Alzner

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
You are correct it is a crapshoot....but you ususally try to pick the guy who has the best chance of being an impact player for your team.

Not quite, in my opinion. Best player available means the best asset, not necessary the best chance of being an impact player. I know it sounds like I'm nitpicking, since those with the best chance of being an impact player is USUALLY the best player, but there are some players who have a slimmer chance of making a greater impact.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
By the end of the year, Logan Couture is likely to be the top ranked prospect in the draft. Alzner will probably be top 5 but I suspect he may start to drop a little in the ranking between now and June.

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
I would not write off Alzner's offense at all, he already has out produced what Phaneuf did in his draft year in terms of total points in about half the games, he has very nice hockey sense from the couple of games I've seen him play, he definitely has the chance to become a solid top pairing defenseman who can score 40-50 points IMO.

As a comparison for Russell, look at how Richie Regehr and Ian White performed in Phaneuf's draft year, they lit up the 'dub, but both are still attempting to establish themselves at the NHL level, whereas the younger Phaneuf has already established himself as an all-star.

Its best not to compare offense potential based on junior stats, it will make you look foolish in the end.

Zusammenhalt

Dump & chase-not a fan of
Jan 18, 2007
Depot Division
My favourite team is Anaheim but since they don't have a first round pick I'd like Alzner to go to Phoenix #7 or Washington #8. Squidy can you see either of those teams having a chance to get Alzner?

Buffalo87

thehosers dot com
Mar 22, 2006
Rochester
My favourite team is Anaheim but since they don't have a first round pick I'd like Alzner to go to Phoenix #7 or Washington #8. Squidy can you see either of those teams having a chance to get Alzner?

There's still a while to go before the draft but right now, I would be surprised if he was around for those picks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->