All Things Jerseys - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolbean04

Aug 5, 2006
Sorry but I am on my phone.

On eBay, there's a lundqvist rangers jersey for sale. Do you think it is real??

eBay listing number

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
That is real. It's the old style jerseys from 05-06 and 06-07.

Are you sure? The laces and the crappy lettering with loose strands coming off screams fake to me...

EDIT:

Google image search refreshed my memory. Coulda sworn the 05-06, 06-07 style was different, didn't remember the laces being so long and thin.

Still, the jersey is real but the lettering job seems half-assed.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Are you sure? The laces and the crappy lettering with loose strands coming off screams fake to me...

EDIT:

Google image search refreshed my memory. Coulda sworn the 05-06, 06-07 style was different, didn't remember the laces being so long and thin.

Still, the jersey is real but the lettering job seems half-assed.

Yeah something wasn't right about the customization. Definitely a legit jersey, just not the greatest job on the name and number.

coolbean04

Aug 5, 2006
How much does an authentic jersey cost anyway? Do all authentic jerseys have fight straps?

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
How much does an authentic jersey cost anyway? Do all authentic jerseys have fight straps?

Depends if you're going for the Reeboks or older stuff.
Then for the Reebok's you have the choice of Indonesian Edge Authentics (big step up from premiers) or the real deal Canadian made 2.0's that are the ones players wear.

Both of them have fight straps, IIRC Indonesian blanks retail for $250 but often are on sale where as Canadians retail for $300 and are less likely to go on sale.

Two seasons ago after playoffs finished I scored 3 Penguins Indonesians and 2 Red Wings Indonesians for $50 each and then scored 2 Rangers (Home and Alternate) for $100 each off of Amazon sales. :yo:

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
Curious to see what the jersey enthusiasts here make of the Indonesian Edge jerseys.

I feel they're so much nicer than the premiers and are perfect for fans - if you can pick them up for around $100-150 it's a no-brainer.

Also how much do the Canadian edges go on sale for (if they ever do which I am yet to see)

coolbean04

Aug 5, 2006
Where is the cheapest place to buy an authentic jersey? One that you know is 100% real and you do not have to worry.

Dagoon44

Sep 15, 2003
NJ
dagoon44.blogspot.com
The material is sometimes the same. Trust me my friend is a buyer for reebox and she once told me she would watch as blems and other odd cuts would be saved and later sold to bootleg companies in China .. She even told some factories produce the real deal jerseys for NFL .com and sell bootlegs out of a address in the same building ..

I listed tons more in my store St. Louis McD and more signed Gabby unsigned

[MOD] - temporary removal of eBay link pending an admin decision.

Last edited by a moderator:

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I disagree. In all counterfeit jerseys, the material is almost paper like, and very rough. On certain ones, the sleeves are very heavy and feel ALMOST like an Edge jersey, but they aren't. The stitch job on them is also very noticeable. Like you, I know someone who works within Reebok... it's easy for him to spot fakes. I was on the Canadian border when they busted a load of counterfeit NHL jerseys once too. It gets real easy to tell, and very easy to be skeptical of every jersey you see.

Some fakes are better than others, but are still fakes nonetheless.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
My go to way for judging if a customized jersey is fake

HTB1m1FdFFXXXXahbFXXq6xXFXXXV.jpg

If the material looks anything like that get the **** outta dodge

superyan

Aug 13, 2013
to piggy back on this im looking for a blank replica stadium series jersey. anyone know the least expensive place to pick one of those up?

Authentic Stadium Series jerseys weren't made available to the general public. I'm not sure if anyone here is interested, but I just saw this on eBay.
I"m not sure if anyone on this board is looking for Hanks.. Take a look. It looks really good.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUNDQVIST-N...9664?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item19f536ebf0

Same seller but a blank..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-RA...n_s_Athletic_Apparel&var=&hash=item46225ceeaa

I would also call Cosby's and see if they have any.

phillyb

Jan 21, 2014
have a gomez jersey which i'll probably send to sportsk to get gomez removed.
PUT FAST ON THERE!
47 bucks including shipping.
aside from sportsk, who replaces name plates?

gmerger37

Dec 2, 2010
North Jersey
Just got my 2 stadium series jerseys back from EPS.

they came out great, very pleased they were able to fix up the one jersey i butchered a strip job attempt on because the glue was like superimposed onto the jersey.

They even charged me less than they quoted me for.

Josh is really great with communicated via e-mail. Highly recommend their work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad