All-time NEXT-BEST... draft sign-up thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
KOVALEV10 said:
Hey I'd love to get in.. call my team the "Montreal MaHabs" !! This is so great.. I've been waiting to get in a draft for a year!

Is the MaHabs an actual name?

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There will be NO "next best" mock league

FOUR guys from the all-time draft have requested that I not do this kind of mock draft. or, at least, that I change it substantially to be something it's not.

It seems the all-time draft guys want it to be ONLY for previous all-time draft guys, plus maybe some "assistants".

And to be a farm team, to allow guys previously picked in previous all-time drafts to be sent down to the farm and others promoted.

So, if Benton Fraser, leaf lander or one of the others eager to get that kind of league going instead, do so.

I didn't mean to step on any toes.

I'm going to take a break from mock drafting. It's supposed to be fun.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
What, how can they possibly stop us/you? They do not own the trademark to mock drafting. They certainly did not invent the topic. They do not own this forum. They have a right to tell you not to do it, but no right nor means to stop you. Don't let a bunch of elitists ruin something that's supposed to be fun.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Mr Bugg said:
What, how can they possibly stop us/you? They do not own the trademark to mock drafting. They certainly did not invent the topic. They do not own this forum. They have a right to tell you not to do it, but no right nor means to stop you. Don't let a bunch of elitists ruin something that's supposed to be fun.

I was just offering suggestions, the main one being that there were way to many teams for it to work really well, and that it would be easier just to use the last draft and draft from there, as it would open up the players available to be drafted.

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
It might not be a straight minor league team but it will be a minor league.

I hope you reconsider VanIslander. I thought you had an excellent idea. Why something like this has to be reserved for previous GM's is beyond me. Sounds pretty damn absurd actually. I didn't realize this was some kind of exclusive club.

KOVALEV10*

Rename my team Montreal Maroons if it has to actually be a real team's name. As for canceling this draft just because some other guy from some other draft league told you to would be stupid. :shakehead

Murphy

Apr 2, 2005
Edmonton
VanIslander said:
There will be NO "next best" mock league

FOUR guys from the all-time draft have requested that I not do this kind of mock draft. or, at least, that I change it substantially to be something it's not.

It seems the all-time draft guys want it to be ONLY for previous all-time draft guys, plus maybe some "assistants".

And to be a farm team, to allow guys previously picked in previous all-time drafts to be sent down to the farm and others promoted.

So, if Benton Fraser, leaf lander or one of the others eager to get that kind of league going instead, do so.

I didn't mean to step on any toes.

I'm going to take a break from mock drafting. It's supposed to be fun.

Why not affiliate teams to the ones that don't have a GM participating from the all-time draft X3 and any left over teams run as independants. That way you'd still be drafting as a farm team type theme.

As far as sending players down or calling them up, not sure why anyone would want to do that. Are you going to pretend a player isn't performing or needs a wakeup call?

Again, I think you had an excellent idea Van Islander. I have no idea who I'd be reaching for come the 10th round but it would be pretty damn interesting to say the least.

What do the four GM's that have requested not to do this have to say about this??

Zetterberg4Captain*

Can I be in? If so I select the Bruno Wildcats to be my name.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Ok I figure I have nothing better to do with my time, so why not give this draft a shot. The problem is, 30 is way, way, way to many teams for a draft such as this, and sooner rather than later I can't help but think that it would just make for a draft with players such as Crosby - well I guess not Crosby because some joker already selected him in a previous draft but you get my drift.

If you want to be in the draft PM myself. If you do not PM you will be removed from the draft.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad