Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Last edited:

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
What? They are stitched, dude. You can see the stitches in the picture.

The only thing screen printed is the stuff inside the collar.

Ok good, it was hard to tell from the photos, and previous jerseys in the past have had fake stitching, so I was hoping Adidas didn't adopt this.

Overall, the Rangers have one of the best versions of these new Adidas jerseys. We lucked out they didn't alter our classic design too much.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Ok good, it was hard to tell from the photos, and previous jerseys in the past have had fake stitching, so I was hoping Adidas didn't adopt this.

Overall, the Rangers have one of the best versions of these new Adidas jerseys. We lucked out they didn't alter our classic design too much.

I actually think that these are much nicer than the old Indo Edges. They just feel nicer. I'm tempted to pick one up as-is and buy a Canadian one when they come out. I may mosey on over to the store on my way out.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
Wanted to get a couple of jerseys customized, has anyone customer through arenawead recently? Wanted to know if they still had letter/number kits for Reebok.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Wanted to get a couple of jerseys customized, has anyone customer through arenawead recently? Wanted to know if they still had letter/number kits for Reebok.

Yes, I just got something back from them last week. The nameplate they used isn't the exact EDGE nameplate but it's a nameplate they've used before for the team that's a close match.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I actually think that these are much nicer than the old Indo Edges. They just feel nicer. I'm tempted to pick one up as-is and buy a Canadian one when they come out. I may mosey on over to the store on my way out.

Idk if they're nicer than the Indos. I finally got to see the jersey today and I couldn't help but think they're a nicer (albeit very nicer) version of the old Premier jerseys. The material on the front of the jersey had that same feel as those replicas. The shoulders and sides with the mesh material were obv much better.

Here's a picture I grabbed earlier comparing the sizing of the letters from the 46 to 50. The sizing of Rangers on the 46 almost looks like it belongs on a kids jersey. I wore a 46 with the EDGE's and I tried both on. It felt like the length and such was the same for both but the shoulders were much tighter on the 46 for these so I'll be going with a 50 going forward. Thank God too because there's no way I could wear that jersey with how small it looks.

MmYfITw.jpg

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I picked up a home authentic tonight. Wife and I are in town visiting from Texas and got to our first game in 4 years. Bummed that it couldn't be a regular season game but it was great to finally have time during a visit to get to the Garden. I personally like the Adidas jersey better than the previous authentics. Even the Canadian EDGE jerseys, I just didn't like the cut as much. These just seem more comfortable and they look really sharp in person. Just my $.02.

highandwide

It's gold Jerry.
Nov 28, 2011
NYC
anyone have a lead on on-ice authentics? I know to check Jersey Baron and River City Sports, but wondering if there is somewhere else that *MIGHT* have them (I know it's not an official release).

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
anyone have a lead on on-ice authentics? I know to check Jersey Baron and River City Sports, but wondering if there is somewhere else that *MIGHT* have them (I know it's not an official release).

If we had a lead, we'd post it. Right now, it's going to take a few months at least for the Canadians to come out. It took a long time with the original Edge jerseys.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY

Only way you're getting an on ice one at the moment is buying team issued or game used through Steiner for the NYR. Like HG said though, give it time and I'm sure some will hit the market.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Idk if they're nicer than the Indos. I finally got to see the jersey today and I couldn't help but think they're a nicer (albeit very nicer) version of the old Premier jerseys. The material on the front of the jersey had that same feel as those replicas. The shoulders and sides with the mesh material were obv much better.

Here's a picture I grabbed earlier comparing the sizing of the letters from the 46 to 50. The sizing of Rangers on the 46 almost looks like it belongs on a kids jersey. I wore a 46 with the EDGE's and I tried both on. It felt like the length and such was the same for both but the shoulders were much tighter on the 46 for these so I'll be going with a 50 going forward. Thank God too because there's no way I could wear that jersey with how small it looks.

MmYfITw.jpg
I'm a large human. Did they have Super Jumbo Size?

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
The thing that makes me not want to spend money on them is the collar and lace placement. But I will still get one when there's a sale though. I like to wear a medium-heavy hoody underneath when it gets cold and the Edges were a little easier to fit with. These look like they're tighter and don't allow for the fit

MacTruck27

May 17, 2014
Only way you're getting an on ice one at the moment is buying team issued or game used through Steiner for the NYR. Like HG said though, give it time and I'm sure some will hit the market.

Ice jerseys seems to have authentics

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Just having escaped from FLA and Irma, I was at Dicks at the Palisades Mall when I saw they had 3 Jimmy Vesey home with the all white fight strap size 46...and the Name and numbers were seen printed, different from the "Rangers" on the front...confirmed...I put the damn thing on myself!

Again, same letters as the Reebok Premiers

Dunno, if they were prototypes that shouldn't have escaped, but my wife as a witness it's what we didn't end up buying because of such. Well, that and Vesey hasn't earned my back yet. I won't buy a Hank if that's the case.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Do NOT buy Fanatics ones. Main boards thread has a picture of a "replica" from them and it's literally a bad screen printing job. You can see lines in the logo.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Was anyone planning on it anyway?

Who knows? Maybe if someone didn't want to shell out the 180 ish for the "authentic" which is really just a premier with a fight strap and an Adidass logo, let's be honest. But don't do it you guys, it is really disappointing. I saw one up close at my local rink today and they are nearly screen print like I make t shirts with essentially.

In addition to the main board pics

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Who knows? Maybe if someone didn't want to shell out the 180 ish for the "authentic" which is really just a premier with a fight strap and an Adidass logo, let's be honest. But don't do it you guys, it is really disappointing. I saw one up close at my local rink today and they are nearly screen print like I make t shirts with essentially.

In addition to the main board pics

I tell no lies. Sucks.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I will probably try to hold out for a Canadian made version if any ever surface. If not I will just get a Rangers one to have it as part of my timeline collection but they really did a bad job for the fans. I got a Premier in like the 2008-09 season and it was from ShopNHL and it had reinforced shoulders and the numbers were all stitched, both layers. Now you get replicas that are literally one layer with screen print like quality and possible fake stitch lines... That's bush league for a replica hockey jersey seeing that they're probably the most intricate major sports jersey.

My team issued Edges and Indo Edges blow the Adidas authentics out of the water as well. Really is sad as a collector and form of superfan

To me even the stitchwork of RANGERS on the authentic ones looks shoddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->