All Things Jerseys - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Are they really that difficult? Seems like there were plenty available prior to the game, and in the week following the game I saw a whole bunch of blanks available.

Can only find the shitty Fanatics version online. To my knowledge, usual go-to retailers like River City Sports and Sportsk never even had them listed.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Cool Hockey and River City Sports both got limited supplies and sold out pretty quickly. SportsK and Ice Jerseys never got them for some reason.

As I have said in other posts, the Hockey Hall of Fame Shop, shop.hhof.com, has the Adida jerseys, as does OceanHockey.com, which is a local spot in central NJ. They have blanks that you can send to Arena Wear to customize.

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Yeah, I've seen those, but they're not legit.

The fanatics and the Adidas patches are different from one another, but both have more intricate lettering than the simple felt patch with standard embroidery you've linked.

View attachment 92255 View attachment 92257

fair enough. i'm pretty sure i came across the one you're looking for while surfing the web. when i went back to do a very quick search for you, i didn't notice the eBay auction was NOT for the same one. sorry 'bout that.

the whole deal with sewing the A or C patches OVER THE TOP of the standard shield logo sucked IMO.

good luck in your search.

Reactions: jroam82

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Can only find the ****ty Fanatics version online. To my knowledge, usual go-to retailers like River City Sports and Sportsk never even had them listed.

can you remind me what size you're looking for? i checked back on the prior page but did not see your post.

what @lhg39 said below is correct -- they're out there. i did a quick web search and saw a number available. i had an extra 52 that i returned just last week after asking if anyone here wanted it.

Cool Hockey and River City Sports both got limited supplies and sold out pretty quickly. SportsK and Ice Jerseys never got them for some reason.

As I have said in other posts, the Hockey Hall of Fame Shop, shop.hhof.com, has the Adida jerseys, as does OceanHockey.com, which is a local spot in central NJ. They have blanks that you can send to Arena Wear to customize.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Update: for @HatTrick Swayze: In a 60-second search I found 46, 50, 54 and 56 Adizero blanks. 52 might be out there if I put in another minute.

If you put in just a little time I'm fairly certain you'll find what you're looking for. Good luck!

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Has anyone found out how to get the same jerseys as the guys on the ice yet?

Adidas.com has the weird half RBK Premier bull shit pictured on their product page...so it's legit technically, but clearly different material when matching up to any up close pictures of the players but it's definitely not an authentic on ice jersey they are pushing...

Is this illegal or something??? Any laywers here??

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Has anyone found out how to get the same jerseys as the guys on the ice yet?

Adidas.com has the weird half RBK Premier bull **** pictured on their product page...so it's legit technically, but clearly different material when matching up to any up close pictures of the players but it's definitely not an authentic on ice jersey they are pushing...

Is this illegal or something??? Any laywers here??

Like the former Reebok jerseys, there is a version made in Indonesia and a version made in Canada; the latter is what the players *actually* wear.

I think it is confusing (and actually deceptive) to call something that the players do NOT wear "authentic." Authentic what? Authentic as in made-by-Adidas authentic? *sigh*

Right now, the only way to get a Canadian Adidas jersey is to find one that has been worn by a player/supplied by a team. As yet, Adidas is NOT letting retailers purchase these for sale. There is speculation they will allow this in the future. There's some dispute, but most agree that it took a little while before the Canadian Reebok Edge jerseys were sold to the public.

We can hope.

I think the Adizero jerseys are nice to wear, though they in no way match the quality of my Made-in-Canada sweaters. Then again, few people are actually *playing* hockey in these. For most people, the new "Authentics" are probably nicer to wear around.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
fair enough. i'm pretty sure i came across the one you're looking for while surfing the web. when i went back to do a very quick search for you, i didn't notice the eBay auction was NOT for the same one. sorry 'bout that.

the whole deal with sewing the A or C patches OVER THE TOP of the standard shield logo sucked IMO.

good luck in your search.

Thanks mate.

I'm pretty limited to internet searches which hasn't provided much other than the eBay listings like you found too.

If anyone more local happens to find any at MSG/the NHL store/any random sports store please let me know.

As an aside, I'm also looking for a factory customized fanatics WC jersey (I know, wash my mouth out with soap) in size XS ... So if anyone sees any of those, please let me know too. (There's a small on eBay but a bit big and pricey at the moment).

Cheers all.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Like the former Reebok jerseys, there is a version made in Indonesia and a version made in Canada; the latter is what the players *actually* wear.

I think it is confusing (and actually deceptive) to call something that the players do NOT wear "authentic." Authentic what? Authentic as in made-by-Adidas authentic? *sigh*

Right now, the only way to get a Canadian Adidas jersey is to find one that has been worn by a player/supplied by a team. As yet, Adidas is NOT letting retailers purchase these for sale. There is speculation they will allow this in the future. There's some dispute, but most agree that it took a little while before the Canadian Reebok Edge jerseys were sold to the public.

We can hope.

I think the Adizero jerseys are nice to wear, though they in no way match the quality of my Made-in-Canada sweaters. Then again, few people are actually *playing* hockey in these. For most people, the new "Authentics" are probably nicer to wear around.

It's the premier jersey with a shiny thing and a fight strap. $225. The f*** outta here.

My momma got it for me for xmas. I haven't put it on and I'll feel like shit about it until I can turn it into the right thing.

...and is it me or is the gottdamn fanatics material more convincing as an authentic than the adizero??

Who the hell in the approved that move, I'd love to know.

coatjones

Debauchery #1
Jul 25, 2011
Staten Island, NYC
Just ordered a blank via the HHOF store. Oddly enough, it was $10 more expensive than the NHL website, but I wasn't taxed, so it ended up being cheaper anyways. I will send my jersey to Arena Wear based on everyones recommendation. It's crazy that these jerseys don't come with the WC patch, but the Fanatics ones do!

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Anyone know a good NA based website/store aside from eBay that sells Sweden jerseys? Or do I just have to bite the bullet and buy from the official website?

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I’m just going to rely on you guys since it seems you know more then most people

If I’m looking for a winter classic authentic zib jersey with the patches where might one find one? I know someone in the past mentioned rivercitysports but they don’t have any wc jerseys for sale.

I miss the old nhl shop website, you could customize any jersey with any current player on the roster. Which makes sense, but noooooooo now you can only get certain players on certain jerseys. Drives me nuts

Bricho

Jan 23, 2013
Until 10PM Dick’s Sporting Goods has a small selection of Adidas authentics for $150 with free shipping. In white they only have 30, and in blue depending on size just 30, 27, 26 and 10

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
I’m just going to rely on you guys since it seems you know more then most people

If I’m looking for a winter classic authentic zib jersey with the patches where might one find one? I know someone in the past mentioned rivercitysports but they don’t have any wc jerseys for sale.

I miss the old nhl shop website, you could customize any jersey with any current player on the roster. Which makes sense, but noooooooo now you can only get certain players on certain jerseys. Drives me nuts
Please read my post at the top of this page. It answers this very question. You can get a patch on eBay and send to Arena Wear to customize.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017

Picked this up last week :)

Nice. Looks great. I've been wanting a Buchnevich myself. Who did the customization?

I like the Adidas jerseys much better than the Reebok

I'm hesitant to buy another "authentic" Adizero because I find them notably inferior to the Canadian-made Reebok Edge jerseys, and I am hopeful the on-ice sweaters (made in Canada) will be released to the public at some point.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Please read my post at the top of this page. It answers this very question. You can get a patch on eBay and send to Arena Wear to customize.

Note that if @Rangers in 7 goes this route, s/he might want to remove the hard/glue backing on the patch before having it sewn onto the jersey. Most patches that are purchased after the fact are fairly stiff and don't quite sit properly on the jersey, so you won't have that 'pro' look.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
Hail mary of sorts: Does anyone have (or know where I can find) a 2012 Rangers Winter Classic premier (550) jersey in size SMALL - preferably customized with Lundqvist?

I know they made them because I had one that I sold when moving countries in a downsize. Lot's of regret there.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

Note that if @Rangers in 7 goes this route, s/he might want to remove the hard/glue backing on the patch before having it sewn onto the jersey. Most patches that are purchased after the fact are fairly stiff and don't quite sit properly on the jersey, so you won't have that 'pro' look.

Truth is the nhl shop should do everything. I shouldn’t have to buy the jersey, receive it, send it to a third party to put it all together. That’s just dumb. I agree with @artificialintuition that sometimes the crest or patches are so stiff that you barely can sit down without the patch sticking out. I have that problem with my winter classic jersey from a few years ago. The crest is solid as a rock which is one of the main reasons why I don’t wear it

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Truth is the nhl shop should do everything. I shouldn’t have to buy the jersey, receive it, send it to a third party to put it all together. That’s just dumb. I agree with @artificialintuition that sometimes the crest or patches are so stiff that you barely can sit down without the patch sticking out. I have that problem with my winter classic jersey from a few years ago. The crest is solid as a rock which is one of the main reasons why I don’t wear it

Not saying YOU care about this, but even if the online NHL shop actually did good customization (they really don't; it's pretty rushed, often), there's an issue where subtle details get missed if you go with someone other than the specific team's on-ice customizer. For some teams these small details can be a bit more pronounced than for others.

In theory, they all have the same font packages available, but not every customizer will choose the proper material for the nameplate, or choose stacked vs KISS-cut numbers, or position things the right way.

There are some customizers who are notable for many errors. There are others who get things close... very close. But, sadly, there is often only ONE who really nails it for each team.

I'm not saying the details should be important to an individual, as it is a personal decision. Will anyone notice if the drop shadow on your Rangers jersey is not perfect? Will you notice? If it is pointed out to you, will it bother you? Is it worth the extra hassle (*possibly* an extra cost, maybe some extra time and/or shipping)?

If it's a nice jersey I like to take the steps to get it as close as possible.

I've seen plenty of cases where a customizer put the wrong material nameplate, or they used a straight font and offset letters when it should be a font designed for an 'arched' name, etc.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
Not saying YOU care about this, but even if the online NHL shop actually did good customization (they really don't; it's pretty rushed, often), there's an issue where subtle details get missed if you go with someone other than the specific team's on-ice customizer. For some teams these small details can be a bit more pronounced than for others.

In theory, they all have the same font packages available, but not every customizer will choose the proper material for the nameplate, or choose stacked vs KISS-cut numbers, or position things the right way.

There are some customizers who are notable for many errors. There are others who get things close... very close. But, sadly, there is often only ONE who really nails it for each team.

I'm not saying the details should be important to an individual, as it is a personal decision. Will anyone notice if the drop shadow on your Rangers jersey is not perfect? Will you notice? If it is pointed out to you, will it bother you? Is it worth the extra hassle (*possibly* an extra cost, maybe some extra time and/or shipping)?

If it's a nice jersey I like to take the steps to get it as close as possible.

I've seen plenty of cases where a customizer put the wrong material nameplate, or they used a straight font and offset letters when it should be a font designed for an 'arched' name, etc.
personally for me id rather spend the money to get the exact same thing that the players are wearing and not some knock off piece of crap. I can usually tell the different right off the bat but thats because I've had so many jerseys

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I have a home Adizero that I won’t customize until I know what number Andersson is going to be wearing, full time. Meaning I probably won’t be customizing it any time soon. It’s so tempting to just go ahead and get Skjei or something but I know I’ll regret it.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
personally for me id rather spend the money to get the exact same thing that the players are wearing and not some knock off piece of crap. I can usually tell the different right off the bat but thats because I've had so many jerseys

The "authentic" Adidas jersey you mentioned you are planning to buy a few posts above is NOT what the players wear on the ice. Knock-off jerseys are another topic and not related to what I was talking about.

My last post was about *customization*, which in my experience won't look exactly right unless you get it done by the team customizer (Arena Wear in this case).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->