All-X2 Draft Sign Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laperriere22*

Dr Love said:

I wouldn't read too much into that draft; there are some abysmal selections going on in that draft. I almost feel bad because it's like I'm competing against a few too many teenagers that have little grasp of the history of the game in that draft. There are only a couple of posters in there that are building a real solid team IMO.

monkey_00*

Good day.......

Are we picking coaches last or can they be selected anytime during the draft?

Thanks!~

monkey_00

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
monkey_00 said:
Good day.......

Are we picking coaches last or can they be selected anytime during the draft?

Thanks!~

monkey_00
Any time.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
I decided that while I have a little bit of time I will add a bit of a scouting report on the players I have selected.

#1 Goaltender - Sawchuck: Many have stated he is the greatest goaltender of all time. Played with 5 teams, Detroit, Boston, Toronto, Los Angeles, and the Rangers. Sawchuck was in effect a reflex goaltener, who put less emphasis on the angles that he played, but relied on his reflexes which have been described as explosive. In 971 games he was able to earn 103 shutouts or 1 per every 9.4 games in which he played. He suffered from many injuries which slowed him down in his later years, but when he started out with Detroit he was undeniably great. Plus he was a great playoff tender, as shown by his winning 8 straight games on route to winning the Cup. He was also great in the regular season, as can be seen in his statistics where he went 5 years with a GAA under 2.00.
#2 Goaltender - Vladislav Tretiak: The greatest Russian goaltender ever, if not the greatest European goaltender ever. He has a great record in the Olympics, and in the World Championships. To those who have never seen him play, they will not know how truely great he was. Drafted by the Montreal Canadians.

#1 Defenseman- Slava Fetisov: wayne gretzky called him the greast defenseman he had ever played against. That is enough for me.
#2 Defenseman- Valery Vasiliev: One of the most successful Russian players in the history of the game. He was a flashy blueliner that loved to play physical game with effective and seemingly effortless bodychecking and impressive offensive skills. WC Best Defenceman 1973, 1977, 1979. IIHF All Stars 1974, 1975, 1977, 1979, 1981

# 1 Right Winger - Maurice "The Rocket" Richard: No explination needed, or so I would hope.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
BM67 said:
What could GB possibly have that you might want?
;)
Or what could I have what others want...

I am thinking about putting one of my goaltenders on the market... preferably Tretiak. Everyone remembers him from his CCCP days and his stonewalling of team Canada.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Maxwell Edison said:
Or what could I have what others want...

I am thinking about putting one of my goaltenders on the market... preferably Tretiak. Everyone remembers him from his CCCP days and his stonewalling of team Canada.

IMO the most overrated Russian of all-time. He probably played less than 30 games in his career where his team wasn't a prohibitive favorite.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
John Flyers Fan said:
IMO the most overrated Russian of all-time. He probably played less than 30 games in his career where his team wasn't a prohibitive favorite.

He was a wall. Look at the records that he holds. There is a reason that he was voted the best goaltender at the world championships.

This is the way I think the draft should go by the way, I just want others inputs on the numbers (some spare parts should be there).
3 Goaltenders - Makes people think, and look to other sources and other players and learn a bit more, and that is what this draft should be about IMO.
7 Defensemen - Once again, that this number makes some people think, and look outside the box for some defensemen, that otherwise wouldn't get noticed. Everyone knows who Red Kelly, Bobby Orr, and Harvey are, however I don't think everyone knows some of the other great defensemen in hockey history.
13 Forwards - Allows for a bit more wiggle room.

In total there would be 23 players, which I think is the NHL roster. It seems as though we have a great group of guys here, that would stick around so I say, why not?

KariyaIsGod*

With our next pick, The Winnipeg Jets will select the very underrated, Bill Durnan. He is our number one goaltender and none of your shooters will get pucks by him. I believe his 6 Vezina trophies in a row, speak for themselves... :bow: Not to mention he was also a Team Captain in Montreal...

GB

Mar 6, 2002
UK
Maxwell Edison said:
He was a wall. Look at the records that he holds. There is a reason that he was voted the best goaltender at the world championships.

This is the way I think the draft should go by the way, I just want others inputs on the numbers (some spare parts should be there).
3 Goaltenders - Makes people think, and look to other sources and other players and learn a bit more, and that is what this draft should be about IMO.
7 Defensemen - Once again, that this number makes some people think, and look outside the box for some defensemen, that otherwise wouldn't get noticed. Everyone knows who Red Kelly, Bobby Orr, and Harvey are, however I don't think everyone knows some of the other great defensemen in hockey history.
13 Forwards - Allows for a bit more wiggle room.

In total there would be 23 players, which I think is the NHL roster. It seems as though we have a great group of guys here, that would stick around so I say, why not?
I like this idea, a full NHL roster and a coach is the best way IMO.

monkey_00*

OK guys I'll make my next two selections in just a second........

Peace.

monkey_00*

The Hamilton Tigers are proud to select their 5th pick......known for his stamina, speed and toughness.......4-time Allstar and only one of 5 guys in NHL history to score the Stanley Cup winning goal TWICE and the first one being in 1966 against Detroit to help Montreal capture their "13th" Stanley Cup........winner of ELEVEN Stanley Cups (most by any NHLer alltime) from Montreal Quebec Canada........."the Pocket Rocket"........and one of my two assistant captains:

HENRI RICHARD

monkey_00*

The Hamilton Tigers are proud to select their 6th pick........2-time winner of the Rocket Richard trophy.....one of the fastest skaters to ever dawn a pair of skates in the NHL...........from Moscow Russia.........."The Russian Rocket"....

PAVEL BURE

Henri Richard will be the Captain of our Hamilton Tigers...........Joe Sakic and Larry Robinson the assistants.

Last edited by a moderator:

monkey_00*

Hamilton Tigers
Arena: Copps Coliseum

G- Ken Dryden (5-Vezinas, 6-Stanleys, 1-Conn Smythe, 1-Calder)
G-

D- Larry Robinson (2-Norris, 6-Stanley Cups (as player), 1-Conn Smythe, +120 in 1977)
D-
D-
D-
D-
D-

F- Joe Sakic (1-Hart, 2-Stanley Cups, 1-Conn Smythe, 1-Allstar MVP)
F- Joe "the Phantom" Malone (2-Stanleys, 2-Harts, 44-gs in 20-gms in 1917-18)
F- Henri "Pocket Rocket" Richard (11-Stanley Cups, 1-Masterton, 4-time Allstar)
F- Pavel "Russian Rocket" Bure (2-Rocket Richard trophies)
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-
F-

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad