OT: All Things Basketball Thread

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Cleveland still alive for another game. Game 5 Monday.

I'm going to laugh if Golden State blows it again. Weren't they up 3 games to 1 last year and then wound up losing the series? It would be a 3-0 blown lead this time. They'd have a true bond with the Sharks if that happened.

I only remember what happened in the finals last year because it was a big deal about both the NBA finals and the NHL finals being in the Bay Area. And a couple of Sharks fans were saying things like ''We're gonna lose our series, but at least we'll be watching another local team win again, who actually know how to win something!'' and then they went kerplunk after that.:laugh:

Honestly, I wanted the NBA finals to end in a sweep. **** both the NBA and the NHL for this over-suspenseful and momentum draining multiple days between games in both their finals.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I'm going to laugh if Golden State blows it again. Weren't they up 3 games to 1 last year and then wound up losing the series? It would be a 3-0 blown lead this time. They'd have a true bond with the Sharks if that happened.

I only remember what happened in the finals last year because it was a big deal about both the NBA finals and the NHL finals being in the Bay Area. And a couple of Sharks fans were saying things like ''We're gonna lose our series, but at least we'll be watching another local team win again, who actually know how to win something!'' and then they went kerplunk after that.:laugh:

Honestly, I wanted the NBA finals to end in a sweep. **** both the NBA and the NHL for this over-suspenseful and momentum draining multiple days between games in both their finals.

it would have to be something monumental to blow this series. Cleveland would have to play like they did today, all series long.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
It's kind of hilarious to me that the series the entire NBA world was waiting nine months for turned out to be an utter dud.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Heavy rumor that Sixers are trading for the number 1 pick. Josh Harris about to have the number 1 pick in two leagues lol

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
wow Sixers get #1 for #3, and a protected 2018 Lakers 1st pick (if the celtics don't get it they get Sacremento's pick in 2019). And the protection is that the Celtics only get the Lakers pick in 2018 if it is picks 2, 3, 4, or 5.

I remember the people on this board saying them trading MCW is a sign of cheapness from the owners but it has really paid off for them.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
wow Sixers get #1 for #3, and a protected 2018 Lakers 1st pick (if the celtics don't get it they get Sacremento's pick in 2019). And the protection is that the Celtics only get the Lakers pick in 2018 if it is picks 2, 3, 4, or 5.

I remember the people on this board saying them trading MCW is a sign of cheapness from the owners but it has really paid off for them.

Wasn't cheapness of the owners. It was the tank strategy of the last GM.

Current guy is making it work for him with a good deal

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
no there was definently some about them trading players like MCW before they get bog contracts. Anyway just look Hinkie is being praised by their fans -- he set them up really well without his trades that move could not have been made.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Well for what...they're the Oilers of the NHL. Just keep getting #1's till you finally get a McDavid. Not sure this Fultz is a McDavid. And MCW had nothing to do with this trade, it was just a lame pick a guy with a first rounder then trade him for a first rounder when he's about to make money deal. They haven't even drafted the pick they got in that trade yet.

Their tank is odious because it isn't just giving up one season the way the football Jets are doing now, this was giving up FOUR straight seasons and they'd probably still be doing it if the league didn't step in and force the GM out. I seriously doubt their fans are 'praising' the tank. This deal itself sure.

Last edited:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Well for what...they're the Oilers of the NHL. Just keep getting #1's till you finally get a McDavid. Not sure this Fultz is a McDavid. And MCW had nothing to do with this trade, it was just a lame pick a guy with a first rounder then trade him for a first rounder when he's about to make money deal. They haven't even drafted the pick they got in that trade yet.

Their tank is odious because it isn't just giving up one season the way the football Jets are doing now, this was giving up FOUR straight seasons and they'd probably still be doing it if the league didn't step in and force the GM out. I seriously doubt their fans are 'praising' the tank. This deal itself sure.

really? just go search up Hinkie on twitter. look on the flyers board or any board really.

Hinkie won all his trades, Oilers lucked out with McDavid as a generational talent.

MCW did have to do with this trade. He's the reason why they have that Lakers pick. The 2019 Sacramento pick came from taking cap dumps. Without that Sacramento trade they wouldn't even have the #3 pick to trade up for 1. The team is well-positioned huge part due to Hinkie and his trades. If they only tanked every year without doing much else sure you have a point but those trades have paid off for them idk how you can try to paint it in any other way.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
another crazy trade in the NBA. Russell and Mozgov to the Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th pick. Lakers clear out cap and Nets make up for a lost top pick.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
another crazy trade in the NBA. Russell and Mozgov to the Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th pick. Lakers clear out cap and Nets make up for a lost top pick.

As a Lakers fan I disliked this almost immediately but the more I thought about it makes a lot of sense for both teams. The Lakers get out of Mozgovs insane deal, get a serviceable big man, aquire another first, and free up cap space to after George. Nets get Russell who while young and inconsistent has all the tools to be a star in the league and a decent player in Mozgov. Makes sense all around if not a little premature and selling low from the Lakers.

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
surprised this thread is even bumped this high, considering how laughably irrelevant nyc area basketball has been for a decade now.

both teams are dumpster fires of the most explosive proportions. to the point where i'm not even embarrassed to be a nets fan in relation to knicks fans.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
lol Knicks...they pick up Phil's two year option, they let him run the draft THEN they fire him.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Cavs trade Kyrie to BOSTON for Isiah Thomas (on an expiring contract) and a bunch of other stuff including the Nets' 2018 first-round pick.

This sport called the NBA offseason is better than the actual NBA :P

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
What could the Knicks have possibly offered to top the Celtics deal? Porzingis, an unprotected 1 and ???

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->