All-Time Draft #4

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Steals/Too High Round Two.

Really the first name that popped out at myself was Terry Sawchuk, often called the best (or second best) goaltender of all time falling to the 25th position. The same thing goes for Glenn Hall....

No real bad picks in this round in my view at least. There are a few steals still waiting to happen though.

Leaf Lander

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 31, 2002
BWO Headquarters
tmlfanszone.blogspot.com
:leafs Select

C Joe Sakic

Joe is a Franchise Center he owns one of the league's best wrist shots. Has smooth skating ability and crafty playmaking skills. Sees the ice extremely well and is rarely out of position. Plays with tremendous desire and determination at all times.

The determination of Sakic and his dedication to the game, his attitude in the defensive zone (he plays against the best opposite lines) makes him a complete player, a player the team needs every game. His incredible talents for the game are now more recognized and he was once the best Canadian player in the nhl during break-away to the net.

Conn Smythe Trophy 96 NHL 1st All-Star Team 01,02,04 Lady Byng Trophy 01 Lester B. Pearson Award 01 Hart Trophy 01 NHL All-Star Game 11 times

Last edited:

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Les As de Quebec was in the market for a defenseman but just can't overlook a five time scoring champion and three time leader of the NHL in assists. Still one of the best players in the league and when all is said and done maybe a top ten player on the NHL scoring list...Jaromir Jagr

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
Well, 66 helped ease my decision a touch, and though I would like to grab a defenseman at sometime and despite the fact there are some amazing offensive players on the board, I have to select one of the elite goalies all time.....Bill Durnan

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
The Tabs of Cambridge select a complete player who scored 195 points in 154 games AFTER his top linemate left town to go to L.A., often considered the greatest European player in NHL history...

Jari Kurri

Zetterberg4Captain*

I didn't think goalies would be going so quickly. The Saskatoon Blues select Bernie Parent.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Parent was the last one on my shortlist of the greatest... there are some more greats but all a half-notch lower in my estimation than the bunch who have already gone

Only a couple more of the greatest d-men too.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
There's a couple of more guys I can't believe are still around...

i would like to move up if anyone is willing to switch picks in a four-pick trade.

VanIslander

Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Leaf Lander said:
the top 50 is from one article top 100 is just as good my friend maybe better
I am not talking about an article... I'm talking about the best...

there are a couple of guys who should be picked before round 4..... I want to move up to get one of them

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad