OT: All Things Basketball Thread

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
When basketball was actually good.

1985 all star game on the NBA network now.

I really started watching in 1986. Hopped onto the Celtics bandwagon. Got to enjoy the win vs Houston, but then had to deal with losing to the Lakers in subsequent seasons.

Jordan was an amazing player to watch, greatest player I've ever seen, but the Celts and Lakers in the 80's played team basketball in it's most beautiful form.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I really started watching in 1986. Hopped onto the Celtics bandwagon. Got to enjoy the win vs Houston, but then had to deal with losing to the Lakers in subsequent seasons.

Jordan was an amazing player to watch, greatest player I've ever seen, but the Celts and Lakers in the 80's played team basketball in it's most beautiful form.

This '85 ASG had some many legends in it.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
All things Basketball? Don't think I've ever seen this thread before.

NBA basketball blows - the inmates run the asylum.

College is getting close - Making the ESPN Top 10 plays seems to be more important than winning.

Last edited:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Former Knick Charles Oakley has been banned from MSG by Knicks & Rags owner James Dolan.

Just imagine the uproar here on HFB if TNR banned a former Devils great from The Rock?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
I used to like the Knicks back in the 90's when I cared about b-ball. But to revel in schadenfreude whenever they lose because Dolan can't get past his obsession with Isaiah Thomas or Carmello is so so good.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I used to like the Knicks back in the 90's when I cared about b-ball. But to revel in schadenfreude whenever they lose because Dolan can't get past his obsession with Isaiah Thomas or Carmello is so so good.

They've basically lost most games since the 90s.
Talk about a loser franchise.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Of course Isaiah is Dolan's BFF. Guy was de facto found guilty of sexual harassment, almost singlehandedly killed the CBA and was behind the whispers about Magic's sexuality after he was diagnosed with HIV. Scum recognizes scum.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Knicks have become a joke franchise, possibly even a bigger joke than the 97-04 Rangers.

I haven't followed basketball in the least in 20 years, I've watched a lot more football than basketball in 20 years and I hardly even watch football either.

Why did they hire Jackson? Seemed like one of those ''Hiring him just to hire him'' scenarios or ''Hiring him because he's Phil Jackson''.

They've been an even bigger joke since he got there.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
The Knicks have become a joke franchise, possibly even a bigger joke than the 97-04 Rangers.

I haven't followed basketball in the least in 20 years, I've watched a lot more football than basketball in 20 years and I hardly even watch football either.

Why did they hire Jackson? Seemed like one of those ''Hiring him just to hire him'' scenarios or ''Hiring him because he's Phil Jackson''.

They've been an even bigger joke since he got there.

To put butts in the seats and make it appear that he cares about fans.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Rutgers is giving out shirts at the game today. One is Team pork roll. The other is Team Taylor Ham. Of course I am Team Taylor Ham till I die! Only communists refer to it as pork roll.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
i didn't even notice what was on the shirt till after i looked at it. i got the red because that's my favorite color lol

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
To put butts in the seats and make it appear that he cares about fans.
He's awful. I remember he had a spat with a fan in an email about a year or two ago. The fan was calling him out about how awful the Knicks have been and Dolan returned the email with a bunch of accusations that the fan was an alcoholic and should go root for the Nets because the Knicks didn't want him as a fan. And he even said the fan was such a hateful person, when the email didn't say anything hateful, other than critiquing Dolan.

That's an awful response to a fan of your team. That's an utterly embarrassing response IMO.
Rutgers is giving out shirts at the game today. One is Team pork roll. The other is Team Taylor Ham. Of course I am Team Taylor Ham till I die! Only communists refer to it as pork roll.

I always called it pork roll, if not for the fact that Taylor Ham is a brand name and not the actual name of the food. If it's the actual Taylor brand, I call it Taylor Ham though.

There were a couple pretty good brands in Central Jersey that I used to get and they weren't the Taylor brand.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Pork roll just sounds more unhealthy and when I want a pork roll, egg, and cheese sandwich, I want my arteries to quiver in fear.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I know a few of you here are Syracuse alums.
Former player Fab Melo passed away in Brazil yesterday.
He was only 26.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Net's are the worst team in the league and their potential 1st overall is going to Boston because of that awful
kg trade.

LOL

Didn't have one last year either. Was that also KG or PP? Did they even win a playoff round?

Anyone seen the posts about the Sixers?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Bill Walton is a fun listen, ESPN right now for the Oregon vs Arizona game.

Walton is unique, sounds a little baked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->