Xbox One EASHL: Am I bad at EASHL?

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
I get booted out of games when I have 4 points. I sometimes take penalties, sometimes a lot because my teammates suck and I try to cover all. I play 3v3 or 6v6, I don't care, I just want to have fun. Are these stats bad:

Gamesplayed:155 Goals: 45 Assists:117 Blocked Shots:18 Takeaways: 289 Hits: 480 PIMs: 284

Am I horrible?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I wouldn't say horrible. But it's impossible to tell without seeing you play.

Do you play your position properly? Points and penalties don't matter if you're the Dman who is never playing his position and is constantly pinching.

Or the winger who constantly is on the wrong side or tries to play center.

If you're not playing your position than yeah I can see why you get booted. If not well then idk, check connection make sure not lagging out.

HasbeenHallzy

May 14, 2015
Sudbury
I play RW and have 174GP 241G 180A 421Pts 14Pims 209shots 28Bs

But all in all it's completely irrelevant if you put up huge numbers, yo me you're bad if you constantly lose your man on D and constantly miss the open man on offense. We have a guy that plays with me pretty much all the time and is at 149Pts in 115GP and I think he's good cause he's always in the right spot and doesn't do anything he knows he can't.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Dylonus

May 4, 2009
Pittsburgh
What position are you? Because if you're playing drop-in games and barely a PPG on offense... I'll be honest; you're bad. Especially if you're playing 3's.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Production is secondary to defensive responsibility in EASHL. Players who try to do too much--especially forwards who constantly cover for defensemen--throw the game out of whack and essentially stifle the team's offense. Play the position properly and don't be a puck hog and you won't get booted as often unless you're prone to egregious mistakes.

As for your stats, you're a PPG--not bad--unless you're a forward. Then it's status quo.

Reactions: mantha39

Flamesfan62

Oct 21, 2016
Prince Edward Island
I play RW and have 174GP 241G 180A 421Pts 14Pims 209shots 28Bs

But all in all it's completely irrelevant if you put up huge numbers, yo me you're bad if you constantly lose your man on D and constantly miss the open man on offense. We have a guy that plays with me pretty much all the time and is at 149Pts in 115GP and I think he's good cause he's always in the right spot and doesn't do anything he knows he can't.
241 G 209 shots?

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
How the hell do you have 2 penalties a game.. You spam stick lift/poke checks way too much

I thought he said it’s most likely because he’s having to be everywhere to cover player or teammate deficiencies. If you do that your player will get gassed quickly and you’ll miss poke checks more.

Drugs Delaney

Peace be with you.
Jan 31, 2013
Colorado
It’s tough to be a winger and watch your defense get handled by good pressure. No outlet passes are getting out, turnovers before you even get out of your zone. It is hard to let other people fail and just cover the point.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Iron Mosher

Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for the replies. I play either wing or D, I like them all. Not center because I can't win face offs, but sometimes I have to. I try to be really defensive because a lot of time my people are on the boards behind the goalie, and yes I poke check and that's how I get penalized stopping breakaways (or trying to).

Oh, by the way, I'm old enough to have owned every rendition of this game. Yeah, I'm old.

Last edited:

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
I haven't really played EASHL in a while, but I used to be quite active in drop-in. (never could find a regular club)

Points are irrelevant. Moreso for defensemen, but overall, it's a mostly valid point. I used to write down names from drop-in that played well for when I would start my own club (never did, lol) and often they weren't that impressive statistically. And some of the worst defensemen I ever played with actually had a lot of points to their name. (partially because most of them cherry-picked the entire game, but not all of them were that way) And the forwards that had a crap-ton of points sometimes ended up being total puck-hogs who'd either score or turn the puck over. (it was usually a turnover 9/10 times)

Your problem, based on what you said rather than any video evidence, seems to be that you're floating in an attempt to cover for bad teammates. Don't do that -- it hurts both you and the team. Play your position and let your teammates figure it out -- 1/5 guys doing their job is a lot better than none of them doing it. By floating around, you're drawing your teammates' attention to the fact that you're not playing your position rather than their own issues. Do your own job and your teammates will eventually realize that you aren't the problem.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Thanks for the replies. I play either wing or D, I like them all. Not center because I can't win face offs, but sometimes I have to. I try to be really defensive because a lot of time my people are on the boards behind the goalie, and yes I poke check and that's how I get penalized stopping breakaways (or trying to).

Oh, by the way, I'm old enough to have owned every rendition of this game. Yeah, I'm old.
As far as faceoffs go, it's all timing. Just watch the refs head, he will look back and forth a few times and then drop it, you gotta time it just right before he drops it

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
I'm my on defense and i have 46gp, 28g, 32a, 13BS, 112TK, 68 hITS, 15 pim. One thing i've noticed about EASHL is that it doesnt register blocked shots correctly cause I know for a fact I have more than 13 blocked shots

Reactions: Iron Mosher

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I thought he said it’s most likely because he’s having to be everywhere to cover player or teammate deficiencies. If you do that your player will get gassed quickly and you’ll miss poke checks more.

You can cover deficiencies without gassing yourself. Play high in the o zone and play lower in the d zone. Don’t go chasing (using your burst) pucks that you’re not going to win. Just glide in. If you do get caught deep in the o zone and the puck is turned over, there’s no point using more than an initial burst to get back. More often than not they’ll score before you get back, turn the puck over to your team or you’ll get back after the initial opportunity

Nadal On Clay

Djokovic > Nadal > Federer
Oct 11, 2017
You can cover deficiencies without gassing yourself. Play high in the o zone and play lower in the d zone. Don’t go chasing (using your burst) pucks that you’re not going to win. Just glide in. If you do get caught deep in the o zone and the puck is turned over, there’s no point using more than an initial burst to get back. More often than not they’ll score before you get back, turn the puck over to your team or you’ll get back after the initial opportunity

You have the attitude of a cherry picker lol...
What’s ur CR?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont

Off topic, but speaking of getting gassed...

One of my friends that I occasionally play with insists that you dont expend energy in 3's on EASHL. As in you could spam the speed boost button the entire game, get wrecked the entire game, etc and be just as fast at the top of the period as you are at the end

I think he's crazy. I feel a significant difference at the start vs the end of the period once I am tired.

Does anyone know the truth here? He's a good player so I am surprised he could be so good without realizing that energy depletes over time, unless I'm wrong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->