead of Sutter.

#19. Minnesota Wild- Pat White (c)- Like Petrecki, plays in the USHl, and if in another league could go higher. Will play college next season for Minnesota I believe, so that will be a good indication of how he competes against top level talent. I think he is one of those complete players, who imo could turn out to be the BEST sniper in the draft. Kid has an amazing shot and amazing accuracy. The Wild would love to have this homegrown talent in the fold..mo

#20. Pittsburg Penguins- Lars Eller (c/lw)- eventhough Pitt needs other things besides a center, I can't see them passing up on the BPA at this point. I like Eller a lot, and just because he doesn't play in a hockey hotbed, I think it would be unwise for teams to pass up on this kid. He has solid size and solid skating ability, just not many players come from Denmark, so the level of competition is not the greatest. Worth the risk imo.

#21. Phoenix Coyotes- Brett Maclean (lw)- I like this kids size and I love what he did at Oshawa this year. He may have gotten a lot of help because of Tavares, but I think teams again would miss out if they used that train of thought. He has a knack for the net, and isnt afraid to use his solid 6-1 200 lb frame. Another safe pick, who should have no problems being a second-third line NHLer.

#22. Montreal Canadiens- Oscar Moller (rw)- Looked pretty good at the U-18's, dont think he really helped or hurt his stock there. But he did have a very solid season in the WHL which is not an easy transition for any Euro player. I think he isn't as good as Hamill or White, but he could surprise come draft day and make it into the top 15.

#23. Philadelphia Flyers- David Perron (rw)- I thought he stepped up and did at great job at the Q this year. Another one of those boarderline forwards (5-10/5-11..170-180 lbs) who can easily grow a little more before NHL duty. I dont think he will be a gamebreaker or a first line player, but definitely has the skills to be a top 6 player if all the cards fall into place.

#24. St Louis Blues- Tommy Cross (d)- Already has an NHL frame and shot. Easily can sneak into the late first round, as the Blues wouldn't mind picking up another solid d-man. Has a few years to go before he can really be judged, but Boston College awaits him in 2 years. Solid safe pick, who plays an all-around minded game.

#25. Vancouver Canucks- Ian Cole (d)- Just like Cross, has tons of upside but doesn't play against the greatest competition in the world. I think Cole has more of a bust potential then Cross, but I feel some team will take him in the first round. His potential has a lot of people high on him, and I think the Canucks could use another young d-man like him. Will need all 4 years in college.

#26. St Louis Blues- Colton Gillies (c)- has fallen on many lists including mine. his numbers need to better imo to warrant anything higher then this. He has size, but so do others like Pacioretty. He still could turn out to be a nice NHLer, or could just as easily be the next Barret Heisten..good size, but no offense what-so-ever.

#27. Detroit Redwings- Thomas Hickey (d)- gets the same knock as Jon Blum..smallish for a d-man. But this kid also can play the game and put up some serious points for a defenseman. Another guy who could fluctuate come draft day..I may have him later then others, thats just because I am trying to play 30 gm's, and it only takes 1 to really like this kid. ANother Rafalski type player. The new NHL needs more of these guys. imo.

#28. Washington Capitals- Jimmy O'Brien (c)- Another solid sized player, but one who like Gillies didn't put up the numbers that many expected. He is the guy that I think could easily fall out of the first round and swap out with Mike Hoeffel. He still is very raw and played on a loaded UofM team. Put up great numbers at the U-18's, which has salvaged his first round status in my head. Draft on promise and potential with this kid, not on what he has done this year..imo.

#29. Edmonton Oilers (assuming Ottawa wins)- Brandon Sutter(c)- I dont really get this kid, or the hype he gets. I think he will be an NHLer, but I don't know why he gets ranked as high as he does with the numbers that he has. His 2 years at Red Deer where underwhelming, as is his speed and passing. Has great hockey sense(duh, hes a Sutter!), but he needs more then just his name to go any higher then this. Safe pick for a third line-fourth line center.

#30. Ottawa Senators-Eric Tangradi (lw)- my sleepr pick. Every draft a player or two comes out of nowhere to wind up in the first round..well here is mine. I love the way this kid plays, and his playoff performance with the Belleville Bulls has risen himself in many eyes. His regular season stats weren't much to call home about, but neither were some of the other players ranked to go in the first round. Another great sized player 6'3 210 lb, who actually can use his size to get to the front of the net. This is MY BIG RISER!!

best of the rest imo..

#31 Mike Hoeffel (lw)
#32. Mark Katic (d)
#33. Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i (lw)
#34. Joakim Andersson (c)
#35 T.J Brennan (d)
#36 Jeremy Smith (g)
#37. Michal Repik (rw)
#38. John Negrin (d)
#39. Alex Plante (d)
#40. Nick Larson (c)
#41. Joe Lavin (d)
#42. Dana Tyrell (c)
#43. Mikael Backlund (c)
#44. Joel Gistedt (g)
#45. Colby Cohen (d)
#46. Olivier Fortier (c)
#47. Zach Torquato (c)
#48. Vladimir Ruzicka (c)
#49. Eric Doyle (d)
#50. Teddy Ruth (d)

thats my top 50. Obviously I am not a scout, this is just my opinion of where these guys will get drafted. If there is something that you dont like, thats fine, we all have different opinions. thanks.

Last edited:

kostitsyn1489

Jun 18, 2006
Louiseville, Quebec
Great job, but I dont see Moller drafted by the Habs. I like him, but I just dont see it happen. Same thing with Petricky I think.

Shattenkirk, McDonagh and Cole are better choice for the Habs I think, but overall it's really good!

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Great job, but I dont see Moller drafted by the Habs. I like him, but I just dont see it happen. Same thing with Petricky I think.

Shattenkirk, McDonagh and Cole are better choice for the Habs I think, but overall it's really good!

hey not a prob.. I for some reason just see Petrecki as a Hab, and I am surprised that you would want Cole over him.. interesting. thanks for the comments though.

buddahsmoka1

Nov 15, 2006
Good job man. I really like your top 10. As for the 22nd pick, I think Montreal would rather pick Perron than Moller though.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Good job man. I really like your top 10. As for the 22nd pick, I think Montreal would rather pick Perron than Moller though.

thanks! hahahaha, 2 out of 2 replies has Montreal not taking Moller!! What the heck is up?? I thought I was playing a smart gm, but I guess not. Why are you guys down on Moller? Just curious, I think its a toss up for Moller and Perron imo. but thanks for the comments, and for reading.

BuddehJuS

Nov 25, 2006
I know a lot of people are putting out their top 30 players for this draft, so I felt why not me too!! I am not going to list just the top 30 prospects, but I am going to do a mock draft as to how I see these guys getting picked in the draft...plus add the next 20 to make it the top 50! I am not going to put in depth bios on these players, because by now, if you don't know who they are, my opinion isn't going to matter to you anyways. If you feel I am too high or too low on a player, thats fine, I am just throwing some things out there that might not fit the public norm of this board. Thanks again for looking.

2007 NHL ENTRY DRAFT FIRST ROUND

#1. Chicago Blackhawks - Pat Kane (rw)- some dont like this kid, others think he will be a franchise player. I fall inbetween those two assesments. I feel he is the most offensively gifted player in this years draft, and can play in the NHL next season if needed...which we know Chi does need.

#2. Philadelphia Flyers- James VanRiemsdyk (lw)- power forward, who has the most NHL ready shot and size combination out of any player in the draft. Philly loves these bigger powerforwards i.e. Potulny, Umberger, Steve Downie..JVR will be no exception.

#3. Phoenix Coyotes- Kyle Turris (c)- Wayne sometimes goes off the board with his picks, Blake Wheeler case in point, but I think they want a highly skilled offensive threat to go along Mueller, and Turris should fit the bill. Hasnt played in a very tough league, but you cant discredit his talent.

#4. Los Angeles Kings- Karl Alzner (d)- He is the most NHL ready defensemen in the draft. May never win a Norris, or be a league leader for d-men scoring, but he does all the little things right. Very safe pick, which is exactly what L.A. needs, guys who can jump up soon and do the job effectively.

#5. Washington Capitals- Max Pacioretty (lw)- I know this pick goes off the board, and isn't a center which is kind of what Wash needs..amongst many other things. But I feel they will take a gamble on this kid, who IMO is the best powerforward in the draft. May be a few years away before we really see what he can do at college, but I think he will turn out to be on of the best players in this draft.

#6. Edmonton Oilers- Jakub Voracek (rw)- Another safe pick in many eyes, has solid size and skating ability. Some think he may go #2 to Philly, but imo I think this is the perfect slot and team for him. The Oilers needs some size upfront and Jakub will definitely be able to help with that in 1-2 years at the most.

#7. Columbus Bluejackets- Sam Gagner (c)- Sam might be gone by this pick, especially if Washington wants a center, but Columbus desperately needs some offense, and I think this kid is the best pick for them. May get overshadowed by Kane, but Gagner holds his own with his tremendous playmaking ability, and his above average speed.

#8. Boston Bruins- Alexei Cherepanov (rw)- down, down, down..thats where people see him going. If you believe the RLR and Mr. Woodlief amongst others then he won't be a top 10 pick..But IMO, there is no way this guy drops out of the top 10. He could be the next Malkin or the next Sergie Samsanov (latter part of his career). Either way, I can't see Boston passing up on this kids talent regardless of his attitude or work ethic.

#9. St. Louis Blues- Logan Couture (c)- He may not get as much credit as Gagner or Turris, but I don't think you can go wrong with this kid. Even with all his injuries and illnesses, he still put up top notch numbers. He has good size and has great vision, but the knock on him is his skating ability. Might be a risk for some this high, but STL can be patient with him with Oshie, Berglund, and Backes all in the ranks at center.

#10. Florida Panthers- Keaton Ellerby (d)- The kid has great size, and a booming shot from the point. Will he be the second d-man taken?? I don't know if he will, but I feel he is another safe pick. For his size he can skate pretty well, but some wonder why he hasn't "lit" up the CHL with all that size and talent.

#11. Carolina Panthers- Kevin Shattenkirk (d)- I think there is not another d-man in this draft that has more upside then Kevin. I have a feeling he won't be around come this pick, but as much as he has that upside, there are also questions. His defensive play is one of them. I don't think that is accurate because it always seems that offensive minded d-men get bad raps on their defensive side, Kevin included.

#12. Montreal Canadiens- Nick Petrecki (d)- Montreal may lose a d-man or 2 this summer or next summer, so it is not out of the rhealm of possibility that they will draft Nick. Probably the best all-around defensemen in the draft..just doesnt do anything at an above average level to be considered top 10...except for hitting. Montreal loves to take American d-men in their drafts, why change the formula on this safe pick?? imagine Petrecki and Komisarek together?? ouch!!!

#13. Toronto Maple Leafs- Angelo Esposito (c)- Many are down on him, but in all fairness I think this kid will turn out alright. Many compare him to Alexandre Daigle, which may be dead on, but I think he can make a name for himself if someone gives him a chance. I think the Leafs is a perfect place for him to grow and not be rushed to the NHL right away. imo.

#14. Colorado Avalanche- Billy Sweatt (lw)- IMO, this is the 2007 version of Zach Parise. Questions about his scoring ability and not overwhelming size have some people putting him at late first round to early second. I have him going here, and why not? Perfect fit for the hometown kid, and in all honesty, most teams will be kicking themselves in the rear for not taking him sooner. Explosive speed, solid hands, all around great player.

#15. Edmonton Olilers- John Blum (d)- For 2 years now he has performed at an above average level in the WHL, showing great offensive talent and instincts. Gets knocked for his lack of size and his defensive play.. but, if you want a Brian Rafalski type player, there isnt another one in the draft that is capable of being that for you. I like the kid, and he could turn out to be a steal in the new NHL.

#16. Anaheim Ducks- Zach Hamill (c)- I really like this kid. I think he is underated, and gets knocked for his size like Kane does. I have him at 16, but this kid could go higher in the draft. Lead the WHL in scoring, and has improved every season in the WHL. Some say his skating isn't up to snuff for a smaller player, but those are things that can be worked on. Anaheim loves these kinds of players.

#17. New York Rangers- Ryan McDonagh (d)- this is THE player that will go very high, or be the final pick in the first round imo.. upside, upside, upside is all people can talk about this kid. The kid can skate, hit, pass, shoot, and play defense with the best of them in this draft..but where did he do all this at? Very hard to judge a highschooler, that is why he is being talked about as either a feast or famine player. Him and Sanguinetti could be a powerful duo for NYR for a decade to come.

#18. Calgary Flames- Maxim Mayorov (lw)- he has amazing offensive skills, and pretty solid size. Another guy who can go up or down depending on if a gm loves this kid. Calgary could use some more offense in their system, if he is still on the board, bank on them getting him instead of Sutter.

#19. Minnesota Wild- Pat White (c)- Like Petrecki, plays in the USHl, and if in another league could go higher. Will play college next season for Minnesota I believe, so that will be a good indication of how he competes against top level talent. I think he is one of those complete players, who imo could turn out to be the BEST sniper in the draft. Kid has an amazing shot and amazing accuracy. The Wild would love to have this homegrown talent in the fold..mo

#20. Pittsburg Penguins- Lars Eller (c/lw)- eventhough Pitt needs other things besides a center, I can't see them passing up on the BPA at this point. I like Eller a lot, and just because he doesn't play in a hockey hotbed, I think it would be unwise for teams to pass up on this kid. He has solid size and solid skating ability, just not many players come from Denmark, so the level of competition is not the greatest. Worth the risk imo.

#21. Phoenix Coyotes- Brett Maclean (lw)- I like this kids size and I love what he did at Oshawa this year. He may have gotten a lot of help because of Tavares, but I think teams again would miss out if they used that train of thought. He has a knack for the net, and isnt afraid to use his solid 6-1 200 lb frame. Another safe pick, who should have no problems being a second-third line NHLer.

#22. Montreal Canadiens- Oscar Moller (rw)- Looked pretty good at the U-18's, dont think he really helped or hurt his stock there. But he did have a very solid season in the WHL which is not an easy transition for any Euro player. I think he isn't as good as Hamill or White, but he could surprise come draft day and make it into the top 15.

#23. Philadelphia Flyers- David Perron (rw)- I thought he stepped up and did at great job at the Q this year. Another one of those boarderline forwards (5-10/5-11..170-180 lbs) who can easily grow a little more before NHL duty. I dont think he will be a gamebreaker or a first line player, but definitely has the skills to be a top 6 player if all the cards fall into place.

#24. St Louis Blues- Tommy Cross (d)- Already has an NHL frame and shot. Easily can sneak into the late first round, as the Blues wouldn't mind picking up another solid d-man. Has a few years to go before he can really be judged, but Boston College awaits him in 2 years. Solid safe pick, who plays an all-around minded game.

#25. Vancouver Canucks- Ian Cole (d)- Just like Cross, has tons of upside but doesn't play against the greatest competition in the world. I think Cole has more of a bust potential then Cross, but I feel some team will take him in the first round. His potential has a lot of people high on him, and I think the Canucks could use another young d-man like him. Will need all 4 years in college.

#26. St Louis Blues- Colton Gillies (c)- has fallen on many lists including mine. his numbers need to better imo to warrant anything higher then this. He has size, but so do others like Pacioretty. He still could turn out to be a nice NHLer, or could just as easily be the next Barret Heisten..good size, but no offense what-so-ever.

#27. Detroit Redwings- Thomas Hickey (d)- gets the same knock as Jon Blum..smallish for a d-man. But this kid also can play the game and put up some serious points for a defenseman. Another guy who could fluctuate come draft day..I may have him later then others, thats just because I am trying to play 30 gm's, and it only takes 1 to really like this kid. ANother Rafalski type player. The new NHL needs more of these guys. imo.

#28. Washington Capitals- Jimmy O'Brien (c)- Another solid sized player, but one who like Gillies didn't put up the numbers that many expected. He is the guy that I think could easily fall out of the first round and swap out with Mike Hoeffel. He still is very raw and played on a loaded UofM team. Put up great numbers at the U-18's, which has salvaged his first round status in my head. Draft on promise and potential with this kid, not on what he has done this year..imo.

#29. Anaheim Ducks (assuming Ottawa wins)- Brandon Sutter(c)- I dont really get this kid, or the hype he gets. I think he will be an NHLer, but I don't know why he gets ranked as high as he does with the numbers that he has. His 2 years at Red Deer where underwhelming, as is his speed and passing. Has great hockey sense(duh, hes a Sutter!), but he needs more then just his name to go any higher then this. Safe pick for a third line-fourth line center.

#30. Ottawa Senators-Eric Tangradi (lw)- my sleepr pick. Every draft a player or two comes out of nowhere to wind up in the first round..well here is mine. I love the way this kid plays, and his playoff performance with the Belleville Bulls has risen himself in many eyes. His regular season stats weren't much to call home about, but neither were some of the other players ranked to go in the first round. Another great sized player 6'3 210 lb, who actually can use his size to get to the front of the net. This is MY BIG RISER!!

best of the rest imo..

#31 Mike Hoeffel (lw)
#32. Mark Katic (d)
#33. Luca :eek::eek::eek::eek:i (lw)
#34. Joakim Andersson (c)
#35 T.J Brennan (d)
#36 Jeremy Smith (g)
#37. Michal Repik (rw)
#38. John Negrin (d)
#39. Alex Plante (d)
#40. Nick Larson (c)
#41. Joe Lavin (d)
#42. Dana Tyrell (c)
#43. Mikael Backlund (c)
#44. Joel Gistedt (g)
#45. Colby Cohen (d)
#46. Olivier Fortier (c)
#47. Zach Torquato (c)
#48. Vladimir Ruzicka (c)
#49. Eric Doyle (d)
#50. Teddy Ruth (d)

thats my top 50. Obviously I am not a scout, this is just my opinion of where these guys will get drafted. If there is something that you dont like, thats fine, we all have different opinions. thanks.

woops....:)

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
McPhee has certainly taken some reaches in his day but since his job isn't altogether secure I think his draft strategy will be fairly conservative with their top pick. Later on I could see the Caps making some more risky picks given their existing prospect base.

If he keeps their top pick (which isn't a sure thing), it's likely to be spent on a player that's thought to be fairly safe and close to being NHL ready...someone like Voracek, Gagner or Alzner. That's my read, at least. Just like LA, Washington is rebuilding and could use as much immediate help as they can get.

kostitsyn1489

Jun 18, 2006
Louiseville, Quebec
thanks! hahahaha, 2 out of 2 replies has Montreal not taking Moller!! What the heck is up?? I thought I was playing a smart gm, but I guess not. Why are you guys down on Moller? Just curious, I think its a toss up for Moller and Perron imo. but thanks for the comments, and for reading.

For Moller I dont know. He has skills, but I'm really high on most defencemen. So in most case I would pick a defencemen over a forward.

For the first round the only forward (except if some really drop low) I would take is Eller. Hell even in the top 6 forward I dont like most of them. VanRiemsdyk is good, Voracek too, but not as much. Beside that I'm not impress at all.

For Cole the first time I saw him play he really impressed me and more I'm watching him more I like him. He looks like a sure-fire top 15 to me. If Shattenkirk and McDonasgh are gone at 12 I wouldnt mind trading down 3-4 spots to take him.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
For Moller I dont know. He has skills, but I'm really high on most defencemen. So in most case I would pick a defencemen over a forward.

For the first round the only forward (except if some really drop low) I would take is Eller. Hell even in the top 6 forward I dont like most of them. VanRiemsdyk is good, Voracek too, but not as much. Beside that I'm not impress at all.

For Cole the first time I saw him play he really impressed me and more I'm watching him more I like him. He looks like a sure-fire top 15 to me. If Shattenkirk and McDonasgh are gone at 12 I wouldnt mind trading down 3-4 spots to take him.

all valid points. we will see what happens come draft day. and as you said with Cole, I also feel he can shoot up real high, just dont know if anyone is going to take him that high..imo

winfive

Apr 10, 2007
Not a bad list although the Oilers have Anaheims pick at #29,don't see them taking Sutter,have enough non-scoring forwards.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
good job americandream:handclap:

i was kind of shocked when i saw pacioretty at #5 but i think we are going to be shocked a couple of times in this draft, so its no impossible. again, very good job:)

Feb 27, 2002
NYC

Good list.

I'm not the sure the Rangers go defense. They have Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti in the system and Girardi and Tyutin are young and already in the NHL.

If they go for a feast or famine guy it would be a forward.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
good job americandream:handclap:

i was kind of shocked when i saw pacioretty at #5 but i think we are going to be shocked a couple of times in this draft, so its no impossible. again, very good job:)

well you have to shake it up a little right?? if not, we all would have the same dang drafts! but in all honesty, I think you are right, we are going to see some weird stuff this draft.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Good list.

I'm not the sure the Rangers go defense. They have Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti in the system and Girardi and Tyutin are young and already in the NHL.

If they go for a feast or famine guy it would be a forward.

I agree with that, and I was hesitant to put McDonagh at that spot...but Sather does like his young d-men, and has drafted American heavy in some drafts, so I thought he would try and hit a homerun with this kid. But you are probably right, if they are going to do a feast or famine, then a probably would be a forward, eventhough they already did that twice, and so far hasnt worked out yet...Jessiman, and Graham.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->