Xbox One EASHL: Am I bad at EASHL?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
You have the attitude of a cherry picker lol...
What’s ur CR?

How is playing high in the ozone and lower in the d zone the attitude of a cherry picker?

My CR is 775. My team crushes D1, we play 6v6 and 3v3

Club stats
GP- 136 G- 228 A- 158 Pts- 386 PIM- 13 S- 720 S%- 31.7 FOW- 644 FOL- 461 FO%- 58.3

Drop in stats
GP- 91 G- 175 A- 71 Pts- 246 S- 470 S%- 37.2 FOW- 247 FOL- 122 FO%- 66.9

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
It’s tough to be a winger and watch your defense get handled by good pressure. No outlet passes are getting out, turnovers before you even get out of your zone. It is hard to let other people fail and just cover the point.
As a winger its your responsibility to get open for those outlets. People who wait at the opposing team's blue line aren't making the defenseman's job any easier. And from experience, the majority seem to think the puck always needs to be moving forward regardless of the availability of the open pass.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Well, judging by your stats youre not way better than the OP...

When did I say I was? I said if you’re barely a PPG player playing 3v3 then you’re not good. Barely PPG playing 6s is not bad. You should be able to light up 3v3 playing drop ins. My PPG for drop ins is 2.7 and my PPG for club is 2.8 (where my team is consistent D1). His is 1.04. Id say your assesssment is a little off.

Buddy asked a question so I gave him an honest response

Reactions: Iron Mosher

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
As a winger its your responsibility to get open for those outlets. People who wait at the opposing team's blue line aren't making the defenseman's job any easier. And from experience, the majority seem to think the puck always needs to be moving forward regardless of the availability of the open pass.

I’ll babysit the defense if I have to. Short outlet passes are fine by me. It’s usually the defense that holds the puck too long and turns the puck over. If you don’t know where you are going with the puck before you get it, you are probably too slow. As for wingers streaking up the boards, they are drawing two defenders out of the defensive zone. That leaves the pivot for a short outlet pass or the defense will have to make their man miss to get out of the zone. It’s not all on the wingers.

Last edited:

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah, short outlet passes can also open up the breakaway passes later on in the game. Opposing teams will start to pinch and that’s when you exploit them and cheat out. Being a winger essentially is anticipating when the puck is going to be turned over.

A big tip that helps a lot is pressing the pass button right before you get to the puck, it’ll let you pass the puck right as you touch it. It’ll help if there’s a relentless forecheck as a d man and it’ll help you create a lot of plays in the o zone and breakout

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
When did I say I was? I said if you’re barely a PPG player playing 3v3 then you’re not good. Barely PPG playing 6s is not bad. You should be able to light up 3v3 playing drop ins. My PPG for drop ins is 2.7 and my PPG for club is 2.8 (where my team is consistent D1). His is 1.04. Id say your assesssment is a little off.

Buddy asked a question so I gave him an honest response

Well, IMO we have different definition of an horrible player... Dont forget ragequits for 3v3.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
The problem is you guys are using stats to justify anything. There's so much more to being good at this game than stats.

I think so too. I poke check tons more than I get penalties for. I cover my guy appropriately, stay in passing lanes, etc... When I play D I'm not that guy that tries to stick handle all the way in because I prefer a good pass and hopefully a good zone entry. I hang out at the point all day, but a lot of times the forwards try being tricky instead of passing it up. I'll shoot if someones in front of the net, but otherwise I try to cycle again. My losing record is mainly 6v6 and because a lot of goalies just suck.

Side note, I'm kinda buzzed when I play after a few adult beverages. I don't think I'm that bad now. Thanks guys!

Oh, and my CR is 401, whatever that means (I know what it stands for).

Last edited:
Reactions: mantha39

ek93

Dec 28, 2014
New York
The problem is you guys are using stats to justify anything. There's so much more to being good at this game than stats.
Definitely agree. In my club, I have:

342 GP/719 G/475 A/1194 PTS

My buddy is probably only 2 PPG, but he plays an incredibly responsible defensive game. I'd say he's more valuable to our team. Anyone can score, but playing solid defense wins games.

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Just as a fresh perspective, I just played a 3v3 as an OD. First period was great, center pulls it back to me, I pass it up to either of the two breaking forwards, then it was 3-0. Forwards got cocky and left me in the lurch, 5-3 before you know it after many 2 on 1's I had to defend. We won, pretty sure it was because of me blocking passes and poke checking.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Just as a fresh perspective, I just played a 3v3 as an OD. First period was great, center pulls it back to me, I pass it up to either of the two breaking forwards, then it was 3-0. Forwards got cocky and left me in the lurch, 5-3 before you know it after many 2 on 1's I had to defend. We won, pretty sure it was because of me blocking passes and poke checking.

My strategy for 2 on 1s is playing the middle, fake jumping the puck carrier near the bottom of the circles by slightly moving over to him and then hold LT and pop over to the other forward right when you think the pass is coming (which will be backdoor, you should know when the pass is coming if you’ve played enough). I’m unreal at 2 on 1s defensively regardless if I’m offense or defense.

Honestly if you can figure out how to use the LT effectively it will really help your game in all aspects. Examples:

If you’re the last one back backchecking and notice the puck being turned over and you hold LT and press up your player should fly backwards up the ice if you have stamin. You just have to let go either when you get far enough up the ice or when you receive the pass. It helps open you up for the pass and you don’t have to start and stop and lose speed/stamina.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
Definitely agree. In my club, I have:

342 GP/719 G/475 A/1194 PTS

My buddy is probably only 2 PPG, but he plays an incredibly responsible defensive game. I'd say he's more valuable to our team. Anyone can score, but playing solid defense wins games.

As someone who mainly plays goalie, I love seeing this.

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
It’s tough to be a winger and watch your defense get handled by good pressure. No outlet passes are getting out, turnovers before you even get out of your zone. It is hard to let other people fail and just cover the point.

It's tough to be a defender and watch your forwards leave the zone as soon as I touch the puck, already at the other teams blue line when I'm still behind the net. Of course no breakouts are gonna happen when there's no outlet passes and it's a 3 on 1 forecheck and I can't see a single guy on my team with the overhead camera.

Reactions: Rahooji

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It's tough to be a defender and watch your forwards leave the zone as soon as I touch the puck, already at the other teams blue line when I'm still behind the net. Of course no breakouts are gonna happen when there's no outlet passes and it's a 3 on 1 forecheck and I can't see a single guy on my team with the overhead camera.

The pivot and your D partner are you short outlet options. You should never be alone against a 3 on 1 forecheck. Stop looking for the wingers to babysit you when you should have options. The kind of breakout you are using should also depend on your team’s play style but I’m sure you already knew that.

Last edited:

Tryblot

Oct 4, 2009
The pivot and your D partner are you short outlet options. You should never be alone against a 3 on 1 forecheck. Stop looking for the wingers to babysit you when you should have options. The kind of breakout you are using should also depend on your team’s play style but I’m sure you already knew that.

I'm talking in drop ins. I know how to play d but it's a little difficult to play when there's no one to pass to.

Reactions: Rahooji

Tom Brady

Legend of all Legends!
Feb 13, 2010
Not bad.

Nowadays i don't care about pts i always play defense, but back in nhl 15 i was all about pts since there was no human goalie to troll. i was second in PPG, i was averaging 2.2 while the guy above me was 2.3.

HughJazz3dg

Jun 27, 2011
If you don’t know whether you’re good, you’re probably bad. If you think you’re good, there’s still a chance you’re bad. Usually good players are constantly asked to play with others.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad