All-You-Can-Eat Seats

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-dodgers-allyoucaneat&prov=ap&type=lgns
That's how it goes in the new all-you-can-eat seats way out in right field at Dodger Stadium, where fans wolf down as many Dodger Dogs, nachos, peanuts, popcorn and soda as their bellies allow for one price.

Launched this season, the outfield eat-a-thon opens 90 minutes before the first pitch and lasts until the start of the seventh inning. Ticket prices range from $20 for group sales to $40 for day-of-game walk-ups. Some games are $25 during designated promotions.

Have you seen this? Do you know of any hockey teams who have this sort of promotion? And most importantly, would you go to more games if you could pay a fixed price and eat and drink all you want?

Last edited:

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
I just read this article, and while I think it's an OUTSTANDING idea for baseball, where often it's the cheap seats that go unsold...I think it's a little impractical and unfeasible for hockey. They're trying to find a way to not only charge a little more for the cheap seats...but to sell them at all, and so far it's working. Now, perhaps hockey could use the opposite approach...any seat over 90 or 100 dollars comes with free concession vouchers or something. A complaint I see often is the exorbitant price of not just attending a game...but when all is said and done...a family of four in the lower bowl is already spending 400 dollars on tickets...or more. 4 hot dogs, 3 cokes, and a beer for dad....and then ice cream, popcorn...there's another 50 to 75 dollars. 10 more dollars for parking.

Free food could provide an incentive to purchase those pricier seats, and soften the blow of the expensive tickets.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
A complaint I see often is the exorbitant price of not just attending a game...but when all is said and done...a family of four in the lower bowl is already spending 400 dollars on tickets...or more. 4 hot dogs, 3 cokes, and a beer for dad....and then ice cream, popcorn...there's another 50 to 75 dollars. 10 more dollars for parking.

Free food could provide an incentive to purchase those pricier seats, and soften the blow of the expensive tickets.

When I go to a hockey game, I don’t want to take my whole family (talk about a distraction) and I don’t want to stuff my face with arena food, especially not over-priced delectables such as hot dogs, ice cream, popcorn and coke. I want to concentrate on the game, or the action on the ice, and maybe drink a few pints of beers (preferably of the imported or non-American quality). I would rather save my money and go to a decent restaurant before or after the game. The only excuse for stuffing your face at a hockey game is that you are a corporate suit on the lower end of the chain that arrived probably late with a bunch of other similar suits that were all too busy to find time to get a decent meal before the game or have no time afterwards to do so. I've never understood dining at a strip club either, so maybe my view is skewed? :dunno: JMHO.

GHOST

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
When I go to a hockey game, I don’t want to take my whole family (talk about a distraction) and I don’t want to stuff my face with arena food, especially not over-priced delectables such as hot dogs, ice cream, popcorn and coke. I want to concentrate on the game, or the action on the ice, and maybe drink a few pints of beers (preferably of the imported or non-American quality). I would rather save my money and go to a decent restaurant before or after the game. The only excuse for stuffing your face at a hockey game is that you are a corporate suit on the lower end of the chain that arrived probably late with a bunch of other similar suits that were all too busy to find time to get a decent meal before the game or have no time afterwards to do so. I've never understood dining at a strip club either, so maybe my view is skewed? :dunno: JMHO.

GHOST

That's fine...and I may be inclined to agree, but I'm not talking about the die-hard season ticket holder. Most of us know to, at worst, stop at Wendy's before or after the game...and if anything, maybe a beer while watching. But those that would complain about this kind of thing are the 1-game-every-month-or-two-Mom-Dad-Billy-Suzie that make a family outing of it. I'm just addressing a complaint I've heard across the board.

MAROONSRoad

f/k/a Ghost
Feb 24, 2007
Maroons Rd.
That's fine...and I may be inclined to agree, but I'm not talking about the die-hard season ticket holder. Most of us know to, at worst, stop at Wendy's before or after the game...and if anything, maybe a beer while watching. But those that would complain about this kind of thing are the 1-game-every-month-or-two-Mom-Dad-Billy-Suzie that make a family outing of it. I'm just addressing a complaint I've heard across the board.

I wasn't talking about the die-hard season ticket holder. I was just stating that arena food isn't very good quality/value and I don't like to mix my hockey experience with the so-called culinary experience of arena 'food' because I like to concentrate on the game, not what I'm eating. Others may disagree, which is fine.

GHOST

Last edited:

DevilsFan38

Apr 21, 2004
Jersey
The Devils will offer something kind of like that next year in their new arena, but a lot more upscale. The club seats (2200 of them) cost $200 ($150 for STH's) and will have exclusive access to two private lounges, and all the food there (really good food, not hamburgers and hot dogs) is included in the price of the ticket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->