All-time Draft # 5b - The Minor League

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
Tomas Kaberle,D

Tomas plays with a healthy self-confidence and collects points because he Possesses tremendous hockey smarts and has the ability to find his teammates on the ice. A swift skater, he can wheel with the puck and loves to join the attack. Is an excellent accurate passer.Tomas Kaberle provides constant support for his team becoming one of the top defencemen in the league. He is a top 5 offensive defensman in toronto franchise history

raleh

Oct 17, 2005
Dartmouth, NS
Hey guys, looks like it was fun! too bad I missed it. I didn't think it very fair to pick 4 guys before you started drafting because it's not your fault I couldn't make it. Anyways, here are my four picks. Since it's a minor league team, we're taking a few chances.

G-Unto Wiitala
F- Clint Smith
D- Ernie "Moose" Johnson
F- Gerry Heffernan (like having him in the same organization as Buddy O'connor, but don't think Heffernan is ready to move up quite yet).

Sorry I missed the fun tonight!

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Rochester selects:

#76: Fleming Mackell, C
#87: Tony McKegney, LW
#94: Keith Carney, D

Sorry bout signing off early last night, just was way too tired.

Last edited:

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Thanks to LL and Spit for your help, and to Murphy2 for organizing. I basically found out we were going ahead with this right before leaving Regina. Spent the night at my grandparents out in the boonies, and they don't have internet. Glad to see you guys had fun and were able to put a serious dent into this. Now we have to continue the momentum.

A brief synopsis on our selections:

*Barry Pederson: A skilled, slick pivot whose career was cut short by injuries. Averaged over 100 points his first three full seasons, and had a couple dominant playoffs in Boston, too.
*Russ Courtnall. Love his versatility. He has the offensive skill to play on my second line, but he was part of a sensational checking line in Montreal in the late 80s/early 90s. He's also a Notre Dame grad, and I wanted at least one of those on my team.
*Mickey Redmond. One of the top three RWs not selected in the primary draft. Was coming into his own as a perennial all-star RW when he suffered a serious injury in 1974.
*Kirk McLean. A sentimental pick. A two-time Vezina finalist, a second team all-star in 1992 and, IMO, the Canucks unquestionable MVP in the 1994 playoffs, when they came within one win of winning Lord Stanley. McLean and Tom Barasso are two of the last true stand-up goalies.
*Lynn Patrick. I was hoping to land Craig Simpson for this spot, but Patrick will do just fine. An HHOFer and a two-time all-star at LW. Won a Cup and led the league in goals. Not bad for a second line LW in the minor league draft.

Anyways, sorry about the delay. I didn't see him selected, or in LL's alphabetical list of players drafted, so we take a rock-solid defensive blue-liner who could be a little dirty at times (just ask Pat LaFontaine):

D Jaime Macoun​

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad