All Things Jerseys - Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Yeah, I emailed Arena Wear back in September with my order and they responded ASAP with directions and what the turn around time would be. With the season starting up, they told me it would probably be a 4-6 week turnaround. I shipped the jerseys out (4 of em) and got them back within a week. Insane turnaround time.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yeah, I emailed Arena Wear back in September with my order and they responded ASAP with directions and what the turn around time would be. With the season starting up, they told me it would probably be a 4-6 week turnaround. I shipped the jerseys out (4 of em) and got them back within a week. Insane turnaround time.

They're very good at under promising and over delivering.

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
Anyone got any experience (or better yet, actual pictures as opposed to stock photos) of the fanatics winter classic jersey?

I know they're the cheaper alternative in just about every way, but how's the lettering/fit/etc? Also, looks like they actually come with the shoulder patch?

Cheers.

They are made of a heavier polyester material and the cut is more like a long sleeve tee or a sweatshirt than a jersey. I wear a 54 in the Adizero jersey but a large in the Fanatics jersey. Although I can wear larger baggy jerseys, with the fanatics jerseys, due to the material and cut anything larger just hangs uncimfortably and looks stupid. Everything is heat pressed and the front crest letters are a 3D felt instead of the leather on felt like the authentics.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
They are made of a heavier polyester material and the cut is more like a long sleeve tee or a sweatshirt than a jersey. I wear a 54 in the Adizero jersey but a large in the Fanatics jersey. Although I can wear larger baggy jerseys, with the fanatics jerseys, due to the material and cut anything larger just hangs uncimfortably and looks stupid. Everything is heat pressed and the front crest letters are a 3D felt instead of the leather on felt like the authentics.

Thanks.

Not that I necessarily have a choice right now given the availability, but being a 46/small, I'm stuck between kid size lettering and inferior materials/cut.

Bummer.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
Has anyone seen the fanatics breakaway jersey in size XS and can confirm (or even remember) whether they also suffer from the shrinking - kids sized - font? I know the size S has the normal sized font.

Cheers.

(I realized I hadn't updated my profile since I moved back to Australia - but that's why I have so many questions - cos I can't just wander into a store and check for myself)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Is there a chance I can buy an authentic Grabner Winter Classic jersey at MSG or the NHL store in the city on the 14th?

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
Basically given up on finding anything decent that will fit under the current manufacturers (until they put grown up lettering on the smaller adidas jerseys).

So ......

Anyone got any size 46 edge jerseys they're not particularly attached to?

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
Basically given up on finding anything decent that will fit under the current manufacturers (until they put grown up lettering on the smaller adidas jerseys).

So ......

Anyone got any size 46 edge jerseys they're not particularly attached to?

It’s too bad you didn’t ask this earlier. I had a Canadian edge McDonagh 46. Still have Ovechkin and Subban edge 1.0s. I find the Adidas 46 fits me well though.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
Urgh - definitely. I have a Canadian edge 1.0 Home Callahan (with an A) and that would've gone nicely with that.

I'm sure something will crop up eventually, but figured it wouldn't hurt to explicitly ask.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Is there a chance I can buy an authentic Grabner Winter Classic jersey at MSG or the NHL store in the city on the 14th?

That seems like a serious long shot.

Has anyone ever seen players other than McDonagh, Zucarello & Lundqvist up for sale in the WC Adizeros?

Back in December the manager of the NHL store told me they ordered some pre-customized WCs with other names on them, but I never heard if they made it in. I didn't see any at Citi or at MSG the times I've been there. I had many people stop me at the Winter Classic asking where I got my Zibanejad sweater (I had mine sent to Arena Wear).

lhg39

Manny Malhotra Fan
Dec 28, 2006
NJ
That seems like a serious long shot.

Has anyone ever seen players other than McDonagh, Zucarello & Lundqvist up for sale in the WC Adizeros?

Back in December the manager of the NHL store told me they ordered some pre-customized WCs with other names on them, but I never heard if they made it in. I didn't see any at Citi or at MSG the times I've been there. I had many people stop me at the Winter Classic asking where I got my Zibanejad sweater (I had mine sent to Arena Wear).

I agree. If anyone other than those 3 wanted you need to order a blank online (shop.hhof.com still has them) and send to Arena Wear. It is an extra step, but definitely worth it.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Was at the NHL shop today looking for a winter classic pom hat. They still had some WC jerseys, but I didn't check for sizes/players. Pretty sure they were adidas, but couldn't swear to it. Mets store at Citi field is having a 50% off sale on all WC merchandise. Great sale if you were a Sabres fan. Some stuff there for Rangers and a lot of of event branded stuff. If anyone was looking for something specific, feel free to PM and I can try and remember if they had it.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
Does anywhere sell the NY shield patch from the front of the WC jersey?

Blank fanatics jerseys don't have these (but have the WC shoulder patch) for some reason.

Failing that, I think the adidas pre-customized jerseys for McDonagh and Zuccarello just had C and A patches over the top of the NY patch so if anyone has stripped theirs back to a single layer, please keep me in mind.

artificialintuition

Nov 21, 2017
Does anywhere sell the NY shield patch from the front of the WC jersey?

Blank fanatics jerseys don't have these (but have the WC shoulder patch) for some reason.

Failing that, I think the adidas pre-customized jerseys for McDonagh and Zuccarello just had C and A patches over the top of the NY patch so if anyone has stripped theirs back to a single layer, please keep me in mind.

I believe I saw some for sale... on eBay. I definitely saw them online in the past 24 or 48h--they stood out as I hadn't seen them sold separately before then.

Here's a *set* of 2 patches.

jroam82

Mar 21, 2012
Adelaide
I believe I saw some for sale... on eBay. I definitely saw them online in the past 24 or 48h--they stood out as I hadn't seen them sold separately before then.

Here's a *set* of 2 patches.

Yeah, I've seen those, but they're not legit.

The fanatics and the Adidas patches are different from one another, but both have more intricate lettering than the simple felt patch with standard embroidery you've linked.

Screenshot_20180112-185122.jpg
Screenshot_20180112-185006.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->