in NHL history
in any game in any pro legue game

any Answers would be appriciated

1. Gretzky 894
4. Tiger Williams 3966
5. Sittler 10 points

For germany most points and goals
Erich Kühnhackl
724 goals and 1431 points in 774 games (20 years)

Last edited:

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
2. Most Shots on Goal

If you mean in a single game, I think the official record was set by Ray Bourque in the 3-3 game against Quebec and Ron Tugnutt in the early 90s. Don't know his actual total though.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Germany has had a very low level of competition until recent years. Probably wouldn't have done much elsewhere.

It's tough to say. He was the leading scorer at the 1978 World Championships and the 1984 Olympics; tourneys that featured the best players from all of Europe. It's true that the German league he played in wasn't exactly top-notch competition,which may account for the inflated totals he put up there, but that also makes his leading West Germany to bronze at the `76 Olympics all the more impressive.

Apparently John Ferguson tried hard to bring him over to the NHL to play with the Rangers in the late 70s.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
Damn, 2 PPG? Did he ever play anywhere else?

No he didn`t. The Rangers made a real effort for him to vome to the NHL, but funnily he earned more money in the German league at that time. He was THE star of the league. And believe me, he looked like a man among boys when he played (with some very rare exceptions). But his play on the international stage showed (this is the only real comperative you have for him) that he could play with everyone. He was no dwarf or afraid to check. He was 6 foot 5 and he had (I think) about 1200 PIM in his carreer. Playing center, he was immovable in front of the net but was a great passer as well.
OK, I admit, he is one of my favorite players. But still I am objective. ;)

Ogopogo*

No he didn`t. The Rangers made a real effort for him to vome to the NHL, but funnily he earned more money in the German league at that time. He was THE star of the league. And believe me, he looked like a man among boys when he played (with some very rare exceptions). But his play on the international stage showed (this is the only real comperative you have for him) that he could play with everyone. He was no dwarf or afraid to check. He was 6 foot 5 and he had (I think) about 1200 PIM in his carreer. Playing center, he was immovable in front of the net but was a great passer as well.
OK, I admit, he is one of my favorite players. But still I am objective. ;)

The unfortunate thing is he never faced NHL competition so, he could play with everyone else but the jury is out on how he would have done against NHL competition.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site
The unfortunate thing is he never faced NHL competition so, he could play with everyone else but the jury is out on how he would have done against NHL competition.

True, but he played against the Czechoslovakians and Soviets of that time who were no slouches either.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
The NHL Official Guide & Record Book has these stats and more. Amazon, Half.com, etc sells them cheaply if you are interested. Anyway, entering this season, here are some answers:

1. What is the Most goals Scored
Player, r/s game-- 7 Joe Malone for Quebec at Toronto Jan. 31, 1920, 10-6 win.
Player, p/o game -- 5 by five players
Team, r/s game -- 16 Montreal March 3, 1920 at Quebec, in a 16-3 win.
Team p/o game -- 13 Edmonton April 9, 1987 LA at Ed in a 13-3 Edmonton win.

2. Most Shots on Goal
Team, r/s -- 83 Boston vs. Chicago at Boston March 4, 1941 in a 3-2 win.

4. Most PIMs
Team r/s -- 213 Philadelphia March 5, 2004 vs. Ottawa at Philly.
Player r/s -- 67 Randy Holt, LA, March 11, 1979 at Philly
Player p/o -- 42 Dave Schultz, Philadelphia, April 22, 1976 at Toronto

5. Most Points in a Game
Player r/s -- 10 Darryl Sittler, Toronton, vs. Boston, Feb. 7, 1976.
Player p/o --8 (twice) Patrick Sundstrom NJ April 22, 1988 vs. Caps and 8 Mario Lemieux Pittsburgh April 25, 1989 Philly at Pittsburgh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad