Player Discussion Alzner

Discussion in 'Montreal Canadiens' started by montreal, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Habs100

Habs100 Registered User

If by some miracle we were able to acquire great players at big contracts in the UFA market (say Tavares) that would have us in cap trouble, I'd rather give up picks (other than 1sts) to a team to take on Alzner's contract.

I don't mind him as a bottom pairing dman since we're not up against the camp.

Plus, he'll be good for the tank this upcoming year.

2. montreal

montreal Go Habs Go

I never expected it, and in fact don't want it as he should help us get a good draft pick again next year. Plus it's kind of funny watching Alzner laying on the ice trying to block a shot or pass only to have the person go around him as he lays there looking like a fish out of water. I can't help but think, I wonder what goes through MB's head when he sees that, the guy that gave him all that money (12M for this past season and next season alone should be a fireable offense) just wonder when he sees that does he still think his defense is better then last years.

3. Captain Wolverine

Captain Wolverine Registered User

Why would they, there isn't much upside to a buyout ATM. Montreal's probably stuck with him for at least the next couple of years.

4. BLONG7

BLONG7 Registered User

Home Page:
    Alzner is a guy who should be making around 2-2.5M which is what he was making in Washington...seems like a great guy and teammate...that's it....................how on gods green earth anyone say him as a UFA who should be signed on the first day of the ufa season is beyond laughable..........and our guy made it happen? I mean really, WTF? I lost all faith in MB when he tripled down on Therrien a couple of years ago...but no way did I think he was this dumb.

Which is why, this offseason has me holding my breath, scared to even remotely imagine what the clown, is quite possibly thinking, of doing...

montreal likes this.
  5. sandviper

sandviper No Ragrets

6. Spearmint Rhino

Spearmint Rhino Registered User

Peanut and WeThreeKings like this.
  7. WeThreeKings

WeThreeKings #1 Centre

So his assessment is he's a good human who found himself on a good team. I mean in any of that what does it tell me how he's a good defenseman who's gonna bounce back?

8. Hot Dog Water Shaw

Hot Dog Water Shaw Registered User

Makes no sense to buy him out now, we aren't going to contend and need the cap space this year so might as well keep him around and hope he can improve rather than have his buyout for 8 years.

He had an awful year, but I found he actually played a lot better later in the year when he was put with Juulsen. I remember Juulsen mentioned Alzner helped him out a lot, just keep him on the third pair for another year or two with the young right D coming up.